• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

JstanK

St. Croix Premier Musky

8' Medium Heavy Fast Action rod

Used only few times and like new.

Cabela's Fish Eagle RD2000 reel

$160  South Metro

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Rick
      By Rick
      During these changing times due to the pandemic and economic issues...
      Can you help others here by letting us know....

What are you grateful for?

It would be great if we could see what you are appreciative of everyday. Kind of a community journal. 

For inspiration and a time to reflect on the wonderful things that surround us during changing times.
    • Dan85
      By Dan85
      Well, with the extra time we have on our hands, I decided to do a little spring cleaning. I have 3 Antler mounts I don't plan to use anymore, I switched to the boil method. I will sell these for $20 or b/o each. $50 takes all 3. 

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Haven’t smoked any for a while. 

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Found a tackle box up on Lake Osakis this morning. It wasn't in any of the community spots or I wouldn't of found it with amount of guys up there. LOL!  Wow you would think the Caughren point area was the only place to catch and sight fish.They should of been there a week and a half ago when we found them fresh 😲   Glad I have better spots where social or should I say solo distancing was happening 😉 If anyone lost one out there off the beaten path I found it feel free to PM me with the contents and Ill get it back to you somehow. If nobody claims it I'll donate it to a kid (and No not you Smurfey 😂) to get him a good start into ice fishing some good stuff in there!  
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Good read:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-coronavirus-begin-us-matters/ 
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Is on the way. Ordered a Perception Sound 10.5. Looking forward to chasing some big fishies in May or June.  Second pic is for @Rick G   😉

• rayguy
      By rayguy
      Here is something we may not of touched yet .   What with the access being shut down on the Rainy river how do we know the opener won't be either shutdown or pushed back? Any rumors or first hand knowledge out there?    Another question what with the current shelter in place regs how will this effect all Minnesota's resorts and campgrounds?  Food for thought my friends.
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Just a heads up to all out walking especially people with dogs. The ticks are out. I've been out shed hunting a lot and scouting for turkeys in the woods lately with my beloved dogs. Pulled off some deer ticks last few outings off both my labs. Time to introduce some preventive tick procedures now if venturing out. For my labs I use Frontline but some other options are Bravecto, Seresto, and at the least a flea tick color. For myself I use a product I swear by I always spray down with Permethrin before venturing out in the woods swamps or fields. I have had great results with this product. Hasn't let me down once!  Lyme disease is nothing to take light of as many people and dogs get infected every year. 
    • Surface Tension
      By Surface Tension
      Ely lake Swap Meet will be April 25 at Fayal hall. 
      Don't know if tables are still available but Tim should be dropping into answer questions.
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Well as we are facing some crazy times and going into some uncertain times ahead. Stress and anxiety will be at a all time hi. Tension amongst family and friends might be tested to a all time peak. Just wanted everyone to try as best as possible to stay positive optimistic through the whole scenario We will all get through this, maybe in the end it will open all are eyes up to certain ways we live act treat each other . Lets all keep our heads up Positivity is key to better health and a better life. Lets try to help out wherever we can to help our community's and friends neighbors and loved ones. Lets Try not to show the fear we all feel and  face in these unsettled times.  The younger ones especially are kids are looking up to us.  Lets all act like positive role models and do our parts to try and get things back on track for everyones sake.   Many will be seeing some free time ahead with job layoffs business closings etc.  Lets turn those bad situations into good positive ones. Volunteer help a elderly person  neighbor donate to food shelves, etc. 

Lastly we are all family here even though some of us have our differences at times 😉 LOL   FM has always been a safe place our second home where we all feel comfortable a safe place sort to speak. We all come log in  and will especially in these  hard times ahead. Lets get some good topics flowing to ease all our minds. I want to add if anyone ever needs anything I mean anything shoot me a PM Ill do whatever I can to help any way possible. If you need to talk release some stress get some things off your chest or just feel some normalcy in your life  in these strange times holler. PM me and Ill get my number out there to you. We are all in this together no matter our views and opinion. STAY SAFE STAND STRONG MY FRIENDS AND BE HAPPY 😀😀😀
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ANYFISH2
      I am grateful to have my faith in God, without my faith life's trials would be much more difficult to navigate.   I am grateful for my family, they are source of a great deal of strength.  There is nothing like raising 2 my favorite people on earth everyday.  I screw up alot, they have always given me a reason to keep going forward.  My wife is the most amazing woman in my life.  He has to be great to deal with me everyday. Grateful for my father and my sister, we have always had a close family, but going through my mother's battle and ultimate death from cancer this last year, I know it would have been next to impossible to deal with without them.  I can't wait for this virus to leave so I can give both if them a huge hug again.   I am grateful for the gifts of my life's journey, the great moments and the bad, everyday is great day, we get so few.
    • Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from myouting lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • Chill62
      Well I got out the last three days and I need a vacation from my outing lol. Friday we fished am for tulibee and ended up with 19 before switching in the afternoon for crappies. Found a deep hole and the slabs were STACKED UP!!! Hole was 30-36 feet and fish were 18-bottom. Had to drill a ton of holes and stay mobile. Literally you'd have fish in one hole and 5 feet away nothing. Average size was 12 inches with a few 14s.  Saturday tried for tulibee again and I think we got 10 for 7 of us. Switched to the same crappie hole and first 5 fish up the hole were tulibee lol. After a while we found crappies but just couldn't find them. Switched to 4 or 5 other spots then we finally found them. Thought were perch because bottom 5 feet were solid fish. Crappies were averaging 11 inch. Had to stay mobile and drill a lot of holes. kept enough for a supper.  Sunday morning my buddy and I went after big tulibee and got a late start (9 am start). We started by targeting spots people hadn't been lately. Instantly we had 3 on the ice. It was weird they were coming out of the mud. After hour half we quit graphing them so took off for new spots. We ended up with 4 fish biggest two were 4 lbs 4 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz. After that we took off for crappies again. We parked the ranger and guess fish wanted to hide under it. Literally had 10 holes drilled with 10 feet of the ranger and we just kept circling the ranger. We did film a YouTube vide and hopefully the wind wasn't too strong for the audio.    Sadly I doubt I will make it back out again. 
    • PRO-V
      Mine is my wife and our 5 kids (youngest is 29). All are independent and have given us 7 grandkids who are a hoot. Not to mention all of my great friends. I'm only 60 but I've gotten in a massive amount of fishing and hunting since I was 5. Feel sorry for the guys who did nothing but work most of their life thinking they would have their fun at retirement. Doesn't usually work out. I tried to balance work, family and adventure. If I died now I lived a full life but wanna see the kids/grandkids grow up. Their old enough now to have fun with and my days of having to dig a new outhouse hole are over. My son is a huge help now.
    • PRO-V
      Highlight of my life was seeing AC/DC on their last tour at Excel Center. Rock on!! 
    • Borch
      For me it's family, friends and faith.  My health has been good and I'm currently working through some things health wise.  But I'm positive and have found more support and care than I could have imagined.  For that, I truly felt blessed.   I'm lucky to have a wife who loves me even with my short comings.  Again, I'm a very lucky man.  I have 6 granddaughters who love to hug and talk to papa.  Makes me smile even now as I type this.  My 3 adult children are doing well and actually call the old man for advise and like to hang out with me which I really enjoy.  My folks are on their way home from south TX.  We got to visit and fish with them there this winter.  I feel fortunate to be able to do things with them yet.  Finally getting out to fish and hunt with all of these freinds and family are what really make me feel like one fortunate guy.
    • eyeguy 54
      Thankful for grandkids. Interesting and fun stage of life. 😁
    • Borch
      I generally fish close to home and after dark opening weekend.  Just too crazy during the day and it's so quiet at night.  Not to mention it can me very good fishing to boot.
    • Bigfatbert
      Ok TW and thanks for the reply . . I tried earlier to send you a pm about that book but it was a no go , not sure why but when I tried to send it to you it wouldn’t go through ,  very well could have been my lack of knowledge on doing such  and who knows what I did with those buttons , because I seem to be good at pushing  other buttons on this site , haaaa  ,so I’ve been told , but F that .. It did bum me out though that it didn’t go through because it was quite lengthy and chock full of fun music trivia on my days with music and I had intentions on getting you my personal pics at a later time with many , many different music n geee tarrr pickers , above (j fogerty) (my opinion ) or at , or near the level of the All American Boy  . As to him and your pick of him I do understand as he is a guitar god . Maybe you could PM me with a play by play dummy set of instructions on how actually get u a Pm from me....  smiles , and thanks TW.               
    • IceHawk
      I realize everyone will be antsy by opener and understandable. But agree why travel to a different area to fish and risk being infected or infecting someone else. Don't blame certain locations not wanting people coming up by them. Lets all look at this as a perfect time to learn and fish some of the waters in our backyards. We all have good waters close to us why not take advantage of them. You might srike paydirt and will start fishing closer to your house more often I know I have!  I've never been a big fan of traveling to all the big waters on opener especially N. Water temps have always dictated where I open. 9 out 10 times I open in my back yard on chain or a surrounding small  lake or around the Atwater area. Lets all be considerate and see where this all goes before making our plans. Safety and Health first pleasure second should be our thought process right now. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.