• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

DonkeyHodey

2020/21 fishing licenses

DonkeyHodey

Just reminding everyone, your current license expires in 11 days.  Thanks to leap year, you get one bonus day to fish this year.

2020-21 licenses will be going on sale today, according to the DNR.

(CO's are usually out in force on 3/1...)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

gimruis

I'll add on to that: permanent houses must be removed in the southern portion of the state by March 2.

The DNR has indicated in the past that any permanent house not removed by the deadline (and not occupied over night) is subject to citation and/or removal.  I know this caused a lot of problems last season because the weather/conditions made it very difficult to remove a house.  But the date is set months in advance so plan ahead.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Dan85

Just a dumb question because i had someone ask me. Does anyone know if a person bought a 2020 license, would it be valid the rest of this season or starting March 1st. 

Wanderer
2 hours ago, Dan85 said:

Just a dumb question because i had someone ask me. Does anyone know if a person bought a 2020 license, would it be valid the rest of this season or starting March 1st. 

New licenses start on March 1st of the year they’re bought for.  Says the valid date right on the license to avoid questions.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:22 AM, gimruis said:

I'll add on to that: permanent houses must be removed in the southern portion of the state by March 2.

The DNR has indicated in the past that any permanent house not removed by the deadline (and not occupied over night) is subject to citation and/or removal.  I know this caused a lot of problems last season because the weather/conditions made it very difficult to remove a house.  But the date is set months in advance so plan ahead.

I’m glad there shouldn’t be any issues in my area.  First time in many, many years I’ve left a hard side out.

• Yayyyy 1

monstermoose78

Check out the super sportsman license 

Kettle
14 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Moose, I have never heard of this, looked it up, pretty great option. Thank you for sharing this!!!!

Kettle 

• I Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanderer
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Too late for me.  I already bought my married sportsman license.  So really I don’t even know if I had the option.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thanks 1

gimruis

I buy a conservation license.  Its half the cost of a traditional license and allows me to keep half a limit.  I release 95% of what I catch anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Hoey

Super sports license includes fishing,small game, state trout, waterfowl and pheasant stamps. Choice of firearm,archery or muzzleloader deer license after August 1.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanderer
1 hour ago, Hoey said:

Super sports license includes fishing,small game, state trout, waterfowl and pheasant stamps. Choice of firearm,archery or muzzleloader deer license after August 1.

All the things I normally buy...

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk
14 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

All the things I normally buy...

Wanderer don't feel bad I had my husband wife fishing license before I heard about this also. Being the nice guy Moose is he sent me a text about this super license and my bad I didn't get to take advantage of it.  Have to admit I never heard of it but once I looked into it looked like a great deal. You win some you loose some just a part of life . 😀

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow, ❤ 1

Wanderer

@IceHawk

I kinda wanted to P&M about the DNR not advertising it some, like in Outdoor News or something!  But I gotta admit it’s my responsibility to look into it.  I’m still surprised there wasn’t any any promotion so I hope they don’t complain we were “slow to adopt it/not much interest”.

Oh well, I’ll just continue to carry around multiple blue pieces of ink fading plastic in my wallet again this year! 🙃

• I Like it 1

monstermoose78

I only heard about it because I was trying to get a state park application for a deer hunt in Grand Marais and the guy at bucks handed me a list of all the licenses. I asked about it and why did I not know about this he said he did not know about it either. I think it’s a good deal

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

eyeguy 54
Posted (edited)

Ya. Me to wanderer Although I saved the pic in a file on my phone just in case I forget it at the wrong time. Always have my phone with me unless wading the creek. Always have my wifes along also. 

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      The other boats I've owned had the bow roller positioned so the roller hits the keel when the boat is snubbed up, not the bow eye.

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      I'm located in the Cities, but if anyone on the Vermilion forum (or around the metro) has one of those swim platforms that isn't being used, I am in the market.
    • Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      New 2020 1875 Pro Guide. Helix 12 Mega SI graph. Can't read bottom when up on plane. I was going to adjust the transducer and this is what I found. Isn't the first rule in transducer placement to put it where there is "clean", undisturbed water flow?? It is below the bottom of the boat, maybe too far. It's a side imaging transducer so I feel the riggers wanted it close to the center of the boat. Where have others placed a side imaging transducer and have it read bottom when up on plane? I don't think you can move it closer to the center line. If you move it to the left of it's current position, the is the power strake in the front 1/3 of the boat. Any help is appreciated!!

• Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      New 2020 boat. Livewell is leaking into the boat. Upon further review I found the leak. It's on the white fitting of the recirculation system where the water goes back into the livewell. I'm sure the rigger broke the little nipple on the right side when he installed the fuel/water separating filter as the gray gas line is right there. My question is where does the tubing from the little nipple go? The front livewell?

• Vlewis128
      By Vlewis128
      Hi all. I am currently at Rush Lake near Perham at Four Seaons Resort. We’ve been here three days and have caught basically nothing. Can anyone give me some advice on walleyes here? Where to go and good baits for this lake? I’ll take any advice on any type of fish you might experience with on this lake. Never been here before.....
    • Hookmaster
      By Hookmaster
      Has anybody used these Felpro washers? My kid's Corollas oem washer is coated aluminum. This Felpro is a synthetic material. I mistakenly ordered it from Rock Auto. Not a big loss if I chuck them and get the oem ones. OEM on the left. Felpro on the right.

• Beinglis23
      By Beinglis23
      which Bait is best for rainbow and brown trout
    • yoppdk
      By yoppdk
      I have TWO new Adirondack Chair and Table sets available for immediate sale. Both sets include two chairs and a ceramic-top table. One set also includes a pair of matching footrests.
      These sets are constructed of weather-resistant Canadian cedar which will last many years. The chair frames and armrests use 2 x 6 and 2 x 8 lumber making them the sturdiest Adirondack chairs available. They are also coated with a minimum of two coats of premium deck/furniture stain and assembled using only rust-proof coated deck screws.

The chairs are designed to accommodate most individuals from petite to XXXL and have a contoured seat and back so you can comfortably sit in these for hours. All edges and sitting surfaces are rounded and sanded smooth for added comfort.
      These are available for immediate pick-up in the Grand Rapids area ... or I can deliver within a 15 mile radius at no charge. Delivery beyond 15 miles of Grand Rapids is also available for a nominal charge.

Full Set - $800:
      - 2 Adirondack Chairs
      - 2 Matching Footrests
      - 1 Matching Ceramic-topped Side Table

Chair/Table Set - $600
      - 2 Adirondack Chairs
      - 1 Matching Ceramic-topped Side Table

These are available as sets only. However I can build separate pieces to your order.

Please PM me for questions or with orders. First come, first served. New orders typically take 3 or 4 weeks.

• burgoyne
      By burgoyne
      Hey all, I’m new to the state (moved here from Ontario) and am in the Eagan area. I was sad to find that my boat is a little large for most lakes within a short drive (20-30 minutes), so I bought a kayak. The boat will get saved for trips up north. 

Anyways, I was hoping to get some info on lakes/ rivers to try around Eagan. I don’t need specific spots, just lakes that hold fish. Was hoping for walleye/ crappie/ pike. 

Any tips would be appreciated! 
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Just wondering which one seems the best so far the Shadow rap seems more versatile The husky jerks to me seem a little hard to get to track straight. Thoughts? 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Muskies
      May 31...Another beautiful afternoon on rainy lake with my wife...fishing east end this time...out for 4 hours 20+ walleyes and one 30” northern. Surface water temperature 65 degrees in 10-14 feet...jigs and chubs...Cajun batter on the fillets...
    • Wanderer
      Looks too low to me too.
    • Squirt
      Going to lake vermillion for the first time. June 13. Staying near Arrow Head Point, Isle of Pines. Only have a small boat with 15 HP so looking for some tips for where to go for big pike that is reasonably close given my boat. I do not mind a drive, but I know how conditions can get on big water.  I also plan to go to Trout Lake (reason for bringing the small boat) If anyone has tips on Trout Lake for Pike.  Thanks and #tightlines!
    • rayguy
      Heading up to chain for a couple weeks.  Need some general info on the panfish bite.  They still shallow?  Got a couple grandkids coming up and any info sent on the panfish action will be appreciated.  Thanks   Ray guy
    • walros
      Maybe see if you slide the winch back on the tongue an inch or two. The roller needs to contact the boat to keep it from bouncing. Should check to make sure the rear bunk rollers line up with the rear transom for stability.  
    • gunner55
      Every rig we've owned the roller is above the eye & snug to the boat when it's loaded.
    • h8go4s
      https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing_piers/index.html
    • Cheers
      I looked at my rig yesterday . It is a matched boat/trailer package from Lund . My roller is above the eye but snug onto the bow , probably an inch maybe more, higher than yours.
    • KidMoe
      If I have where you are right then lake Nokomis is near you. There’s lots of good walleye and crappie in there. If not I might suggest Medicine lake. There’s a handful of shore areas to fish and some easy to access kayakable areas. Lots of northerns and panfish in that lake. Look for weed edges and either cast spoons, spinnerbaits, etc for pike or bobber and work for panfish. Also some bonus walleye in there from time to time. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Wild trout are more cautious, and basically smarter. I rarely do well with flashy or bright lures on streams with wild trout. But when I fish designated trout lakes up north, it usually doesn’t matter what color I use. But I’ll give the flashy stuff a slight edge.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.