• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bag for Helix 9 ice

tackleguy

Just seeing what folks are putting a Helix 9 in for ice fishing. I have it on the helix case but can't figure out a bag or case to put it in.

From my experience the cases any of the finders are rigged with for ice fishing is all people use.  Do you expect rough handling like on snowmobile trips?

• Thanks 1

Take a look at the Clam Graph bag.  I have an LX7 (8.5" display) on a shuttle with a glow cup on the side of the shuttle and it fits in the bag actually really nicely.  Side pouches on it (2) that fit my V40 batteries and clasps to keep them in it.  Then on the back is a mesh so I can throw a few plastics that I always use and my jig box in the back of.  It has a strap for a shoulder and also a handle for hauling it back and forth.  Best part and I suggest it to everyone is that there is a spot up top for a business card...make one or put yours in it in case it is ever left some place, hopefully they will call you back.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

This is entirely the reason I don’t use my helix from my boat for ice fishing. Spent a good part of earnings on it and don’t want to ruin my helix. I snowmobile a lot and although I don’t break a lot of things, here and there stuff gets beat up. I’ll stick with the trusty old vex for this reason. 

• Yayyyy 1