• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Auger Issues

Nick Henkemeyer

Question

I have a strikemaster Mag2000 and I can not get gas to flow to the carb. I’ve replaced the gas line and carb. If I don’t have it hooked up to the carb the gas flows great into a bucket or gas can, but once hooked up to carb, gas won’t move. TIA

Edited by Nick Henkemeyer

7 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
39 minutes ago, Nick Henkemeyer said:

I have a strikemaster Mag2000 and I can not get gas to flow to the carb. I’ve replaced the gas line and carb. If I don’t have it hooked up to the carb the gas flows great into a bucket or gas can, but once hooked up to carb, gas won’t move. TIA

Welcome to the forum.  Even though you said that you replaced the carb the only thing it could be is a blocked gas tube on the carb or the diagram is not opening in side the carb to let the needle valve open.  I have a Mag 2000 and have had the carb off many times for cleaning.  Good luck.  

• Thanks 1

Don't forget to also open the air screw on your gas cap, or it can cause a vacuum in your tank.  But, if you have had this auger for a while, you should already know that.  These are actually pretty simplistic little motor systems.

You could also call D-Rock (651) 639-0446.  They sell parts and service StrikeMaster.

• Thanks 1

I had trouble with my auger for a few years. Mine would start up okay but would act like it was out of fuel when I throttled up. I put a new carb kit into it at least three times with no success. Mixed carb cleaners in the gas with no success. Finally, I was talking with a mechanic friend of mine about why they never put fuel filters on ice augers and he suggested that there is probably a screen on the gas inlet. 

I pulled the carb off, shined a flashlight down the carb throat to provide backlighting, and looked into the gas inlet and sure enough, I could see the cross hatching of a screen. The carb inlet port is pressed in so I was unable to remove it. I got a fresh can of carb cleaner, stuck the straw inside the fuel inlet and sprayed the living crap out of that inlet port with the port pointing toward the floor so any gunk could run out. After using up about half the can of spray cleaner, I looked into the fuel inlet port and could definitely tell it was cleaner.

My auger has been working great ever since. 

• l Love It 1

papadarv

Mag2000 augers are a diagram not a float carb system.  Going to need this.

image.png.0f9db702466212db4ee9887e6ce26e4d.png

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

papadarv

Mag2000 augers are a diagram not a float carb system.  Going to need this.

image.png.0f9db702466212db4ee9887e6ce26e4d.png

My bad, thought it was a 4 stroke. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks everyone, I’m gonna work on it again this weekend and hopefully be fishing soon enough. 

• I Like it 1