• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Bucketcastle

Does anyone know of a source for a printed lake map for clearwater lake in the bwca?  I cant find anything online.  Already got my permit for June, starting to gameplan my fishing trip.

Xplorer

You can pull up the lake on the navionics online webapp too.

https://webapp.navionics.com/ 

It only has depths in 10' increments, but you can print off sections of the lake for yourself and laminate if needed.

Or just buy the navionics app for your phone and have it that way.

Edited by Xplorer
  • Thanks 1

JBMasterAngler

Get a white plastic map of the lake. The beaver house, or any of the gas stations in town will have it.

• Thanks 1

Bucketcastle

Thank you for the links guys.  I was able to pick up a map book at fleetfarm for $20 today that covers the arrowhead region.

I have never fished for lake trout before.  We will be up second week of june.  Would an inflated crawler a few feet off the bottom work well?  

JBMasterAngler

Not really. I rarely use bait when targeting lake trout. But if you insist, shiner or sucker minnows are best. 

That time of year you can catch them fairly shallow. You can cast and countdown spoons or rattle traps. 1/2 to 1 oz jigs tipped with twister tail or tubes will work. Jigging raps are also good.

• Thanks 1

Xplorer

Gonna depend on water temps as to how shallow you may find them.

White tubes and/or white bucktails.  You can tip them with a minnow if you feel like.  Another method is to take a cisco and throw it off shore (some folks will use the canoe to take it out and drop it offshore) and let it soak. Lakers are constantly cruising the water column.  Might want to use a circle hook if your looking at catch and releasing.

You can also troll deeper diving crankbaits pulled around behind a canoe.  Or you can pull 3-way rigs with spoons.

Lake trout will come up in the water column a long way to hit a bait, so you dont always have to be near bottom.

Good luck and enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

Bucketcastle

@JBMasterAngler & @Xplorer, thank you guys for the tips.  I was just about to mention bucktail as an option.  Water is supposed to be very clear there so I'll try to go the white color route you guys mentioned.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• yoppdk
      By yoppdk
      I have TWO new Adirondack Chair and Table sets available for immediate sale. Both sets include two chairs and a ceramic-top table. One set also includes a pair of matching footrests.
      These sets are constructed of weather-resistant Canadian cedar which will last many years. The chair frames and armrests use 2 x 6 and 2 x 8 lumber making them the sturdiest Adirondack chairs available. They are also coated with a minimum of two coats of premium deck/furniture stain and assembled using only rust-proof coated deck screws.

The chairs are designed to accommodate most individuals from petite to XXXL and have a contoured seat and back so you can comfortably sit in these for hours. All edges and sitting surfaces are rounded and sanded smooth for added comfort.
      These are available for immediate pick-up in the Grand Rapids area ... or I can deliver within a 15 mile radius at no charge. Delivery beyond 15 miles of Grand Rapids is also available for a nominal charge.

Full Set - $800:
      - 2 Adirondack Chairs
      - 2 Matching Footrests
      - 1 Matching Ceramic-topped Side Table

Chair/Table Set - $600
      - 2 Adirondack Chairs
      - 1 Matching Ceramic-topped Side Table

These are available as sets only. However I can build separate pieces to your order.

Please PM me for questions or with orders. First come, first served. New orders typically take 3 or 4 weeks.

• burgoyne
      By burgoyne
      Hey all, I’m new to the state (moved here from Ontario) and am in the Eagan area. I was sad to find that my boat is a little large for most lakes within a short drive (20-30 minutes), so I bought a kayak. The boat will get saved for trips up north. 

Anyways, I was hoping to get some info on lakes/ rivers to try around Eagan. I don’t need specific spots, just lakes that hold fish. Was hoping for walleye/ crappie/ pike. 

Any tips would be appreciated! 
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Just wondering which one seems the best so far the Shadow rap seems more versatile The husky jerks to me seem a little hard to get to track straight. Thoughts? 
    • 97procraft
      By 97procraft
      My family and I are making a trip up next week to Vermilion.  This will be the 6th time to the lake.  I was thinking about staying a little longer, but the place we have rented only rents per the week.  Is there a place on the lake that rents nightly?  
    • SteinBizer
      By SteinBizer
      Who’s ready for pre spawn? Water temps on the river should be getting close right? I lived on the Minnesota River most my life now I’m stuck in central and I’m not a lake fishing guy. Anyone off the Minnesota, Mississippi, or St. Croix have any updates on water temps in those rivers, feel free to reply! I’m scratchin to go cat’n ! Going out this weekend to fill the bait tank with some bullheads. 
    • Vthunder28
      By Vthunder28
      Hey all!
      I moved to Rogers, MN last summer and so I decided I should try out some smallmouth fishing from shore in the rivers around here! Problem is, I struggled to catch any last fall. Before I try again this spring, I am hoping to get some feedback on the spots I am trying. I know there are smallmouth in these fisheries, but maybe these are bad spots? 

Mississippi River:
      - Monticello: East and West Bridge Park
      - Anoka: Peninsula Point Park 
      Rum River:
      - Anoka: Dam in downtown
      Orono Lake:
      - Under the Highway 10 bridge.

These are my main lures I have tried: Chatterbaits, Crankbaits, jigs w/craw, swim-jigs, weightless senko, spinnerbaits

Anyway, any feedback on those spots or if I should try a different approach would be appreciated. Happy fishing all! Weather is starting to get nice finally!
    • Fishingthemw
      By Fishingthemw
      I’m looking to buy any unwanted St. Croix, Gloomis, Shimano and Daiwa rods. Also looking for Shimano and Daiwa reels as well.
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      Can anyone recomend shore fishing spots on the St Croix Between Marine and Taylor Falls
    • arctic_scrap1
      By arctic_scrap1
      As the title says, is it even possible to transfer a boat title right now with all the DMVs closed?
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Hello everyone so this weekend any tips on bass locations? I myself have seen that on shallow lakes they are still on the weed edges with just a few venturing out shallower. On deeper lakes finding them on the inside weed edges. With the cool weather coming up thinking wacky worming, small jigs to start with and then get to more reaction lures. Anyone else want to share some ideas or what they are seeing in there neck of the woods.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.