• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Princecraft sport 172 with 90 hsp

Bp12

Question

Does anyone have this boat and is it enough power to ski behind? Thanks for anything you can tell me we are trying to decide between it and the 164 

6 answers to this question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
3 hours ago, Bp12 said:

Does anyone have this boat and is it enough power to ski behind? Thanks for anything you can tell me we are trying to decide between it and the 164 

Nice boat too, may be a little heavier then the Lowe 164 but either boat should have an issue pulling water skiers. 

You seem to be a bit worried about water skiing instead of fishing.  May be you should just get a Ski Boat and throw a line over the side once in a while? ?

image.png.c68855db43a79510b1bdec817add7ee2.png

• Yayyyy 1

We have a diehard fisherman in the family and some that want to ski so trying to please everyone. That’s why we were thinking of a fish and ski. Did you mean shouldn’t have an issue pulling a skier? 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Bp12 said:

We have a diehard fisherman in the family and some that want to ski so trying to please everyone. That’s why we were thinking of a fish and ski. Did you mean shouldn’t have an issue pulling a skier? 

Yep.  What ever boat you get with a 90hp motor shouldn't have an issue pulling skiers.  If you find out that one you bought does, you can do somethings like get a different pitch prop for a faster hole shot and play with the motor tilt a bit. 

Good luck.  Let us know what you get! 

I just looked.   30 mph for skiing.  more or less.   So dropping down a few inches on the "ski prop" is always an option.     And a 90 will do just fine.  My former neighbor at the lake had a 2+2 merc 115 two stroke on a good sized crestliner and he had no problems at all.   Another neighbor has a 90 and he has no problems at all.   They even have pulled lighter folks with a 50 merc on a 16 foot lund... 

• l Love It 1

1 hour ago, parrker656 said:

I'm curious about how you should be physically prepared for that skiing?

Welcome to the forum.  May be this will help.  ?