• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Paul Waldowski

Fishing Opener - Tired of sitting in traffic trying to escape the Cities? Looking for a shorter drive and less congestion?  We have you covered...  Enjoy your opener with us and have a hassle free weekend.

When you book 2 nights lodging in any cabin you will receive:

Free launch access, boat dockage and dock electric

Access to indoor pool and hot tub

Friday

6pm Welcome BBQ on Friday night- Brats, Hotdogs, Chips, Captain Ken’s Baked Beans, Pasta salad & Lemonade

7:00 pm Fishing Lake Koronis Seminar by Capt. Josh Hagemeister of Minnesota Guide Service

8:30pm Fishing LIES….I mean stories and smores around the campfire

Saturday

6am- 8am Continental breakfast in main lobby – Fruit-bread-pastries -cereal – Milk, juices-coffee

3pm – 5pm Mom’s Break Time– Bugbee hive staff will have activities and movie time with the children.

Sunday

7am – 9am Mother’s day breakfast – Omelet station, Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, Sausage links, Bacon, fruit, assorted bread, pastries, Milk, Juice and coffee

Fishing Opener 2020.png

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Bonez
      By Bonez
      I tried to search and found a few old posts regarding Superior National Forest (quoted at the end of my post). I usually go grouse hunting in the Superior National Forest every fall, but I've never been up there fishing. I'm planning to head up there in ~1 month with a couple of my friends and their families and we will be bringing canoes. We're hoping to catch some walleye ideally. When I've been up in the fall hunting we usually try to camp by one the many lakes (Wilson, Whitefish, Silver Island, Bone...). The posts at the end are over a decade old already. I'm sure that some of it hasn't changed, but I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for fishing in the SNF? I perused DNR LakeFinder for the lakes in the area we usually go to that have walleyes: Timber, Finger, Sister, Dam Five, Elbow, Frear, Ninemile, T Lake, Windy, Harriet, Wilson, Toohey, Four Mile, Whitefish, Silver Island. Anyone have any general or specific tips for this area? We'd be in canoes, so don't need a lake that has a launch, and maybe that adds benefit getting to a lake that potentially has less pressure.

------------------------------------------------------------

"There are a number of areas you could get to easily with just about any vehicle. Lake Eighteen, Wilson, Silver Island, August... There are a couple that come to mind down some tougher roads, Seven Beavers and Harris. If you wanted to have a wilderness type experience without the permits and regs you could boat across Ojibway and take the roller portage into Triangle if you have a smaller boat. Birch Lake has a lot of the rustic campsites."

"Dumbbell is another option (I forgot to mention) and if you're interested in going after muskies would be a good option. Pretty cool campsite on a point."

"Wilson has some really nice walleyes, but because it's so clear, the best bite is after dark. Windy has a lot of eaters, plus plenty of northerns and the occasional whitefish. There are several sites scattered around the perimeter. An updated MacKenzie map should show the locations of most campsites on any lake you're looking to fish."

"Elbow, Timber, Frear - I would hit them for sure, close together and good walleye lakes. For bait I would use jig and minnows if your bringing minnows, and leeches on a snell, crawlers on the harness. I know lindy rigs and leeches work also, so bring them. Bone Lake - Great splake lake. Lots of good size fish. I love to fish splake, and I would bring in just these spoons. Kamloopers, in rainbow trout and perch colors, and Kastmasters in silver blue, and perch. These are what I only use for splake. They are the best period. Bring a few as there are good sized fish in there. Put them on a swivel and troll the shorelines and points for them, deadly approach. As for Cross River and Coffee Lake your typical walleye rigs will work as I mentioned above. I would bring some pike lures and try for some pike as well. Cross River has good size pike in there. I would also check with some bait shops or local people who have fished these lakes this year, just in case of a freeze out. We had alot of ice up this way. Lotta beaver ponds I trap froze to the bottom, and Cross Lake is shallow, and so is Coffee, but with the creeks and rivers running into them you should be OK. But I would check with the Beaver House or Bucks Hardware. Hate to hike in and the lake froze out."

• Vlewis128
      By Vlewis128
      Hi all. I am currently at Rush Lake near Perham at Four Seaons Resort. We’ve been here three days and have caught basically nothing. Can anyone give me some advice on walleyes here? Where to go and good baits for this lake? I’ll take any advice on any type of fish you might experience with on this lake. Never been here before.....
    • Bart V
      By Bart V
      I'm fishing May 28 - 31, 2020. Are we using leaches or crawlers on walleye's?
    • whateverisbiting
      By whateverisbiting
      I get up very early for work so I have not done a lot of night fishing.  Thinking I might try to get out for eyes this year.  Looking for tips on trolling shallow water like 5-10' inside weed line (that's where most boats seem to be at night).

1) Is a gas motor ok or does it need to be electric?

2) Live bait or plugs?

3) Long lining or short lining matter?

4) go to plugs to try (color, type and size)

• rockeze70
      By rockeze70
      I’m not even sure if I’m in the right page I just signed up but my question is I just purchased a boat from a private seller went to his home the boat fired up I purchased the boat, the day before I brought it out which was about a week and a half later it fired up brought it to the lake the next day it fired up boated around for about 25 minutes found a spot to fish It was off for about an hour or so went to start it back up and it would not fire back up had to be towed off the lake so the moral of the story is there anyway I can go back and get my money legally without no trouble or what is my next step if the seller does not want to give the money back?
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Decided to go check out one of my shore spots for early spring pan fish. Man was it good timing. Fish were stack in the shallows. Quick limit of crappies and home for dinner. Now on to Bass opener Saturday. Good luck everyone! 

• Cessna195
      By Cessna195
      What baits and lures should I use for crappie in lake Minnetonka 
    • jleitheiser23
      By jleitheiser23
      Looking to fish the red for the first time, never fished a river before. Just looking for some advice for finding some walleye/sauger around the FM area, looking to stay within 10-15 minutes of town. I have some gum drop jigs and plastics i plan on using. Just maybe looking for some advice on where to even begin the hunt, or even what to look for? I appreciate any help. Thank you!
    • F/M member
      By F/M member
      Looking for spots near the F/M area on the Red to catch catfish. 
      What tributaries are known for catfish or other species?
      Where does a person go to look for catfish on the Red River?
      Do dams work well? 

• F/M member
      By F/M member
      What is going on for catfishing and/or walleye fishing on the Red River this Spring in/or near F/M area?
      The date is 4/22/2020. 
      -
      -
      Any spots that seem to be working for catching fish?
      Any fishing setups work well right now for walleye/catfish on the Red?
      -
      -
      Personally, I am a new member and I am looking to go guiding with someone for either walleye or catfish at this time of year. 
      My email address is [email protected] Cell phone number is 3202981047. 
      I have fished the Red River in the past but not with much luck. I don't know where to go specifically for spots. Looking for friends/buddies to show me. 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CLPDB
      I was out of the NE side again and was surprised with the amount of boats out fishing this last weekend.  I agree, the fish are biting and look a little skinny and could be post spawn.  This weekend was the first time that we caught fish out of that 17-20 inch range.  We caught a bunch of 12-14 inch which is good to see.  
    • gunner55
      🤔  Not too many spots with that many rushes here so I've got a good idea where that is.  
    • mulefarm
      Any more details ? 
    • imhatz
      One day to go and heading to Crane and Sand Point lake. I heard black flies are real bad...any updates on that. We are targeting Pike this year
    • Mr. 5 pounder
      I've been going up to the areas mentioned for 20 plus years now and ended up buying a cabin in the Bovey area. Looking to hear and share some fishing reports about the surrounding lakes. Never keep much besides some pesty northerns and panfish (which are plentiful) for the occasional lunch. So, I highly respect the area, but if you know the area at all, you will never be able to fish all its lakes in a lifetime... so some well informed fishing reports is always welcome. Again, I emphasize "smaller lakes," because the bigger ones (Jessie, Round, Wabana, etc) all have fishing reports available. Post if you're interested and lets get a good conversation going. 
    • ANYFISH2
      I would agree with the above answers, that the line of rivets are creating dirty water for you.  I would move to the left as well.  Also, I would guess you may need to lower the transducer some as well.  Get the transducer as low as you can without it making a large roostertail at speed.  If you have a good square or quality straight edge at home, place vertically along bottom of the hull, extending out from the stern.  The top of the straight edge should cover at least the bottom 2/3s of the transducer on the inside (motor side), maybe more if the pitch of the hull is greater.  Transducer should also have a slight downwards angle from transom. 2 more things, make sure the transducer is level(left to right) with a small level. Compare the level of the boat to the level of the transducer.  Boats don't always sit level on a trailer obviously. One thing to remember with side imaging is you beam going out towards the motor is often interfered with the outboard itself.  As you trim up the motor, that side will become clearer.
    • PRO-V
      That's great. I feel the same about mine.😁
    • Borch
      Well I don't have any inside info on a hot bite but have heard it's still a jig and minnow bite on the edge of flats in 7-12 of water.  If the wind is pounding into a flat I would recommend heading shallow and trolling cranks.  This would be a good option to at least find a spot to slow down and jig the edge once you've cover water and find fish.  I've done well on these flats all summer long if the wind is blowing into them.    Good luck!
    • Squirrelhawke
      this is what mine looks like
    • Borch
      I forgot about the speed issues with these transducers.   I also have a high speed dual frequency transducer mounted.  I run it as my primary and do a split screen when I want to see the side imaging.  Generally the side imaging works best under 6 mph with 2-3 mph being optimal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.