• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Eyesniper

Has anyone been out to big swan recently? Curious how the ice is and if there are spots to avoid as I’ve not fished this lake before. Looking to target cats as my other lakes have been lacking this year. Don’t need other people’s spots just ice conditions. Would like to bring out my 3/4 ton and 17’ IC if possible. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• smalliehunter
      By smalliehunter
      I've never chased panfish during the open water season.  I caught my first bluegill this winter, and have developed quite the crush on them.  What's your go to rod, length and action?  Plastics or bait?  Line type and lb?  Do you use a bobber?  Should I use same jigs as winter or plain hook? 
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Fished a few spots on the Horseshoe  chain this afternoon pretty slow yet surface  water temps were around 35 degrees.  Water levels are up and plenty of bottom content floating in some of the channels and bays. Felt great to get back on some open water and use the long Rods again. 👍Plenty of boats out there running around. 
    • dutchboy II
      By dutchboy II
      With the crazy restrictions on Mille Lacs and the uncertain opener are any of you still planning to fish Mille Lacs?  Will you hit other lakes or just going to stay home this summer and hope things get back to normal?  The very dedicated Walleye guys are really going to need to adjust or hit other lakes.

Businesses are going to get clobbered.

Sad situation. Hopefully there is something left in 2021.  
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Really cant wait for some of these Regulations to be put into Place on Some  lakes. Way overdue IMO. Please when these meetings are formed lets all try and make it to some and give some honest quality input. Even if you are against some of the New regulation limit changes  being talked about. We all need to come together and figure out someway to protect our Trophy Panfish. So all of us and future generations can enjoy the future! 

• PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      On a whim I was shore fishing in the parkway, just a smallish hook and red wigglers from the garden.The little nibblers started hitting hard after 3pm. They're hungry! I saw larger ones but they were too clever for my hook. This was a nice day to get back into the groove- get a feel for my gear and practice casting. 😄 Hopefully the big biters will come out to play soon.
      Happy Spring!

• Mark Jurgensen
      By Mark Jurgensen
      Need to get out for a while.  Any fishing being done on Cedar Lake in New Prague.
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      Perhaps we should call this the COVID - 19 fishing report.  As you can imagine, some really cool annual traditions with Mother Nature are happening right now around Lake of the Woods.
      With the current times, other than some local anglers fishing in their own backyard where they have private access, things are pretty quiet.  Let's get through this chapter and look ahead as the walleyes are definitely waiting, willing and able!
      As many of you have read, in response to the COVID - 19 situation, the City of Baudette has closed it's two public access points on the Rainy River, Koochiching County has closed their four access points to the Rainy River and Lake of the Woods County has also temporarily closed their access points.  These closures are temporary in nature and are being reviewed often.  Kooch County will review again April 14th which is the last day of the walleye season on LOW and the Rainy River. 
      We want to express our sincere appreciation and thanks for all who come up to the Lake of the Woods area throughout the year.  Our community and small businesses are very tourism focused and dependent.  This is a tough time for many for a variety of reasons.  We look forward to getting this chapter behind us and creating wonderful memories with you again in the near future.  Be safe and thank you.
      On the south end...  Ice conditions this March have held very well.  As mentioned, low amount of traffic due to the times.  Anglers out have been catching big pike as is traditional this time of year as well as walleyes and saugers.
      On the Rainy River...   The Rainy River is starting to open with a few local anglers with private access getting on the open water.  As you can imagine, some big walleyes in the river.  The spring walleye season goes through April 14th and will not be available to most this year.  Looking forward to sturgeon season and the MN fishing opener May 9th!
      Up at the NW Angle...  A few locals still ice fishing.  Walleyes, saugers, jumbo perch and an occasional pike or eelpout in the mix.  Looking forward to open water.  

• CaptJohnWis
      By CaptJohnWis
      I heard from a buddy that there will be no fishing allowed on the river this spring. Any truth to that? I think it is a good idea otherwise there will be people coming up in droves as usual. Stay in your house and say some prayers.

I am stuck in my house down here in Texas and hope to eventually get back up North. Canada border closed so I couldn't hit my favorite spots on Rainy Lake anyway.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• fishingallday
      Thanks for the tips. Sometimes people forget good ol' soap kills viruses as well.
    • fishingallday
      Looks good my guy 🤓
    • mrpike1973
      I am Thankful Rick! 😀
    • Rick
      I don't know whether to say Wow or Yayyy to this one MrPike.   I am however grateful for the way you put this together 😃
    • Wanderer
      Anyone else here “Cruise Central”?   Central Avenue south of 694.  The 80’s version of American Graffiti and The Fast and the Furious.
    • Borch
      I remember playing baseball and tennis on the street in front of our house.  Drivers didn't seem to mind waiting a few seconds for us to move out of the way.  We played all over Big Lake which was much smaller back then.   Drive un like the A&W or Ranchero where favorite hangouts.
    • Borch
      I haven't thought about that place in years.
    • Patrick Bennett
      exactly Rick!!!  
    • mrpike1973
      Thankful today got out on MinniBelle today with the wife before work very cool out but it is our favorite lake. We tried fishing but got zero saw a few small pike scooting about made us feel good to get out wife is getting a little home bound so I need to keep her spirits up. We discovered today some Yahoo stole a rod and reel out of our boat when it was parked for 15 minutes at Walmart. I really did not need that however being this is a grateful post they did not take my good rod and reel🥰. I have another reel from warranty coming back and hopefully I can buy a cheepie rod to get by with for a bit. Yep my fault I should have put both in the car but you always think only 10 minutes you will be gone oh well. My job has went back to 40 hour week so that is great to hear and my wife and I are starting to enjoy watching the birds in our yard. Have a great day everybody!
    • eyeguy 54
      Good info guys. I use my 66 foot light rods most of the time but do enjoy the battle on the 56 and 6 foot ultralights that I have.  Bobbers!  Dang I get frustrated finding one to do exactly what I want. So I have a lot of different ones along. Lol. Always learning. Plain jigs and tungsten. Small tubes mainly for plastics and I go thru a ton of gulp minnows. Amazing how much they love em!  Trilene xl in 4 pound is on all of the reels. Haven’t tried the solar in summer but might have to give that a try. Fenwick Eagle rods and Pflueger reels. My favorite old rod is a 5 foot Shakespeare Stealth Stik. Gotta be close to 30 years old. Almost always in the boat with no bobber. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.