• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

JstanK

Ice Fishing Contest

JstanK

There's a contest on Feb 15th noon to 3pm out of Garrison. The prizes look nice and entry fee isn't too spendy. I do have some questions and hopefully someone has answers.

Anyone around here ever fished it?

What's the attendance like?

Where are the boundaries?

What depth would a participant likely be fishing?

fish_hunt_guy

I fish it every year. Attendance is 5-7 thousand I would say roughly? It’s about 1/2 the size of the Brainerd tournament which is still a lot of people. Probably 2nd largest in the world? Boundaries vary a little year to year but are always a mile or so out into the south side of garrison bay. Depth usually ranges from as shallow as 15 feet to as deep as 27 feet give or take. 

• Thanks 1

JstanK

Thank You.

Have you ever placed?

fish_hunt_guy

No

Harmie343

Did you fish it? I fished it with a group. Buddy had his bobber go down 30 seconds in but missed the fish. Several small walleyes, couple perch, and a few tulibees caught around us but no fish for our group. Marked a few small fish here and there. Didnt get there in time to get to the outer edge, which is where all the fish by us were caught. Not to say you can’t catch them in the middle of the pack, but they have to get by that many more lines first.

• I Like it 1

fish_hunt_guy

Ya I fished the edge as I do every year and have yet to catch a fish ha. Marked 2 good fish 1 had no interest in my jig and the one raced up to it then just drifted off without eating.  

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Who are some of your Favorite Fishing Hunting celebrity's you watch or Subscribe to on YouTube? For fishing hands down I love watching Tom Boley the man is real detailed and informative especially with his electronics and techniques. For hunting I really enjoy The Hunting Public. Just your basic average guys busting tail and getting it done in numerous states all on public land. 
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Lets get off the Virus stuff and try and get some Topics rolling again besides that!  Have some fun again 😀What are some of the things that are long gone now that you remember or remember doing . This might show some of our ages especially some of the old timers 😂. I remember hanging out at the 10 HI drive INN. Regular TV no cable.  Landline phones with party lines. Sitting in the back seat of my parents car not a one of us had seat belts on not sure there were any even 😉 Walking to school. Pit keg party's where piles of people hung out and cops didn't bother you all the time and everyone intermingled no matter your age. Boom boxes. Being able to fish off bridges without getting hassled. Kick the bucket. Going to the Paramount for a movie. Most bridges were metal. 
    • Grainbelt
      By Grainbelt
      @IceHawk That is it, nice quick work. Did you have that in your holster?
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      I was wondering If any of you guys have some tips and tricks if you catch your own minnows I have done it in the past I will have to be doing it more as we probally wont be able to go get bait I useally use just a minnow net and go to some small creeks by my house and can get about 3-4 dozen shiners and fatheads in 20 min but I was wondering if anyone has experince trapping them.
    • Tom Sawyer
      By Tom Sawyer
      Very excited about burning up the water this year. Fishing fast is an understatement .....

https://www.wired2fish.com/tackle-reviews/abu-garcia-revo-rocket-10-11-casting-reel-review/#slide_1
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Think I accidently posted this in the wrong local. Or we don't have many people on here that enjoy a good book. Hopefully I'm wrong 😉 Maybe its just us old guys or I'm a minority that enjoy sitting back and letting ourselves get engulfed in some good reads. And I'm talking about turning pages not the kindle or online kind of reading  a good old fashioned book that I can take to the Turkey Blind Deer stand etc.  Lets hear some books that inspired you so others can enjoy them as well. 
      Mill Lacs thirty years on the big water by Joe Fellegy
      First Light on the water By AL & Ron Linder 
      Poachers Caught By Tom Chapman 
    • dutchboy II
      By dutchboy II
      Can anyone tell me why spearing of Pike is so rampant on Kab.? For a chain of Lakes that needs positive reports I don't understand the need to spear Pike in the winter. Seems to me trophy Pike fishing in the open water would bring far more tourism dollars than spearing in the winter.
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Been seeing a few between us and Coborns that is about 4 blocks away for a few years now.  Rare that they come to the yard but have seen one twice now here this week.  Today I got a couple pics before a gray ran it off. Had one in the mulberry tree for about a week 3 years ago. No pellet for these.  

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Been doing a bunch of reading again lately and thought a topic on  Good outdoor reads  would be appropriate with the situation at hand.  Looking for some advise members favorite outdoor books they would suggest for a good read.  Ill get it rolling three of the ones I liked were
      MILLE LACS Thirty years on the Big Lake by Joe Fellegy
      Poachers Caught by chapman
      First Light on the Water by Al Ron Linder
    • Mark Jurgensen
      By Mark Jurgensen
      Need to get out for a while.  Any fishing being done on Cedar Lake in New Prague.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ANYFISH2
      The Hunting Public is the only YouTube channel I have hit subscribe to.  Great channel. As far as fishing channels I check out quite a few, but most get kind of redundant.  I have been watching more of the how to and product testing channels lately.
    • PeachyHans
      It has been perfect weather to get out there and enjoy the water. 😀
    • smurfy
      Sure was. And those 2 treated about everyone there that way!!😂   Oh yea them outdoor movie theaters, UFFDA. Kimball ballroom as well as me Jim's in Foley where good for a change of scenery. Seen head east there. That was awesome.
    • Kettle
      Although I suspect I'm younger than a few of you. I used to remember as a kid going to the cabin with my dad and his buddy, I sat in the middle of a normal cab pickup, they both smoked, windows cracked about an 1/8 of an inch if I was lucky. Friday night we had hot dogs and canned vegetables, we'd catch walleye and 14-15 inch crappies off the dock and they were filleted without a second thought. Saturday nights was round steak and more canned veggies and Sunday we would head home with a cooler of fish. Not that I condone it in the least but there was always a six pack playmate cooler between my feet with high life and I would normally stuff a caprisun in there.
    • mrpike1973
      Angling Buzz or lindners they are on there own website as well as You Tube. I enjoy them they are straight forward and a variety of species. Otherwise I do not watch much on you tube I would rather fish myself then watch someone else fish😃!. You are correct though you can learn a lot of techniques quick on line.
    • IceHawk
      Smurf I hung out in there so much Ma Pa Shulte treated me like one of there own sons 😀 That was a fun one! always a good mixed crowd. 
    • smurfy
      Well for all intensive purposes, the first post was related to resorts, opening if fishing in relation to the current situation. Just saying.
    • smurfy
      Yea no kidding  both you forgot the river roost and there bands. The pedistrians where awesome.   That is unless you 2 where to wet behind the ears yet!!;😂🤔
    • IceHawk
      Yes a big Thanks to all the insight everyone added to this subject I learned a bunch myself As a Moderator it did get a little tricky at times but discussions like this and fear uncertainty and  anxiety will bring that out with anyone at times . The thread can keep going on if some want to participate.  Its not locked I just felt it was time for myself  to take a break from it.  I guess if I'm allowed to fish somewhere all be allowed to fish somewhere. If not  Ill accept it and Ill fish another day just another stepping stone in life. 
    • Wanderer
      I can be done too.  Just trying to calm some nerves if possible.  Not looking to argue anything, but share some of what I’ve learned with my FM family.     I’ve learned more from participating in this thread, so thanks to y’all for adding what you have. 😎  Nobody knows everything about this deal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.