• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Patrick Bennett

how do you make patties out of fish?

eyeguy 54

Pic enclosed

CBAC9E0D-89C1-4C1B-931C-8AD0C1CB2323.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

Spoon squished in an old Tupperware burger thing

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Mike89

and they taste great too!!

• I Like it 1

eyeguy 54

Really good with the stuffing mix. 

• Thanks 1

rumeye

You talking like stovetop mix in box ?

eyeguy 54

I used this. Maybe three cups.smashed it up good.  Didn’t measure. I just added till it got to where I liked it. 

49FC4E14-1B58-4773-8C5C-19699DBD0578.jpeg

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

eyeguy 54

Forgot to mention I don’t eat these on a bun. 

• Yayyyy 1

rumeye

Thanks yeah I would not put on bun either wow those look yummy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

eyeguy 54

👍🏻 When I fry the spray a little olive oil in the pan. Lay it in then olive oil on top with pepper so when I flip it there is a little more oil hitting the pan. Time to fry up lunch. 🐟 A little miracle whip for dip. 

Edited by eyeguy 54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

rumeye

Your killing me😀

• Yayyyy 2

eyeguy 54

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

smurfy

i've often thought about fish burgers..........just cant get myself to do it with all those added ingredients.  guess i like my plain fish fillet to much!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

eyeguy 54

I love em dunked in peanut oil best but glad I tried this. A bit of work at the start but a very easy fry up option later in a pan. Probably great on a bun also but plenty carbs already in the patty so I won’t even try it that way. The 2 pounds of fillets I used gave me 8 very nice patties. Flash froze then into a couple baggies. Got 3 left. I do venny burgers that way also. Flash freeze about 20. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

DonkeyHodey
1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I do venny burgers that way also.

So do you do straight ven, or use a similar mix (egg/oil/spice/etc...)

eyeguy 54

Half course ground pork half venny. Just had one for lunch. 1/2 Tsp Montreal per pound. Tsp olive oil per pound. Pretty basic and dang good. Pepper when frying. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

rcjoutdoors

Macadamia nuts also make a great coating for fish. I had some trout coated in it and fell in love.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

DonkeyHodey

astirfry.thumb.jpg.7a6551fc47f689eb5fa8a30ac58fa6cb.jpg

Venison Stir Fry.  (amazingly easy.  diced steak in a little olive oil, ginger seasoning, veggies, rice noodles and bottle of stir-fry sauce.--the Kikkoman "green" bottle is always a winner)

I've found stir-frying steaks is a fantastic way to keep the venny from drying out or getting tough as sometimes happens with grilling or pan-frying.

*?Wuhan flavored.😜

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1
  • l Love It 1

eyeguy 54

Looks great! We do it this way quite often. Or in crock pot. Mmmmm

• I Like it 1

IceHawk

WOW that does look good ! Well as we are in the hunker down mode pretty much we all will be improvising our meal plans with items mainly on hand. Maybe we can come up with some great meal ideas to help each other out.

• Yayyyy 1

eyeguy 54

Good idea Chris. Always like new food things to try. A basic recipe we love is the boxed potatoes with 4 venny brats laid on top. So easy and so good !  Veggies on the side of course. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• dutchboy II
      By dutchboy II
      With the crazy restrictions on Mille Lacs and the uncertain opener are any of you still planning to fish Mille Lacs?  Will you hit other lakes or just going to stay home this summer and hope things get back to normal?  The very dedicated Walleye guys are really going to need to adjust or hit other lakes.

Businesses are going to get clobbered.

Sad situation. Hopefully there is something left in 2021.  
    • PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      On a whim I was shore fishing in the parkway, just a smallish hook and red wigglers from the garden.The little nibblers started hitting hard after 3pm. They're hungry! I saw larger ones but they were too clever for my hook. This was a nice day to get back into the groove- get a feel for my gear and practice casting. 😄 Hopefully the big biters will come out to play soon.
      Happy Spring!

• Mark Jurgensen
      By Mark Jurgensen
      Need to get out for a while.  Any fishing being done on Cedar Lake in New Prague.
    • FatFishie
      By FatFishie
      2013 Ranger 1850

This is the cleanest 2013 multi sport fishing boat that you’ll find. Powered by a Yamaha 150 four stroke, this is a great performing boat. The interior, exterior, motor and trailer are in awesome condition. Features include:

Ranger Custom Trailer w/spare tire.
      Yamaha 150 four stroke.
      Minn Kota 80 Terrova trolling motor w/iPilot.
      Lowrance HDS 7 & HDS 5 depth/fish finders.
      Onboard 2 bank battery charger.
      Large Livewell.
      Bait Livewell.
      12+ rod locker.
      AM/FM/CD Stereo.
      4 swivel seats.
      2 flip on seat.
      Snap in carpet.
      Ranger custom travel cover.
      Swim ladder.
      Ski pylon.
      Removable bow cushions
      Built in cooler
      Interior LED courtesy lights
      Lots of storage

I’m sure there are things that I’ve missed in the above list of options. This is the perfect fishing boat, and can easily double as a family runabout for skiing, tubing and cruising around.

Boat is located in Detroit Lakes MN.  Please call or text for more information. 701-371-509nine

• Wheezy Outdoors
      By Wheezy Outdoors
      Ice Conditions are very exceptional still as there is not much snow left atop, or at all on most lakes. Ice thickness has remained consistent for the most part from 26” to 36” of ice. Continue to use caution however, especially on the inlets, outlets, where springs may be present and of course along the shallows and shorelines as light precipitation, sun, and warm weather can begin to erode ice extremely fast.
      We are on some of the best fishing we have had yet this season as far as panfish are concerned. For the most part the bluegills are on the drop offs of weed points and inside corners. As we explained in the last report, there is not much left for standing weeds this time of year, but as these areas gain more and more sunlight each day that glorious thing we know as photosynthesis will begin to take effect bringing the life back with it. This time of year the trick is finding the schools, as they definitely are on the move. Once you find the fish the key then is to stay on top of them by remaining mobile. Thankfully we are in for some beautiful weather, making hole hopping quite enjoyable this coming weekend. You might be able to pull up a few Crappies mixed with the Gills, but most will still be out deeper. The Bluegills are covering territory as we have found them in depths ranging from 6’-22’ and Crappies anywhere from 13’-32’ of water. Jumbo Perch can also be found on the flats and along the points in 5’-10’ of water. Small Jigging Spoons still remain to be the ticket as the fish continue to favor a tipped Venom Inferno or the Clam Pinhead Minnow.
      It is the prime time of target for several species other than Panfish as Burbot begin to enter into spawn, Whitefish and Tullibees have been hot to bite, and even Trout are still aggressive right now. There is still plenty of fun to be had on the ice even as we begin to prepare for the next season! Up Next... RAINY RIVER!

This week we will be digging the boat out of storage and start to get geared up for the open water. The Rainy River is opening up more and more each day and it won’t be long at all! Come enjoy the extended walleye season with Captain Justin Wiese on one of the most renowned walleye fisheries in the world. Visit our website or give us a call at 218-275-7525 for more details! You won’t want to miss out!

• Dan Rud
      By Dan Rud
      www.Wausota.com 

please Call Owner Emery + Lyn Edwards
      for cabins Available in spring and summer and fall hunting great!!! Also fishing AWESOME 🎣

good Luck and be safe!!!

Dan

• MNAngler01
      By MNAngler01
      Has anyone found some perch or burbot around Garrison on Mille Lacs? I might be out there this weekend and I was wondering if mudflats would be good for perch?
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Had a fantastic fun filled final ice fishing weekend with grandkids, son daughter-in-law on Coon lake across the street from home. SnoDog run, bit of wind, camera site fishing (and learning), new flasher and family along with a small mishap on my part made this a memorable outing for years to come.

• Borch
      By Borch
      Fished hard for 3 days on Big Stone Lake and the bite was very, very tough.  The nice Marked a lot of fish and just couldn't get them to bite. Did manage some dandy perch and trophy gills,(released) but not a lot of numbers.  Saturday late afternoon we stuck 3 gills over 10".  My nephew had one that was at least 10 1/2" but released it before I could measure or get a pic.  Sunday we had 2 more at or just under 10".  Had to downsize to get bit.  Did catch a couple on set lines with fatheads.   Spoons didn't get bit often.  Tungsten jigs or flies tipped with plastics or eurolarvae got most of the action.  
      Found fish in or near basin areas near shallower rock structures.  We would drill, drill and then drill some more.  Once we found fish we would make smaller moves or wait out schools cruising through the area. Travel conditions were excellent.   Just had to watch out for the occassional drift or old plowed road.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.

• AlwaysFishing23
      By AlwaysFishing23
      Well we wrapped up a few days up north. Tried a lake I’ve been to a few times in past but seem to always struggle at getting anything going. It took a lot of miles on the sled and be willing to go out in subzero temps and strong winds but I was able to contact a massive amount of gills. Ended up catching around 300 I figure. Biggest was about 9”- 9 1/2”. A lot of dandies over all. Kept a few meals to hold me over for a while. Next day went back and threw out a tipup with suckers I had left over from a few weeks ago. I literally could not keep the flag down! ( haha what a funny sentence!!) it was not stop flags and fish! I even had one spool me as I running up to it! So much fun. The gills were all in about 14fow but were stacked from bottom up to about 5 ft down. It’s One of the clearest lakes in the state So I was able to sight fish them and let me tell you if your able to sight fish gills its one of the most entertaining things I can think of doing. Even we’re able to put a decent amount of miles on the sleds. The trails up there were the best I’ve seen and were perfect shape for riding. 

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ANYFISH2
      Lots of birds have been visible the last week here.  It is like the just flipped the switch.  Mostly been seeing groups of 3-4 males and 4-5 hens together.  4 or 5 groups on my travel from Cushing to Little Falls.
    • ANYFISH2
      I don't think the Regulations with effect people coming to the lake to fish.   Mille lacs has been plenty busy over the last decade of less ideal regulations. I suppose some people are not staying at resorts here, and launch service numbers are down, but the angler effort is still there.  Seems everyone has a 18ft boat that can handle big water now a days, and all the electronics you want.  People are more likely to drive to and back home as of late. I know a number if people that complain about the regs on Mille lacs but still go a number of times each year because the fishing is fun there for numbers and size.   The tourism business is fine, if your business model fits today's traveling angler.
    • Kettle
      The University of Washington's projection that was in the link updates every four days with an update later on today. That is the model the federal government is using. Here is a link talking about the one in MN.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-news/coronavirus-big-differences-in-minnesota-model-national-model
    • Mike89
      good common sense things too!!!!  good share Tom!!   
    • whateverisbiting
      Thanks for sharing the link.  Would be nice if they showed projection to date vs real to provide some insight into the ability to project.
    • Wanderer
      Thanks for the reminder of which model Walz is watching.  I’ll look it up.  The one I posted the link to was from the University of Washington.  I don’t get to see all of Walz’s press conferences but catch them if I can.  I’m on the weekly MDH call, along with a few others several days per week, and in multiple meetings per day.   Drinking from a fire hose has taken on a whole new meaning.   By the way, I’m posting on my lunch break from cutting down some trees today.  I’m wearing the appropriate PPE.   And now on a break from the roof tear off of the bunk house I’m refurbishing.  Not making light of the COVID-19 situation, just pointing about every day life type things that can be hazardous to our health or plenty safe if done properly.
    • Kettle
      Walz is basing his data off of the Malcolm model which was derived from by biostatistitions here in MN. He believes our peak is Early May-Early June.  I don't think fishing opener will be canceled but recommendations for less travel will probably be stated. 
    • Tom Sawyer
      https://www.kxl.com/19-things-you-should-stop-doing-at-the-grocery-store-in-the-age-of-coronavirus/
    • my4x4yj
      I understand the concern about the disease and live with a very concerned wife, one that hasn't seen her mother in over a month, one who won't leave our homestead and sends me out to get our perishable groceries once a week. I then come home and put my clothes worn into the wash and then take a shower. I am fortunate that I live more than four miles from town and have the acreage that can wander on and be outside but to maintain my mental health I also need that joy of fishing so will carefully chose where and when I do so. I have enough equipment to fish for a very long time without having to go to a store for anything but fuel. I hope there is no delay in the opener, it can be done with very little contact of others if one plans ahead and pays attention. I also know that I am fortunate in this because I have achieved over my 60 years, a paid for home, no debts and a diligent saving habit. We all have no choice but to weather the storm, how we come out of it in the end is going to be the big unanswerable question. Forced further shut downs in my opinion will only create a heightened level of civil unrest an more resistance. The resorts may be open but when restaurants, cafes and their own dining facilities shut down, how can they host anyone, Not all of them have self contained cabins and rooms.  
    • smurfy
      🤣😜😇

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.