• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Paul Waldowski

Fishing Report 1/5/20

A few Walleye's are being caught in the morning hours. Look to points and humps in the 21' to 25 foot range. Small jigging spoons and minnow head have been the best bet.

Crappies have started to suspend over the 30'-36 foot holes. It is a light bite so the best bet is a tiny jig tipped with a few euro larva.Crappie.jpg.6d332d38892a7156612c227ac70f7f64.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1
  • Official Fishing Report Team - MN
IceHawk

Awesome Paul thanks for the great Report! See they found some of those tankers out there👍

• I Like it 1
Paul Waldowski

Ice Report: 1/9/2020
We are now open to light traffic and single axel wheelhouses. Please stop in lodge for road pass and the latest ice conditions. Spending the weekend out on the lake? Wife & Kids, no worries we have you covered with the option to add on access to our indoor pool and hot tub complex as well.

bee measuring ice 12-14 (002).jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Dandy crappies there.  Just wait until you pin down the gills.  There are some dandies in there.

• I Like it 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JBMasterAngler
      The mouth of the creek is quite a ways downstream from the landing, and you’ll have to cross several peoples’ docks. Entire stream is surrounded by private property. Sure, you can technically legally access the stream, but why would you want to bother with the headache of dealing with landowners that DON’T want you there? Stream is small enough to step across in most places, it’s very weedy, and lot’s of overhanging brush. Not to mention, below average at best numbers of small trout!   You want easy access? Buy a Wisconsin license! Right across the river in Pierce County alone, there’s hundreds of miles of public easements on trout streams that are ten times better than anything Minnesota has to offer!
    • JerkinLips
      Pike suckers are about 3½ inches long.  Walleyes really like them in the fall and early winter.  Caught my fish in 13-15 FOW drifting slowly.  Good solid bites.
    • delcecchi
    • JN13
    • fishingMN4eyes
      Got up Thursday evening to rain and pretty heavy wind Friday morning had us holding off on putting the boat in the water. Fished briefly Friday evening at sunset and picked up an 18" and a couple smalls. Fishing was decent Saturday morning but no real size, everything was 12-15". I had one that looked to be 17"ish flop off as I was trying to flip it into the boat. All the fish we caught were in 17-22'. We were fishing around about a 6' top but never caught anything on top. They appeared to be relating to the structure but not actually on it. Tried again Saturday evening for a couple hours and continued to pick up small walleye just like the morning. Sunday was windy again but we decided to slug it out for awhile and caught one decent perch and one small walleye. We fished similar depths and spots as Saturday but they weren't there. Marked them out in 35'+ but didn't feel like fighting the wind out in the big water so we called it quits around noon and never went back out(the wind never really did lay down or we may have tried again). Jig/minnow way outfished bottom bouncers/crawlers. Wish bottom bouncers would have worked better because it was tough to keep a jig down as fast as we were drifting and we never found a school to spot lock on.
    • Mike89
      that last pic is great!!   Hazel is saying oppps!!!  
    • MikeG3Boat
      I am heading up there tomorrow.  Where do you guys get minnows up in the area?  Tower or Cook or down in Virginia?  I have never heard of pike suckers?  How large are they?  Are you guys fishing the East or West side of the lake?  Let me know.  I am thinking of fishing the East side tomorrow and then headed to the west side from Thursday thru Sunday.  Any help would be appreciated?  I am a newby to the area.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
    • monstermoose78
      Finn and Hazel are getting along poor Finn get the biggest chomps from the baby shark teeth. Finn and I just want a nap, but we can’t as we are puppy patrol. 
    • monstermoose78
      Crap I am feeling like an old man today. Hazel is not letting Finn and I take a nap, but it is getting Finn and I ready for duck season.
    • JN13
      Asking $1,100 contact me at jen at malcotools.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.