• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Surface Tension - Still Sharpening Nils?

Getanet

Question

Getanet

Do any of you guys know if Surface Tension still swims around these parts? I think I need my Nils sharpened. I had sent him a message through the HSO forum a while ago and didn't hear back. I'm not sure if HSO and Fishing MN share the same messaging platform, or if I need to try him here instead. Did a quick search and it doesn't look like he's posted in a while, so I'm hoping someone knows his whereabouts.

4 answers to this question

rundrave
1 hour ago, Getanet said:

Do any of you guys know if Surface Tension still swims around these parts? I think I need my Nils sharpened. I had sent him a message through the HSO forum a while ago and didn't hear back. I'm not sure if HSO and Fishing MN share the same messaging platform, or if I need to try him here instead. Did a quick search and it doesn't look like he's posted in a while, so I'm hoping someone knows his whereabouts.

you can try this:

Frank DeLuca
5382 Jentoft Road
Saginaw, MN  55779

[email protected]

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Surface Tension

Thanks Rundrave.   Yes I'm still sharpening.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
SkunkedAgain

ST did my blade last year, and then again this year. Fantastic service

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Muskysteve
      By Muskysteve
      Hi All,

I have just purchased a cabin in Frazer bay. We are in need of a recommended cabin inspector. Would anyone be able to provide a recommended contact?
    • Heff
      By Heff
      Hello,

I have an older lcx 25 an will not power up, wondering where I can find an expert  to evaluate. 
      Out if work an just replaced batteries,  trying not to by a new one
      Thanks
    • side_laker
      By side_laker
      Looks like my Canada trip in August may not be able to happen due to uncertainty that boarder will open in time. Our group is tossing around the idea of going up
      to lake vermilion instead. I am wondering if anyone has advise on where to stay. I have done some looking around and most resorts rent by the week. Any info would be greatly appreciated 
    • SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      There is an article in the Timberjay asking people to complete a survey that would help bring broadband to the area. I don't know much about this so I'm not promoting anything except for awareness.
      http://www.timberjay.com/stories/survey-to-gauge-interest-in-broadband-in-lake-vermilion-area,16455

The link to the survey is below. Click on the red link that says "Iron Range Broadband Survey":
      https://broadband.ramsmn.org/
    • rockeze70
      By rockeze70
      I’m not even sure if I’m in the right page I just signed up but my question is I just purchased a boat from a private seller went to his home the boat fired up I purchased the boat, the day before I brought it out which was about a week and a half later it fired up brought it to the lake the next day it fired up boated around for about 25 minutes found a spot to fish It was off for about an hour or so went to start it back up and it would not fire back up had to be towed off the lake so the moral of the story is there anyway I can go back and get my money legally without no trouble or what is my next step if the seller does not want to give the money back?
    • Oregon Marauder
      By Oregon Marauder
      Greetings....I'm searching for an original TUFFY (molded metal, left side or set of 2) TRANSOM CORNER for a rebuild on a 1985 Tuffy Muskie. Several TUFFY boats had these so being specifically from a Marauder may not be necessary. Wondering if anyone can help in locating one from a dealer or private party who may have upgraded to more modern transom corners/caps....maybe a boat that's been abandoned or scraped. 
      Photo attached of the right-rear that I am trying to  set-match to. The right side I have. Need to get a left side cap.
      Thanks for any assistance. 

• TomWehler
      By TomWehler
      So yesterday I cover up as told. Went to bank at noon to get some ca$h an the counter chix had a fit. After finish my biz head for truck n small town Squat Team waiting for me by truck!!   
      Barney, Gomer, Floyd, Goober, Otis ~~~~ 
      "What up with that?"

• smurfy
      By smurfy
      i remember icehawk mentioning he had a few. anyone else.?????

how are they to deal with , i somehow broke my little sweetpea rod up north this past weekend!!!!!!!!😡😤🤧 i dont see my wife ever hitting the ice again so i may jest steal hers, but am thinking of replacing it. i'm not looking to have them replace it free, but a good deal on a new one would make me happy. the rods a bought from them where made by the dude in the wheelchair at the time!!!!!!!!

any heads up would be great.
    • Rick
      By Rick
      MN Wild - State of Fishing 

💚❤ Click the link below if you love hockey & fishing:
      https://offer.fevo.com/wild-vs-colorado-pitj4ve-e6890ab?ref=CSCATURRO
      March 23rd, 2020
      WILD vs AVALANCHE

• Paul Waldowski
      By Paul Waldowski
      Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:
      Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric
      Access to indoor pool and hot tub
      Friday
      6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade
      7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service
      8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire
      Saturday
      6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee
      3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.
      Sunday
      7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JerkinLips
      McKinley Park parking lot is plowed regularly but is often quite busy.  Fortune Bay would be another option but I assume the parking lot is for guests (or customers).
    • monstermoose78
      Had fun diver hunting but my partners sucked at shooting worse than me. First flock I let them shoot and I dropped one it was a ringer and Finn chased that suck way out in the lake and around. Ended up with one merganser and my hunting partners never touched a duck.
    • SkunkedAgain
      In years past, Jack and other owners of the Landing used to keep the boat launch plowed next door. The last owners of the Landing didn't do it. I've asked several times while frequenting the Landing this summer/fall, and it sounds like they do not plan to keep the lot open either. Are there any other public launches on the lake that are regularly or semi-regularly plowed for people to park sled trailers?
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck I heard a report today lots of lakes are frozen
    • BobT
      Wow, I posted that information almost a decade ago. Those definition points I posted are not my opinion but if I remember correctly, I believe they came from the Hunting Handbook. As I posted.... • Crossbow hunters may not party hunt with firearms hunters. • Crossbow hunters may party hunt with archery hunters if they possess an archery license with a crossbow disability permit.   I'm not aware of any change in the law since then. 
    • JerkinLips
      Made it out for 4 hours yesterday and all I caught was this 25" walleye and a 22" northern.  Didn't have a bite in 2 hours last night and didn't see the people fishing by me pull up a fish.  Water temp was 37.4°F and there was a lot of green globs floating in the water.  Maybe that was from the water turning over (heaviest at 39.16°F).  I will blame that for the poor fishing rather than my lack of fishing skill (which I know I have).   Hoodoo point landing (2nd photo) had a little shore ice and McKinley Park (3rd photo) was totally clear as was Stuntz Bay.  With low temperatures in the teens the next 3 mornings I would expect ice to start forming along some shores.  Pulled my boat out of the water but could easily put it back in if the lake stays ice-free and I get my buck early.
    • Austin12345
      Its hard to think but its coming soon at 15 I dont have 300 laying around to buy a vex with so last year I got a garmin striker 4 and made a mount for it even with the summer ducer it worked great!! I would put it up aginst my buddies vexs and marcums here are the pics
    • JBMasterAngler
      I’m leaving the boat home...forecast just sucks up there for the weekend! I’m going to find out the hard way if I indeed patched the leak in my waders 🥶 I’m just going hop from lake to lake, and hope the ice won’t be a problem. 
    • Wiley Coyote
      Not looking to catch ciscos, looking to catch the things that eat ciscos, lol
    • gimruis
      It is supposed to be quite cold for the next 5-6 days and then I saw almost 50 again by deer opener.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.