• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Jdhunts

Marcum

Question

Jdhunts

How do I handle water in my Marcum recon 5 camera???

• I Like it 1

4 answers to this question

Rick

Welcome to FM @Jdhunts.

Hopefully someone will help you out shortly.

Chill62

If it is new I would contact Marcum directly and hear what they recommend.  They will probably have you Register your equipment online first (10 minutes) then file a claim.  I had a transducer quit working and I did work to know it was the ducer only and I wrote in my claim what it was doing.  The next morning I had an email saying they were reviewing my claim, instantly I started getting emails and they were issuing replacement parts and were sending tracking information within an hour of reading my claim.  I received the ducer the next day.  They are actually amazing to work with but take the time before hand and register your products and file a "Claim" and if it doesn't turn into a claim they will trouble shoot with you to make sure.  It may require sending the unit to them but they target 48 hour turn around.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Borch

If it's outside the warranty period they have a set repair rate that includes parts and labor.   I sent my lx5 in last spring and for less than the cost of a new transducer,  I got a new transducer,  motor and a few other parts replaced.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

ozzie

I bought a camera from them years ago and had a small issue and stopped at their place in Bloomington (if memory serves me correctly) and an hour later I walked out with all new refurbished parts for my camera!  If you are close by to the headquarters you may want to swing by and see if they can repair ASAP.  great customer service!!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Been doing a bunch of reading again lately and thought a topic on  Good outdoor reads  would be appropriate with the situation at hand.  Looking for some advise members favorite outdoor books they would suggest for a good read.  Ill get it rolling three of the ones I liked were
      MILLE LACS Thirty years on the Big Lake by Joe Fellegy
      Poachers Caught by chapman
      First Light on the Water by Al Ron Linder
    • Mark Jurgensen
      By Mark Jurgensen
      Need to get out for a while.  Any fishing being done on Cedar Lake in New Prague.
    • fish_time
      By fish_time
      Have hope. I feel as fisher people we have hope. If we were not hopeful, we would not spend time fishing. Please check out our latest adventure and stay HOPEFUL. 
      https://youtu.be/MbIDtDvSnoQ
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      gonna put this out there cuz it really is good. Lol. Cottage cheese. Ketchup. A little mayo. I have always hated cottage cheese straight but have been eating this since I was a kid. With wavy or regular potato chips. And I still love it!! Lol. I might have to try it sometime with a little bbq sauce. 🤪 

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      should be some new arrivals before long. Post pics 😁
    • PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      Hello fishingminnesota! Newbie here with an abundance of freetime thanks to the virus.
      For way too long I was too busy to get out. I have lost time to make up! It's early in the spring season but I'm dying to get out there and find some good fishing spots. I frequent trails around Eagle lake, Medicine lake, the parkway lakes (Harriet, Lake of the Isles, Bde Maka Ska, etc), and sometimes the coon rapids dam. I hope this is the year I finally hook my first catfish (that isn't a bullhead). Also looking into raising my own worms...
      I'm ambitious 😅
    • Rick
      By Rick
      During these changing times due to the pandemic and economic issues...
      Can you help others here by letting us know....

What are you grateful for?

It would be great if we could see what you are appreciative of everyday. Kind of a community journal. 

For inspiration and a time to reflect on the wonderful things that surround us during changing times.
    • Dan85
      By Dan85
      Well, with the extra time we have on our hands, I decided to do a little spring cleaning. I have 3 Antler mounts I don't plan to use anymore, I switched to the boil method. I will sell these for $20 or b/o each. $50 takes all 3. 

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Haven’t smoked any for a while. 

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Found a tackle box up on Lake Osakis this morning. It wasn't in any of the community spots or I wouldn't of found it with amount of guys up there. LOL!  Wow you would think the Caughren point area was the only place to catch and sight fish.They should of been there a week and a half ago when we found them fresh 😲   Glad I have better spots where social or should I say solo distancing was happening 😉 If anyone lost one out there off the beaten path I found it feel free to PM me with the contents and Ill get it back to you somehow. If nobody claims it I'll donate it to a kid (and No not you Smurfey 😂) to get him a good start into ice fishing some good stuff in there!  
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bigfatbert
      With mn behind on the bug and with our peak prediction being quite a ways away it is not unreal to believe that the opener will be impacted in one way or another . In fact gov waltz today canceled the gov annual opener event because of the virus , hard to believe he would allow the annual mass of traveling , gathering to happen . Lots of wishful thinking by many to dream of it not changed ,but reality will probably prevail and things will need to be changed .  I surely don’t like it , but time will tell , I guess cross your fingers while you still can as things will be worse here , very worse , watch and see !! 
    • Wanderer
      I’m thankful for the posts on here also.  Some reflection time never hurts.  Thanks to you all for sharing!   I’m also thankful that I can still work even though it’s a HAVE to situation.  And in the big picture I’m thankful I can be a part of helping keep my community be as safe as possible.  That’s probably the biggest stress reliever of all.
    • IceHawk
      Been doing a bunch of reading again lately and thought a topic on  Good outdoor reads  would be appropriate with the situation at hand.  Looking for some advise members favorite outdoor books they would suggest for a good read.  Ill get it rolling three of the ones I liked were MILLE LACS Thirty years on the Big Lake by Joe Fellegy Poachers Caught by chapman First Light on the Water by Al Ron Linder
    • IceHawk
      Saw 2 big Toms strutting with a group of 15 hens today. Still grouped up they should be starting to split here more and more in the days to come. Couple rain days and some sun will get some greenery going and fire them up ! Strut Zones will start to appear soon I hope 
    • IceHawk
      Cant even imagine the stories that old cabin could tell. I always love finding things like these. Found some neat old abandoned stuff up in Ely In BWCA years ago.  One of things that has always intrigued me are old broken down deer stands.  Always makes me wonder how many deer were shot or missed or who sat there years ago. One can only imagine some of the deer camp stories that were told from them! 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Unless travel becomes actually restricted, I will be heading up to Vermilion for opener as usual. Like Smurfy, I can and often do go up and back without touching a thing. I can tow up there on one tank of gas, unloaded without touching the dock, fish, be at cabin, and return all with zero interaction. I will have to stop for gas on the drive home but that's not a real issue.   I usually do try to frequent businesses up there to spread my dollars around and infuse "new" money into the local economy, but this will not be one of those times. I am looking forward to opener one way or the other.
    • PRO-V
      My wife and I practiced social distancing today and took a long drive through the northwoods. Spotted this old log cabin back in the brush.
    • tacklejunkie
      How long do you think it will be before they put the dock in at Rice Landing?   I’ll be heading up towards McQuade either tomorrow morning or Friday morning
    • eyeguy 54
      Nice to see a sap sucker today 
    • Jim Almquist
      Rice's is ice free but still some ice chunks out there in the bay so slow travel and keep your eyes peeled. Hate to put a hole in the boat this early in the season.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.