• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bryan P

BIG BASS with the Aqua Vu

Rick

Very well done. Nice spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

DonkeyHodey

That is so cool!

(those bass had some amazing color on them!  They're almost gold.  where are you catching them?  you don't need to tell me lake, I'm just wondering about part of state; is it the lake/area or is that a usual winter coloring?)

Bryan P

@Rick Thanks Rick

• Like 1

Bryan P
On 1/30/2020 at 3:07 PM, DonkeyHodey said:

That is so cool!

(those bass had some amazing color on them!  They're almost gold.  where are you catching them?  you don't need to tell me lake, I'm just wondering about part of state; is it the lake/area or is that a usual winter coloring?)

Thanks! I'm not the best with colors, (red green colorblind) but they did have some solid coloring! This lake was in the St. Paul area. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Borch
      By Borch
      Fished hard for 3 days on Big Stone Lake and the bite was very, very tough.  The nice Marked a lot of fish and just couldn't get them to bite. Did manage some dandy perch and trophy gills,(released) but not a lot of numbers.  Saturday late afternoon we stuck 3 gills over 10".  My nephew had one that was at least 10 1/2" but released it before I could measure or get a pic.  Sunday we had 2 more at or just under 10".  Had to downsize to get bit.  Did catch a couple on set lines with fatheads.   Spoons didn't get bit often.  Tungsten jigs or flies tipped with plastics or eurolarvae got most of the action.  
      Found fish in or near basin areas near shallower rock structures.  We would drill, drill and then drill some more.  Once we found fish we would make smaller moves or wait out schools cruising through the area. Travel conditions were excellent.   Just had to watch out for the occassional drift or old plowed road.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.

• Fishing Trend bD
      By Fishing Trend bD
      Village fishing
      fish catching
      fishing videos
      fishing videos
      fishing
      unique fishing
      Catch fishing
      Daily Fishing Life
      fishing videos daily
      Top Fishing Videos
      Village fishing
      Best fishing
      best fishing videos
      fish and fishing
      big fish hunting
      fish lover
      Fish Hunting Videos
      Traditional Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Fishing trend
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Fished several NE Wright county lakes got on some really nice bass with panfish jigs the smaller the better. Had a flurry for about half hour many largemouth caught. Then did a night bite for the crappies It really pays to move around. Also learned from some on the MInnow or not to minnow thread to upsize I used a small forage minnow spoon with 3-4 spikes that really was the ticket. Thanks all for the help everyone. The fish seem to me to be just starting to move a bit shallower with the warmer weather coming this weekend it should just get better. Most of the fish were in 12-17 feet of water.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some big walleyes caught this week up at Lake of the Woods along with eaters and saugers.  Good fishing still happening 16 - 22 miles out on the ice and most reports are good.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent at around 30 inches where most are fishing.  Best colors vary but on sunny days gold has been consistent.  On cloudy days, glow pink, green, orange and chartreuse good colors.  Don't be afraid to downsize presentation if fish are not active.  Small spoon with a minnow head.  A plain hook with a small minnow can be very effective.  Electronics helping anglers catch suspended walleyes.  Pike are getting more active and anglers reporting good success.
      On the Rainy River...   The river is frozen over with snowmobile traffic on marked trail.  Some reports of local anglers catching a few walleyes in the river but most anglers hitting the lake.  Extra caution is always needed on the river, especially with higher current this year.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  Work through resort or know ice conditions if ice fishing the river as ice thickness varies.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing in full swing up at the Angle.  Resorts in 26 - 32' of water.  A mix of walleyes and saugers with some jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  The snowmobile trails from south shore to Angle in great shape.  Jigging with a bait with rattles has helped to pull in walleyes.  Fish houses on the ice through March 31st, walleyes and saugers open through April 14. 

• HoleHoppingGills
      By HoleHoppingGills
      Member only ...looking for some reports near Wright county area or even west and north of there.  Been fishing this small lake out near South Haven and been crushing 9.5 inch gills  and 12 inch crappies the last 2 months.  Went back last week after take a 2 week break and everything was suspended and tiny. Before everything was just off weeds deep and coming from botto....not sure what happened  but fish were loaded like a xmas on the flx28, maybe oxygen levels? First pic of the crappies took me and friend 1 hour and 20 holes... so much fun!!!!

• iiccee63
      By iiccee63
      💥💥💥Found a portable left on the ice 2/15/20 at about 4 30pm. Had been there over a day as it had snow drifted around it. If you can describe it, and where on the lake I would love nothing more to get it back to the owner. Thanks!!!!💥💥💥
    • Aidan
      By Aidan
      Anybody have any tips or secrets they care to share about fishing rush for large mouths in early June I am a high school bass angler ad our first tournament is there. If you have anything that could give some insight please do share.
    • Fishing Trend bD
      By Fishing Trend bD
      Net fishing in Asia is a traditional fishing method. I hope you enjoy.
      tilapia
      tilapia fishing
      tilapia fish catching
      Village fishing
      fish catching
      fishing videos
      fishing videos bd
      fishing bd
      unique fishing
      Catch fishing
      Daily Fishing Life
      fishing videos daily
      Top Fishing Videos
      bd Village fishing
      Best fishing
      best fishing videos
      fish and fishing
      big fish hunting
      fish lover
      Fish Hunting Videos
      Traditional Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Primitive Fishing BD
    • Rick
      By Rick
      Found this and would like to see your opinions....

The DNR is in the process of finalizing plans for the Quality Bluegill Initiative, revealed last summer in the hope of going public early this spring.

Implementation would happen in 2021. The goal was to greatly increase the number of lakes in the state with reduced limits for bluegills in hopes of growing bigger sunfish.

Big sunfish, as anybody who's dunked a worm knows, is among the rarest of fish in Minnesota. A true trophy, 10 inches or longer, might be tougher to catch than an eight-pound walleye. Decades of liberal bag limits, anglers keeping too many big fish and the belief that you could never "overfish" sunnies took their toll.

The DNR spent the past several months identifying between 200 and 250 lakes on which it can cut the current statewide 20-fish limit to 10 or five sunfish. Lakes on the list needed to meet certain criteria, including public support and the biological capability to grow big bluegills.

Jim Wolters, DNR's area fisheries manager in Fergus Falls, said there are 13 lakes in Otter Tail County and 5 in Becker County under consideration for reduced sunfish limits.

What do you think?
    • Chill62
      By Chill62
      Hoping to do a trip up to leech 21st of March. anyone have any suggestions on places to get onto the lake or areas to target? Have few rigs planned so should be able to get around. Any information greatly appreciated 

Thank you 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Peter23
      Does anybody know any good places to catch Sturgeon on the Mississippi River near the cities. If so what gear should I use.    thanks
    • TomWehler
      Great Sunset pic. Thanks.  
    • TomWehler
      FYI Saw car thru narrows between lil green n green last night. Please think.    Never driive thru skinny narrows as these lakes do have pretty steady current. Scattered carp holes will start showing up also - so BEWARE. BE SAFE. HAVE FUN! 18” here.  6” there.    Keep on Rocken! T        
    • Rick
      Someone has to be within 200' of their portable or it needs to be licensed. Nothing in there about overnite that I saw.
    • Tom Sawyer
      The Mille Lacs Fisheries Advisory Committee (MLFAC) will meet from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at Appeldoorn’s Sunset Bay Resort, 45401 Mille Lacs Parkway, Isle.   The agenda will focus on this year’s safe harvest level, a fishing season update and DNR’s in-progress lake management planning process. Members of the public may observe MLFAC meetings, but these meetings serve primarily as a way for the committee to hold group discussions. Fifteen minutes are reserved for public comments and questions. The committee has been active since October 2015. Its purpose is to advise the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) on the State of Minnesota’s fisheries management program for Mille Lacs Lake.
    • iiccee63
      Exactly...overnight yes.🙂
    • Rick
      Portable shelters only need licenses and identification when left unattended, which is defined as all occupants being more than 200 feet away.
    • iiccee63
      It is a portable. No one has to put any info on there. Fyi
    • cookie129
      5 days left in the big game ice fishing season. I'm sure if you ask jonny boy he was say it has been a grind with quite a bit of frustration thrown in for good measure. The condition were tough to say the least. Dealing with deep snow and slush made getting to good fishing grounds impossible at times. Having to abandon good fishing due to slush problems, working on the fleet outside most of the time was and has always been a chore to say the least. from broken axels,  u joints, door latches, windows not going up, wiper motor, heaters, electrical problems from all the ice built up. Getting stuck was also a huge problem. Every year is different . years ago we did have similar conditions with road ways flooding, then refreezing etc.  The kids have been busy with the turnover of houses this week. They were able to move shell chick and her friend Terrry to another area where they had a little better fishing going home yesterday with there 8. Tony boy our old helper came up with his kids Mason and Treana. they have floated around from montana to florida. The first night they had 3 followed by a couple more. They did stay one more night so we will have to see how they did. The fishing has been slow for sure.  Jake ,Jen and there boy Lakin  they  had 5 yesterday when they headed in to clean them and have dinner at westwind. Jake sure likes how they cook your fish there.  I'm not sure how the guest in Colorado did  as I thought they were here 2 nights not one.  Asley plans on fishing the next 2 nights I think.  With Rick and Bob out in florida last night and there friend Rod and his crew in north Dakota we will have to see how they do on there fresh spots.   Florida is still wide open for the weekend due to a cancelation, They may of gotten spooked by the slow fishing or ice conditions  I did get to wet a line for a bit yesterday in old Minnesota, again fishing with the chubby darter Ii had another pike ,only this time he hit the rattle wheel which sure made it fun to catch.  I"m again headed out to fish the morning in old Minnesota before we head to  another appointment for my car accident injuries. I'm still dealing with problems from my concussion, i'm praying and hoping that my broken vertebra are healed up as I expect some therapy will be next. Its time to head out and do a little fishing on this grand lake that owes us nothing.
    • Mojo88
      Yes that was me!!! I remember seeing a plane fly over that’s so awesome!! What an awesome view from the plane I would live to see it from up there!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.