• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

eyeguy 54

Yep

eyeguy 54

.7C53C520-16D4-4378-9683-A11F4778F7DC.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

monstermoose78

No no you will not

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Rick
25 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

.7C53C520-16D4-4378-9683-A11F4778F7DC.jpeg

Now that's funny. I just saw that meme literally 20 seconds ago.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Kettle

I think it's appropriate to bring back this meme in response 

20180829_090238.jpg

• Yayyyy 2

eyeguy 54

🤣

188379B1-114C-4FC3-8C2A-893DD822C407.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Cret Jigs

" Just not feeling it today"    How appropriate - All week at work(so Busy) and going to go out Ice Fishing Saturday morning.    Loaded the truck up with everything and the last thing i did "twinge"  through my back out just as i was going to leave ... spent the day on ice and heat and ibuprofen and doing much better today.   Got plans with family most of the day .... truck still loaded in case i get back early and loosen up more LOL.   LIFE - LOL!!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow, ❤ 2

ozzie

been there a time or 2 Cret!  hope your back is feeling better!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

monstermoose78

Feel better soon cret we got gills to catch

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

You wounded too cret?It ain’t fun. 

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1

Borch

Mine popped Sunday and I was on the lake zipping up the pant leg on my ice suit.   Luckily it settled down because I was fishing either way.  😁

• Thumbs Up 2

eyeguy 54

Was nice to see those pics. Tight lines!

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Cret Jigs

Well getting ready to go out Today back to a nice little bay in Minnetonka .... back is better after a good 2-4 day soreness that finally subsided.   truck is all ready packed from last Saturday lol ...  going to be warm enough today so wont mess with setting up a hub ect....    will try to remember to shoot some pics.   hope you all have a great day and will report back tonight.   Thanks for all the well wishing as when you have a bad back ... life stops when it acts up (UGH)  been lucky enough to be smart and manage it but i'm going to enjoy everytime i can fish!!

Cret

• Thumbs Up 2

Cret Jigs
On 2/17/2020 at 7:52 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

You wounded too cret?It ain’t fun. 

How is your health coming along?   Keep the Faith Brother!

eyeguy 54

Doing ok. Went the ibuprofen route so first few days were rough and I growled a lot. lol. Itchy now. All worth it hopefully 😁

• Thumbs Up 3

Wanderer

I hope it’s worth it for you too.  Back issues are the worst!  Relief is GOLDEN!

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

Already had two back surgeries. 2006. 2010. First one went a lot better than second. Narcotics 9 months and terrible withdrawals. That’s why ibuprofen for this trip under the knife. I did the shoulder block. Only way to go for the first day of relief. 

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1

smurfy

Hope it goes well for you eyeguy!!👍 I had a minimally invasive back surgery  back in 2017. Can't believe I waited 12 years to do it. Yea they gave me oxy but I did not like how it made me feel. Know I know what a female feels like with hot flashes. UFFDA! I quit taking them.

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

Ya it was nasty. Went from 202 down to 168 in 30 days. Couldn’t sleep or eat much. Crazy time!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike89

good luck eyeguy!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Cret Jigs

Wow ... the back held up today!!   Always forget to take pics UGH ... wish i had taken some, just a great day on the ice.  met some very nice people ... and enjoyed the great weather.  brought home 7 Sunnies, 2 crappies, and a large mouth.  Missed a bunch and caught numerous border line pannies.   Great great time.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• FatFishie
      By FatFishie
      2013 Ranger 1850

This is the cleanest 2013 multi sport fishing boat that you’ll find. Powered by a Yamaha 150 four stroke, this is a great performing boat. The interior, exterior, motor and trailer are in awesome condition. Features include:

Ranger Custom Trailer w/spare tire.
      Yamaha 150 four stroke.
      Minn Kota 80 Terrova trolling motor w/iPilot.
      Lowrance HDS 7 & HDS 5 depth/fish finders.
      Onboard 2 bank battery charger.
      Large Livewell.
      Bait Livewell.
      12+ rod locker.
      AM/FM/CD Stereo.
      4 swivel seats.
      2 flip on seat.
      Snap in carpet.
      Ranger custom travel cover.
      Swim ladder.
      Ski pylon.
      Removable bow cushions
      Built in cooler
      Interior LED courtesy lights
      Lots of storage

I’m sure there are things that I’ve missed in the above list of options. This is the perfect fishing boat, and can easily double as a family runabout for skiing, tubing and cruising around.

Boat is located in Detroit Lakes MN.  Please call or text for more information. 701-371-509nine

• Wheezy Outdoors
      By Wheezy Outdoors
      Ice Conditions are very exceptional still as there is not much snow left atop, or at all on most lakes. Ice thickness has remained consistent for the most part from 26” to 36” of ice. Continue to use caution however, especially on the inlets, outlets, where springs may be present and of course along the shallows and shorelines as light precipitation, sun, and warm weather can begin to erode ice extremely fast.
      We are on some of the best fishing we have had yet this season as far as panfish are concerned. For the most part the bluegills are on the drop offs of weed points and inside corners. As we explained in the last report, there is not much left for standing weeds this time of year, but as these areas gain more and more sunlight each day that glorious thing we know as photosynthesis will begin to take effect bringing the life back with it. This time of year the trick is finding the schools, as they definitely are on the move. Once you find the fish the key then is to stay on top of them by remaining mobile. Thankfully we are in for some beautiful weather, making hole hopping quite enjoyable this coming weekend. You might be able to pull up a few Crappies mixed with the Gills, but most will still be out deeper. The Bluegills are covering territory as we have found them in depths ranging from 6’-22’ and Crappies anywhere from 13’-32’ of water. Jumbo Perch can also be found on the flats and along the points in 5’-10’ of water. Small Jigging Spoons still remain to be the ticket as the fish continue to favor a tipped Venom Inferno or the Clam Pinhead Minnow.
      It is the prime time of target for several species other than Panfish as Burbot begin to enter into spawn, Whitefish and Tullibees have been hot to bite, and even Trout are still aggressive right now. There is still plenty of fun to be had on the ice even as we begin to prepare for the next season! Up Next... RAINY RIVER!

This week we will be digging the boat out of storage and start to get geared up for the open water. The Rainy River is opening up more and more each day and it won’t be long at all! Come enjoy the extended walleye season with Captain Justin Wiese on one of the most renowned walleye fisheries in the world. Visit our website or give us a call at 218-275-7525 for more details! You won’t want to miss out!

• Dan Rud
      By Dan Rud
      www.Wausota.com 

please Call Owner Emery + Lyn Edwards
      for cabins Available in spring and summer and fall hunting great!!! Also fishing AWESOME 🎣

good Luck and be safe!!!

Dan

• MNAngler01
      By MNAngler01
      Has anyone found some perch or burbot around Garrison on Mille Lacs? I might be out there this weekend and I was wondering if mudflats would be good for perch?
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Had a fantastic fun filled final ice fishing weekend with grandkids, son daughter-in-law on Coon lake across the street from home. SnoDog run, bit of wind, camera site fishing (and learning), new flasher and family along with a small mishap on my part made this a memorable outing for years to come.

• Borch
      By Borch
      Fished hard for 3 days on Big Stone Lake and the bite was very, very tough.  The nice Marked a lot of fish and just couldn't get them to bite. Did manage some dandy perch and trophy gills,(released) but not a lot of numbers.  Saturday late afternoon we stuck 3 gills over 10".  My nephew had one that was at least 10 1/2" but released it before I could measure or get a pic.  Sunday we had 2 more at or just under 10".  Had to downsize to get bit.  Did catch a couple on set lines with fatheads.   Spoons didn't get bit often.  Tungsten jigs or flies tipped with plastics or eurolarvae got most of the action.  
      Found fish in or near basin areas near shallower rock structures.  We would drill, drill and then drill some more.  Once we found fish we would make smaller moves or wait out schools cruising through the area. Travel conditions were excellent.   Just had to watch out for the occassional drift or old plowed road.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.

• AlwaysFishing23
      By AlwaysFishing23
      Well we wrapped up a few days up north. Tried a lake I’ve been to a few times in past but seem to always struggle at getting anything going. It took a lot of miles on the sled and be willing to go out in subzero temps and strong winds but I was able to contact a massive amount of gills. Ended up catching around 300 I figure. Biggest was about 9”- 9 1/2”. A lot of dandies over all. Kept a few meals to hold me over for a while. Next day went back and threw out a tipup with suckers I had left over from a few weeks ago. I literally could not keep the flag down! ( haha what a funny sentence!!) it was not stop flags and fish! I even had one spool me as I running up to it! So much fun. The gills were all in about 14fow but were stacked from bottom up to about 5 ft down. It’s One of the clearest lakes in the state So I was able to sight fish them and let me tell you if your able to sight fish gills its one of the most entertaining things I can think of doing. Even we’re able to put a decent amount of miles on the sleds. The trails up there were the best I’ve seen and were perfect shape for riding. 

• Fishing Trend bD
      By Fishing Trend bD
      Net fishing in Asia is a traditional fishing method. I hope you enjoy.
      tilapia
      tilapia fishing
      tilapia fish catching
      Village fishing
      fish catching
      fishing videos
      fishing videos bd
      fishing bd
      unique fishing
      Catch fishing
      Daily Fishing Life
      fishing videos daily
      Top Fishing Videos
      bd Village fishing
      Best fishing
      best fishing videos
      fish and fishing
      big fish hunting
      fish lover
      Fish Hunting Videos
      Traditional Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Primitive Fishing BD
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Found this and would like to see your opinions....

The DNR is in the process of finalizing plans for the Quality Bluegill Initiative, revealed last summer in the hope of going public early this spring.

Implementation would happen in 2021. The goal was to greatly increase the number of lakes in the state with reduced limits for bluegills in hopes of growing bigger sunfish.

Big sunfish, as anybody who's dunked a worm knows, is among the rarest of fish in Minnesota. A true trophy, 10 inches or longer, might be tougher to catch than an eight-pound walleye. Decades of liberal bag limits, anglers keeping too many big fish and the belief that you could never "overfish" sunnies took their toll.

The DNR spent the past several months identifying between 200 and 250 lakes on which it can cut the current statewide 20-fish limit to 10 or five sunfish. Lakes on the list needed to meet certain criteria, including public support and the biological capability to grow big bluegills.

Jim Wolters, DNR's area fisheries manager in Fergus Falls, said there are 13 lakes in Otter Tail County and 5 in Becker County under consideration for reduced sunfish limits.

What do you think?
    • Stickjiggler
      By Stickjiggler
      Has anyone had any success sharpening their own Laser blades?
      Any tips, tricks?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from myouting lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from my outing lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • PRO-V
      Mine is my wife and our 5 kids (youngest is 29). All are independent and have given us 7 grandkids who are a hoot. Not to mention all of my great friends. I'm only 60 but I've gotten in a massive amount of fishing and hunting since I was 5. Feel sorry for the guys who did nothing but work most of their life thinking they would have their fun at retirement. Doesn't usually work out. I tried to balance work, family and adventure. If I died now I lived a full life but wanna see the kids/grandkids grow up. Their old enough now to have fun with and my days of having to dig a new outhouse hole are over. My son is a huge help now.
    • PRO-V
      Highlight of my life was seeing AC/DC on their last tour at Excel Center. Rock on!! 
    • Borch
      For me it's family, friends and faith.  My health has been good and I'm currently working through some things health wise.  But I'm positive and have found more support and care than I could have imagined.  For that, I truly felt blessed.   I'm lucky to have a wife who loves me even with my short comings.  Again, I'm a very lucky man.  I have 6 granddaughters who love to hug and talk to papa.  Makes me smile even now as I type this.  My 3 adult children are doing well and actually call the old man for advise and like to hang out with me which I really enjoy.  My folks are on their way home from south TX.  We got to visit and fish with them there this winter.  I feel fortunate to be able to do things with them yet.  Finally getting out to fish and hunt with all of these freinds and family are what really make me feel like one fortunate guy.
    • eyeguy 54
      Thankful for grandkids. Interesting and fun stage of life. 😁
    • Borch
      I generally fish close to home and after dark opening weekend.  Just too crazy during the day and it's so quiet at night.  Not to mention it can me very good fishing to boot.
    • Bigfatbert
      Ok TW and thanks for the reply . . I tried earlier to send you a pm about that book but it was a no go , not sure why but when I tried to send it to you it wouldn’t go through ,  very well could have been my lack of knowledge on doing such  and who knows what I did with those buttons , because I seem to be good at pushing  other buttons on this site , haaaa  ,so I’ve been told , but F that .. It did bum me out though that it didn’t go through because it was quite lengthy and chock full of fun music trivia on my days with music and I had intentions on getting you my personal pics at a later time with many , many different music n geee tarrr pickers , above (j fogerty) (my opinion ) or at , or near the level of the All American Boy  . As to him and your pick of him I do understand as he is a guitar god . Maybe you could PM me with a play by play dummy set of instructions on how actually get u a Pm from me....  smiles , and thanks TW.               
    • IceHawk
      I realize everyone will be antsy by opener and understandable. But agree why travel to a different area to fish and risk being infected or infecting someone else. Don't blame certain locations not wanting people coming up by them. Lets all look at this as a perfect time to learn and fish some of the waters in our backyards. We all have good waters close to us why not take advantage of them. You might srike paydirt and will start fishing closer to your house more often I know I have!  I've never been a big fan of traveling to all the big waters on opener especially N. Water temps have always dictated where I open. 9 out 10 times I open in my back yard on chain or a surrounding small  lake or around the Atwater area. Lets all be considerate and see where this all goes before making our plans. Safety and Health first pleasure second should be our thought process right now. 
    • IceHawk
      My Health and Family!! As a Kidney cancer survivor I cherish everyday being able to walk this fine earth we live on there was a time I wasn't sure I was going to be able to.  The appreciation I have for the small things in life now are unimaginable. You soon learn the importance of the material things in your life and that is zilch. I will tell you from experience It doesn't matter how much money you have or if you own the biggest house, boat etc. The only thing that really matters is your Family,  your friends and the most important the Good Lord. My family has always been the most important thing in my life.  MY wife and my two daughters are the rocks  that get me through the tough times. And give me a purpose in life. Without them my purpose in life would be cut in half. My wife has always been a big supporter of my hobbies as she knows the love and passion I have for the great outdoors fishing and hunting and I love her for  that! My daughters  they are getting older 22 and 17 but still aren't to old   to hang out and reminisce with there old dad every once in a while. The three of them are my best 3 catches to date!!! 😀Lastly all my friends they are always there to share moments, laughs, good times and are always willing to open a ear and listen offer advise when something is bothering me thanks guys!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.