• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Paul Waldowski

Ice Report 1/14/2020. We are now at 15-17 inches everywhere that I have staked. At this time I will not be expanding our road system until after the latest snownommi rolls thru. CAUTION a heave has been developing off the point just to the east of us and with today's wind has pushed up and flooded. I found as few as 6 inches of ice in that area. STAY AWAY from that point.

Road.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Huntin&Fishin

Thanks for the report Paul. Are you allowing trucks and wheelhouses to go out?

Paul Waldowski
19 hours ago, Huntin&Fishin said:

Thanks for the report Paul. Are you allowing trucks and wheelhouses to go out?

Yes we are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huntin&Fishin
On 1/18/2020 at 6:58 AM, Paul Waldowski said:

Yes we are.

Paul, have you heard of any depths that have been working lately?

Paul Waldowski
11 hours ago, Huntin&Fishin said:

Paul, have you heard of any depths that have been working lately?

For what species?

Huntin&Fishin

Walleyes and or crappies? 

IceHawk

I was out there fishing today Paul and I just want to to give you a kudos on your roads and road system. Fished the Northern basin region  all the way to the West and came across them.   For anyone looking to put a wheelhouse out on some great walleye crappie spots Paul has some cuts to some prime real estate many of it still untapped . Not sure if you were out plowing midday today but someone was over by windmill. Was going to flag you down say Hi but didn't want to interrupt a man working 😀 Looks like the new cabin is comeing up well. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Paul Waldowski
13 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

I was out there fishing today Paul and I just want to to give you a kudos on your roads and road system. Fished the Northern basin region  all the way to the West and came across them.   For anyone looking to put a wheelhouse out on some great walleye crappie spots Paul has some cuts to some prime real estate many of it still untapped . Not sure if you were out plowing midday today but someone was over by windmill. Was going to flag you down say Hi but didn't want to interrupt a man working 😀 Looks like the new cabin is comeing up well. 

That is way too funny as I believe you drove by me on our road system and I thought WTH I think that is Icehawk but he would have stopped me and said hi :)

• Wow, ❤ 1

IceHawk

Must of been you in the Maroon truck. I probably was reaching for my phone at that time our good buddie Dtro was ringing for some catfish info.   Next time we will connect LOL! 

Edited by IceHawk
  • I Like it 1
  • l Love It 1

Wanderer

@Paul Waldowski

Curious what your road pass costs and what services you might have at the resort?  We’re headed to ML tomorrow but I wouldn’t mind checking out Koronis soon.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

Paul Waldowski
Just now, Wanderer said:

@Paul Waldowski

Curious what your road pass costs and what services you might have at the resort?  We’re headed to ML tomorrow but I wouldn’t mind checking out Koronis soon.

Wanderer - Shoot me a message with what you have in mind and we can go from there.  We have road access by the day, by the weekend, by the season and everything else under the sun including pool, hottub and shower access :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

Huntin&Fishin
1 hour ago, IceHawk said:

Sent you a PM IceHawk

Paul Waldowski
1 hour ago, Dave S said:

Caught midday in 60 FOW.

20200125_155057.jpg

Son of a gun :)  Nicely done.....I think I know where you were.

• Thumbs Up 2

smurfy
On 1/23/2020 at 7:53 PM, IceHawk said:

so what time you get up to head out fishing!!!!!!🙄☺️ I may have to follow you out soon. I do have to work this Saturday.....gotta go to red wing.

Rick G
2 hours ago, Dave S said:

Caught midday in 60 FOW.

20200125_155057.jpg

Nice job!

• Thumbs Up 2

Dave S
1 hour ago, Paul Waldowski said:

Dave S
2 hours ago, Paul Waldowski said:

We started in the area I mentioned to you this morning but the small perch were relentless and saw nothing else there. We made a move again and couldn't believe my eyes. 60 FOW and suspended  20 feet up. They didn't just cover the water column between 40-50 feet. THEY SMOTHERED IT. As you can see from the pic, we had a Garmin Live Scope with us. Holy Cow is all I can say. It helped us mobilize and follow the fish but the lure choice and color selection was critical.

It sure started getting busy out there by the time we left 😆.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

leech~~
On 1/23/2020 at 8:22 PM, Wanderer said:

@Paul Waldowski

Me too. once he moves a house over that 60' hole! 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk
5 hours ago, Dave S said:

Caught midday in 60 FOW.

20200125_155057.jpg

Well done Dave ! Get any 13 inch Plus? Hook any tullies or see any in that area ?

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk
3 hours ago, smurfy said:

so what time you get up to head out fishing!!!!!!🙄☺️ I may have to follow you out soon. I do have to work this Saturday.....gotta go to red wing.

Well before light. Try to be on  ice fishing  before daybreak normally. Early bird gets the worm has always been my philosophy. 😉 Nothing better IMO than  watching the sun rise a ,hot cup of coffee and fish on my vex its like a dream I never want to end 😀 I will  fish in midday afternoon if Im on a more relaxed schedule. We can make anything work. 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave S
16 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Well done Dave ! Get any 13 inch Plus? Hook any tullies or see any in that area ?

I think the largest was maybe 10". Didn't notice any tullibee cruising through but it's very possible.  Just surprised that if they were there, that we didn't get any.

There was a small walleye that came top side as well.

• Thanks 2

smurfy

Paul, any reports on pike fishing.??? my plan is to come out and chase flags Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Waldowski

I have not seen or heard much on folks chasing Pike.  Everyone has been concentrating on Crappies and a few Tullies

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanderer
11 hours ago, smurfy said:

Paul, any reports on pike fishing.??? my plan is to come out and chase flags Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

Smurf, when I was out there the highest concentration of pike effort was happening near the Bible camp on the northeast part of the lake.  Couldn’t tell ya how they were doing though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

smurfy

thanks guys.

wanderer...........yea it seems like most the pike fishing happens there. kinda why i would like to fish a different area. and i believe icehawk posted something about the point out there was where a few locals fish pike. i did a little research, seems its a good weedy area and if there's weeds there's little fish and big fish eat little fish!!!!👍

paul.......... sounds like not many are fishing that windmill point area............. i like it. unless something comes up i'll be out there sat morning!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Borch

Rocks on top and cabbage on the edges.  The north is more of a ledge.  The south side more gradual and more cabbage.  The end is more gradual as well.

• Thanks 2

jigginjim

Just all depends on your choice of area, which access you go out from?  Been a while since I was out there chasing the fish around.  Although the tullies, do sound like lots of fun.

Edited by jigginjim
  • Thanks 1