• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

RIP Forrest Wood

Wanderer

He passed yesterday at the age of 87.  Sad to hear.  I looked at some articles but didn’t the cause.  He was one person in the industry I would’ve enjoyed getting a chance to chat with for a while.

• Confused 1
dutchboy II

For those who don't know, Forrest Wood and Ray Scott are the fathers of tournament Bass fishing in this country.  Forrest made a lot of money off Bass fishing but he also contributed in about every way possible. Never heard or read a bad word about him or his wife.

R.I.P. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
Rick

Welcome to FM Dutchboy!

Thank you for sharing that. One of the greats for sure. RIP Forrest.

How has fishing been for you lately?

Mike89

golly it has been a long time since I heard that name...   RIP......

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

A icon of the Bass fishing world RIP 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• simonmichel
      By simonmichel
      Hi, I already use squarebill cranking and am looking for a good normal Crankbait. What is the best one?
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Looking to bring my fly fishing into the metro. Anyone willing to share where they've gone, if at all?
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • Coloradokid55
      By Coloradokid55
      Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.
    • Bryan P
      By Bryan P
      Got out on Fathers day with the Kayak down the Mississippi River for some good ole Smallmouth Bass action. River was low which made a great float and the smallies were hungry! They just couldn't resist the wacky worm once again. We have such an amazing fishery here in MN, glad to call this state home.  Enjoy. 

• Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Nice spots that are difficult to get to for shore fishing but accessible in a kayak or canoe? I've exhausted the shore fishing options and got a kayak to get out there. Info appreciated for any lakes within the metro but am primarily focused on ones easily accessed WITHIN the city, not the distant suburbs. Thanks!
    • Salsballs93
      By Salsballs93
      Recommendations for good kayak fishing in Minneapolis or St Paul (NOT a far drive, I live downtown but love the outdoors, so accessibility is key). Species doesn't matter a whole lot, love it all - bass, walleye, northern, musky. I'm aware of where I can get to with a kayak, but am curious if anyone is willing to share something a bit more precise from their personal experience in a kayak or boat. Thanks!
    • Well_Read_Redneck
      By Well_Read_Redneck
      The Largemouths have been biting more and more on Lake O'dowd in Shakopee.

I landed this dude at around 8:30 last night in about 4-7 feet of water using a Berkley plastic worm on a Texas Rig.

Lots of fun catching him from my kayak

The ruler is a little blurry, but I marked him at right around 17 inches.

• Djsnej123456
      By Djsnej123456
      How’s the bass fishing this year? Weeds? Water clarity? 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• nulmer10
      I've been looking for how to target crappies now, I've been getting bluegills in 8-10 around weeds but have been really struggling to find crappies. Anyone having any luck with crappies?
    • mulefarm
    • Skibo
      @Skunked Again Billy won’t be happy that I forgot one of the iconic stops on the lake!  Thanks for including Glenwood. 
    • ANYFISH2
      We were out yesterday evening.  It was plenty warm for sure.  Bugs not bad by us.   Isaac saw 2 does 3 fawns and an 8 pt.  He harvested a doe in his first ever sit with the bow. Eli saw a doe and a fawn, passed. I saw watched squirrel's.  
    • ANYFISH2
      Isaac was successful on his first sit ever with a bow.   He has worked hard to be able to hunt with his bow this year.  He kinda shoots better than dad right now. Proud of this little man.
    • Wanderer
      Yah, she’s a bit much.  We’re forecasted to get gusts to 40 today.  My SIL was out yesterday and said the skeets were horrible.   One friend got a doe in WI last weekend and cooler aged her for a couple days.  He said the meat turned out great.     That’s what I’m getting ready for too.  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Good point about walking into Tower from the East Two. I often forget about that.   You could also go to Glenwood Lodge at the east end of Pine Island. It's mostly beer and pizza with snacks, at least the last time that I was there. As far as I know, what Skibo and I posted are all of the locations on or near the lake.   There are also multiple shore lunch sites on the lake. They all have beautiful views, a picnic table, fire ring, and latrine. Bring your own lunch, or better yet, bring the fixings to cook up your fresh catch from the lake.
    • mulefarm
      No , my boys deer hunt, but I just waterfowl.
    • going4it
      Terrible wind this weekend for me. Next weekend is forecasted 80s. Not the start I was hoping for 
    • Rick

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.