• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Randy  Kato

Cool Cats get together ?

Randy  Kato

Hi there was just wondering If there is plans for a Cool cats get together this year Thanks Randy

eyeguy 54

Tom Sawyer
48 minutes ago, Randy Kato said:

Hi there was just wondering If there is plans for a Cool cats get together this year Thanks Randy

There has been some behind the scene talk about a multi-specie event on an area lake. Stay tuned 😉

• Thumbs Up 2

nytelyter

i am in. please . has been a slow year for me to be getting out Annie had her ankle replaced new years eve and been "nursing her" keeping her offf her feet. she is doing great now and i need some ice time.

oh and i have "pie" ready

Edited by nytelyter
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

IceHawk

Nytelyter We are trying to figure some things out with some form of a gathering. Will let you know if it falls in place . Definitely enjoy that pie.😉 

eyeguy 54

Loved the pie but my heartburn hated it lol

Rick
37 minutes ago, Borch said:

Looking at the calendar 3/14 is an option so go ahead and pencil this in with more details to come.

Go to the Calendar on the menu and add it in please.

DonkeyHodey
3 hours ago, Borch said:

Looking at the calendar 3/14 is an option.

If we keep up with 30+ degree weather in January and that might be an open-water get together!

Here's hoping there is solid ice (and not a lake covered in slush like last year), because this was great time/great people 2 years ago😀.  Kudos to anyone planning.  I'm hoping to come and bring the kids.

• Like 1

chaffmj

I have put this on my calendar! Hopefully the weather holds and I can make it.

• Like 1

mrpike1973

Would this still be around the central MN area? I hope I can make it

JustinN
21 hours ago, Borch said:

Looking at the calendar 3/14 is an option so go ahead and pencil this in with more details to come.

I'll be there!

IceHawk

2 hours ago, mrpike1973 said:

Would this still be around the central MN area? I hope I can make it

I would say Yes as Jeff talked to me earlier in the week and wants it to be a Cat Panfish gathering and we all know the Chain is catfish central.

smurfy

hoping to make it.....kinda far drive though!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:🤔 its also about that time of year when the wild game feed is in town!!!!!!!!!!

Borch
On 1/28/2020 at 6:25 PM, DonkeyHodey said:

If we keep up with 30+ degree weather in January and that might be an open-water get together!

Here's hoping there is solid ice (and not a lake covered in slush like last year), because this was great time/great people 2 years ago😀.  Kudos to anyone planning.  I'm hoping to come and bring the kids.

A lot of winter left.  Warmer temps will settle the remaining snow.  Hope we don't get dumped in with 40+ mph winds like last year.  That sucked!  Always a good time when we get together. 

• Like 1
  • l Love It 1

Horseshoe_Don

Why wait until march?  What wrong with february.   Plenty of ice and temp will not be an issue.

Don

Borch

It's when I can work it in Don.  That and past feedback I've received ou s guys like it after the walleye season closes. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

mrpike1973

I don't think it could be said better IceHawk. I have been involved with contests like this they are hard and a lot of work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Rick

@Horseshoe_Don, I like your thought and we certainly are open to more get-togethers. 

You can plan one out for February if you want.

Jeff and Chris do a very very nice one in March. 👍💙

• Thanks 1

Rick

Here's a video of part of the 2018 Cool Cats by @DTro.

• l Love It 3

mrpike1973

Because of DTro I have 3 seconds of fame!! Cool Video I had a lot of fun that day!! I hope to make it if I don't have to work to early into the morning.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

eyeguy 54

Bass stew time!! 😉

• Haha 1

Rick G

First off, thank you to Jeff for doing this again. Your hard work is much appreciated👍 Looking forward to the longer days of March just a bit more now😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EricO

Been wanting to do this for years! hopefully the stars align and we can make it. Thanks for the effort of putting it together!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Coleman

I haven't been able to make this before because I'm normally on the road for work. But, would love to this year. I have a few brand new rods, still in the bag (open water) I could throw in for gifts from my old job. Who handles all the swag/"door prizes"? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

nytelyter
On 1/26/2020 at 7:39 PM, IceHawk said:

Nytelyter We are trying to figure some things out with some form of a gathering. Will let you know if it falls in place . Definitely enjoy that pie.😉 

[email protected]

nytelyter
1 minute ago, nytelyter said:

[email protected]

and thank you

1 minute ago, nytelyter said:

Rick
4 hours ago, Coleman said:

I haven't been able to make this before because I'm normally on the road for work. But, would love to this year. I have a few brand new rods, still in the bag (open water) I could throw in for gifts from my old job. Who handles all the swag/"door prizes"? 

@Borch and @IceHawk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• svingla
      By svingla
      Heading up to Avon to fish Middle Spunk lake this weekend. Looking for any advice or insights for fishing this lake and what to target.
    • bigpunfun
      By bigpunfun
      Heading to the Virginia Mn area Ice fishing in a few weeks. I've fished the Duluth area most of my life but finally spreading out a bit. 
      Not hoping to get anyones "spot".
      How are ice conditions? Anywhere to stay away from safety wise?
      Any dead lakes that would be a waste of my time on a limited trip?
      Thanks yall
    • Chill62
      By Chill62
      I know this is fishing Minnesota but tried something new. Was very interesting and learned a lot quickly. ice conditions restricted where we could get to but we had 5 bites 2 fish. was fun fighting them big steelhead. 

• Jonny 2 shot
      By Jonny 2 shot
      Hey everyone!

Heading up to the Gunflint area this weekend to do some trout fishing.. Anybody been out recently?  How thick is the ice? 

Was planning to put the new ice saw to use and do some sight fishing but curious how the conditions are?

Thanks!

Jon
    • Borch
      By Borch
      Fished hard for 3 days on Big Stone Lake and the bite was very, very tough.  The nice Marked a lot of fish and just couldn't get them to bite. Did manage some dandy perch and trophy gills,(released) but not a lot of numbers.  Saturday late afternoon we stuck 3 gills over 10".  My nephew had one that was at least 10 1/2" but released it before I could measure or get a pic.  Sunday we had 2 more at or just under 10".  Had to downsize to get bit.  Did catch a couple on set lines with fatheads.   Spoons didn't get bit often.  Tungsten jigs or flies tipped with plastics or eurolarvae got most of the action.  
      Found fish in or near basin areas near shallower rock structures.  We would drill, drill and then drill some more.  Once we found fish we would make smaller moves or wait out schools cruising through the area. Travel conditions were excellent.   Just had to watch out for the occassional drift or old plowed road.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.

• Fishing Trend bD
      By Fishing Trend bD
      Village fishing
      fish catching
      fishing videos
      fishing videos
      fishing
      unique fishing
      Catch fishing
      Daily Fishing Life
      fishing videos daily
      Top Fishing Videos
      Village fishing
      Best fishing
      best fishing videos
      fish and fishing
      big fish hunting
      fish lover
      Fish Hunting Videos
      Traditional Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Primitive Fishing
      Fishing trend
    • mrpike1973
      By mrpike1973
      Fished several NE Wright county lakes got on some really nice bass with panfish jigs the smaller the better. Had a flurry for about half hour many largemouth caught. Then did a night bite for the crappies It really pays to move around. Also learned from some on the MInnow or not to minnow thread to upsize I used a small forage minnow spoon with 3-4 spikes that really was the ticket. Thanks all for the help everyone. The fish seem to me to be just starting to move a bit shallower with the warmer weather coming this weekend it should just get better. Most of the fish were in 12-17 feet of water.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Some big walleyes caught this week up at Lake of the Woods along with eaters and saugers.  Good fishing still happening 16 - 22 miles out on the ice and most reports are good.  Ice conditions on LOW remain excellent at around 30 inches where most are fishing.  Best colors vary but on sunny days gold has been consistent.  On cloudy days, glow pink, green, orange and chartreuse good colors.  Don't be afraid to downsize presentation if fish are not active.  Small spoon with a minnow head.  A plain hook with a small minnow can be very effective.  Electronics helping anglers catch suspended walleyes.  Pike are getting more active and anglers reporting good success.
      On the Rainy River...   The river is frozen over with snowmobile traffic on marked trail.  Some reports of local anglers catching a few walleyes in the river but most anglers hitting the lake.  Extra caution is always needed on the river, especially with higher current this year.  Thin ice around the International Bridge in Baudette.  Work through resort or know ice conditions if ice fishing the river as ice thickness varies.
      Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing in full swing up at the Angle.  Resorts in 26 - 32' of water.  A mix of walleyes and saugers with some jumbo perch and pike in the mix.  The snowmobile trails from south shore to Angle in great shape.  Jigging with a bait with rattles has helped to pull in walleyes.  Fish houses on the ice through March 31st, walleyes and saugers open through April 14. 

• HoleHoppingGills
      By HoleHoppingGills
      Member only ...looking for some reports near Wright county area or even west and north of there.  Been fishing this small lake out near South Haven and been crushing 9.5 inch gills  and 12 inch crappies the last 2 months.  Went back last week after take a 2 week break and everything was suspended and tiny. Before everything was just off weeds deep and coming from botto....not sure what happened  but fish were loaded like a xmas on the flx28, maybe oxygen levels? First pic of the crappies took me and friend 1 hour and 20 holes... so much fun!!!!

• iiccee63
      By iiccee63
      💥💥💥Found a portable left on the ice 2/15/20 at about 4 30pm. Had been there over a day as it had snow drifted around it. If you can describe it, and where on the lake I would love nothing more to get it back to the owner. Thanks!!!!💥💥💥
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Calvin Darling
      Would any of you know if this location will be open this weekend? I'm just looking to explore the creek and really want to just get in a creek/river with my waders
    • rschmidty
      I was just thinking about this the last couple of days. Can't wait for our 4/15 trip. I've been tracking ice out in Baudette since we've been going up. Here are the past 9 years.      My guess is it will be closer to that 3/24 date for ice out in Baudette which would put ice out at Birchdale maybe a week sooner.
    • PRO-V
      That's one of the spots I've fished. My buddy lost 3 airplane jigs there before he looked down the hole and saw a standing power pole.🙄
    • Getanet
    • Rick
      Welcome to FM @svingla.   Let us know how you do please. Pics are awesome!   Have fun buddy.   You might want to follow the two guys above so you can see the outstanding fishing info they share easily.   Just click their name and then this icon: 
    • DonkeyHodey
      If you are set with Middle Spunk I'd jig for sunnies/crappies (or chase northerns).   Middle Spunk is heavily developed.  I avoid it for that reason but if you're going to be there anyways, you could certainly find worse lakes.  (my two cents are there are too many tubers/wake boarders in the summer which probably means winter is the better time to fish it...)   All three spunks can pretty good for fishing but all have heavy fishing pressure...  They all three are pretty much panfish/northern lakes.  (That usually means fishing can be boom or bust.) Upper (or Big) Spunk (which is actually the lower of the lakes looking at a map...) has the most interesting structure in it (humps, big bulrush island, etc... and a couple of pretty neat little bays in the summer) I personally prefer lower spunk.--probably half of the lake is undeveloped bulrushes.
    • rundrave
      you can try this:   Frank DeLuca 5382 Jentoft Road Saginaw, MN  55779 [email protected] 218.729.7941
    • Getanet
      Do any of you guys know if Surface Tension still swims around these parts? I think I need my Nils sharpened. I had sent him a message through the HSO forum a while ago and didn't hear back. I'm not sure if HSO and Fishing MN share the same messaging platform, or if I need to try him here instead. Did a quick search and it doesn't look like he's posted in a while, so I'm hoping someone knows his whereabouts.    
    • IceHawk
      Decent panfish lake. They would be my target kicks out some sporadic bites all year. Not much for a walleye lake they get stocked quite often but for some reason never take off. Don't rule out chaseing  Tullibbees. Every winter she gives some up. Piles of deep water out there she can be a tough one. I personally prefer Upper  easier to break down compared to Middle good luck!
    • svingla
      Heading up to Avon to fish Middle Spunk lake this weekend. Looking for any advice or insights for fishing this lake and what to target.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.