• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Lane-O

Auger wont cut

Question

Lane-O

Great site! So I have an 18yrold Eskimo Baracuda with the Turbo bottom assembly .It has always ran great but that Turbo is a Beast and quite agressive . Ive had to have the flites welded 3 times over the years were the flite meets the shaft and has never seemed to make any difference on cutting . However, the last time it was welded was close to the bottom and we ddint notice that the plastic gromet that centers the Spike was melting 😳, sooo we just put it back in place

and centered the best we could and let the plastic cool. I used it a few times after that and it cut "Alright".....But.. now it bounces around like a four year old in  a bounc-house . So my question is, is it worth it to just put in a new Spike and some new blades ? Or should I just get a new Qantum 10" bottom?

• I Like it 1

2 answers to this question

Larry Gunderson

Change the blades

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Thanks @Larry Gunderson and welcome to FM.

Join in and have fun. Hopefully someone else jumps in on this topic as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Dan85
      By Dan85
      Well, with the extra time we have on our hands, I decided to do a little spring cleaning. I have 3 Antler mounts I don't plan to use anymore, I switched to the boil method. I will sell these for $20 or b/o each. $50 takes all 3. 

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Haven’t smoked any for a while. 

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Found a tackle box up on Lake Osakis this morning. It wasn't in any of the community spots or I wouldn't of found it with amount of guys up there. LOL!  Wow you would think the Caughren point area was the only place to catch and sight fish.They should of been there a week and a half ago when we found them fresh 😲   Glad I have better spots where social or should I say solo distancing was happening 😉 If anyone lost one out there off the beaten path I found it feel free to PM me with the contents and Ill get it back to you somehow. If nobody claims it I'll donate it to a kid (and No not you Smurfey 😂) to get him a good start into ice fishing some good stuff in there!  
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Good read:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-coronavirus-begin-us-matters/ 
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Is on the way. Ordered a Perception Sound 10.5. Looking forward to chasing some big fishies in May or June.  Second pic is for @Rick G   😉

• rayguy
      By rayguy
      Here is something we may not of touched yet .   What with the access being shut down on the Rainy river how do we know the opener won't be either shutdown or pushed back? Any rumors or first hand knowledge out there?    Another question what with the current shelter in place regs how will this effect all Minnesota's resorts and campgrounds?  Food for thought my friends.
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Just a heads up to all out walking especially people with dogs. The ticks are out. I've been out shed hunting a lot and scouting for turkeys in the woods lately with my beloved dogs. Pulled off some deer ticks last few outings off both my labs. Time to introduce some preventive tick procedures now if venturing out. For my labs I use Frontline but some other options are Bravecto, Seresto, and at the least a flea tick color. For myself I use a product I swear by I always spray down with Permethrin before venturing out in the woods swamps or fields. I have had great results with this product. Hasn't let me down once!  Lyme disease is nothing to take light of as many people and dogs get infected every year. 
    • Surface Tension
      By Surface Tension
      Ely lake Swap Meet will be April 25 at Fayal hall. 
      Don't know if tables are still available but Tim should be dropping into answer questions.
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Well as we are facing some crazy times and going into some uncertain times ahead. Stress and anxiety will be at a all time hi. Tension amongst family and friends might be tested to a all time peak. Just wanted everyone to try as best as possible to stay positive optimistic through the whole scenario We will all get through this, maybe in the end it will open all are eyes up to certain ways we live act treat each other . Lets all keep our heads up Positivity is key to better health and a better life. Lets try to help out wherever we can to help our community's and friends neighbors and loved ones. Lets Try not to show the fear we all feel and  face in these unsettled times.  The younger ones especially are kids are looking up to us.  Lets all act like positive role models and do our parts to try and get things back on track for everyones sake.   Many will be seeing some free time ahead with job layoffs business closings etc.  Lets turn those bad situations into good positive ones. Volunteer help a elderly person  neighbor donate to food shelves, etc. 

Lastly we are all family here even though some of us have our differences at times 😉 LOL   FM has always been a safe place our second home where we all feel comfortable a safe place sort to speak. We all come log in  and will especially in these  hard times ahead. Lets get some good topics flowing to ease all our minds. I want to add if anyone ever needs anything I mean anything shoot me a PM Ill do whatever I can to help any way possible. If you need to talk release some stress get some things off your chest or just feel some normalcy in your life  in these strange times holler. PM me and Ill get my number out there to you. We are all in this together no matter our views and opinion. STAY SAFE STAND STRONG MY FRIENDS AND BE HAPPY 😀😀😀
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Hey guys I was wondering if any of you kayak fish I would love for some tips tricks and most importantly a good kayak to start with thats not very spendy 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      Foil time
    • eyeguy 54
      Almost did three racks. 😁
    • Mike89
      I like to do at least 2 racks at a time too, both sharing and pigging out!!!   🍻
    • Wanderer
      I’ve cut back on decoy use too.  None when shotgun hunting in woods especially but still use 1 or 2 for bow hunting.  This year on two of my possible sets I plan to put out 3 but not in a group; spread out instead and see how that goes.
    • Rick
      Thanks for the updates guys.   Please keep us posted. The more talk the merrier.   Help keep the spirits up. 🙂
    • Rick
      Thank you out @DP   Please keep us updated.   Thanks again sir.
    • Rick
      Here is a link with respect to outdoor related activities...note the stay close to home directive. - Click Here
    • eyeguy 54
      Made plenty so I can treat the neighbors 😁
    • DP
      The rain we had yesterday took care of the ice overnight, viewed from our shoreline on the west side of lake one, the ice is pretty much gone, can only see a few small patches of ice left out towards the East side
    • Mike89
      that's funny, I have been thinking of ribs too!!!!  now I will really be thinking of them!!!!  just might have to dig them out of the freezer!!!!  I like the dry rub method too!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.