• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Carleton College - Cannon River Fishing

Hi Everyone, 

I'm a Freshman at Carleton College (Northfield MN), and I was wondering what exactly was in the cannon river (below the dam that runs through downtown.) I have fished before around July of 2017 just a little south of West Gym, where a smaller creek meets with the main river and caught two Northerns (30 inches roughly), but other than that I haven't caught anything. Are there any good spots or just techniques, things to try for catfish, walleye, smallmouth (maybe more pike, etc.) 

I tried fishing the river this winter and walked around in the Carleton Arb and didn't get anything, so I assume winter river fishing probably is a no go. Is Lyman Lakes viable to try for ice fishing? I know there's a lot of current that goes through so the ice might not be entirely safe but I'm willing to check it out if there's good panfish in there. 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

There are smallies and walleyes in there. Many more pike though. It's not a particularly strong stretch of the river to fish. The best is to fish the Cannon west of Faribault or east of Cannon falls. I do know there are some catfish in there as well. Good luck.

In the spring, I’ve heard there used to be good runs of white bass. I would imagine not much has changed. But yes, the Faribault area is much better (particularly in spring). White Bass and Largemouth Bass are most common, but you can also get Carp and Bullhead, occasional Walleye. Shore fishing on Cannon Lake is supposed to be good for Crappies.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
On 10/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, unrealnfs7 said:

dissertation writers are people with advanced degrees who specialize in writing this kind of paper. Their work is of a high quality and is based on extensive research. When looking for writers, it is important to select a company that has experience in this field. You should also avoid hiring freelance writers from private message boards because many of them are scams. They may ask you for upfront payment and disappear once they have your money.

1_4NhFKMxr-qXodjYpxtiE0w.gif