• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

monstermoose78

Anyone want to hit a lake tomorrow at 9-10 am with me? 

Rick

Too late.

monstermoose78

Lots of fish 9-10 inches of ice, but they were small!

6599E897-81BF-4651-936D-8A72328A1224.jpeg

783AD719-7B25-41DD-B1B1-A9ED9295AD93.jpeg

8A3B904C-FD8C-4BAC-8EE2-2893B8060089.jpeg

E6A3CD79-851C-4486-8DF6-14081F1FA351.jpeg

CE8A817B-3FD3-4893-B370-378E899B547F.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

eyeguy 54

Like the black ice?

monstermoose78

It was good ice

eyeguy 54

The rod silly. 😁

Dan85

Were you somewhere relatively local? Been thinking about going out, but didn't know what to think of area ice yet. 

monstermoose78
11 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

The rod silly. 😁

I love it Royce it is sensitive enough for 3mm jigs and has back bone to land big fish.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

monstermoose78
4 hours ago, Dan85 said:

Were you somewhere relatively local? Been thinking about going out, but didn't know what to think of area ice yet. 

I was local be careful of some lakes but the lake I was on I found no less than 9 inches and up to 10 inches.

• Thanks 1

Wanderer

I think ice thickness right now is more dependent on snow cover.  When it fell compared to ice being made on a certain lake and how much.  20 below for a day won’t cure the thin ice/slush blues with 10 inches of snow on the lake.  

Thanks for pics Nick!

• Thanks 1

monstermoose78
47 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I think ice thickness right now is more dependent on snow cover.  When it fell compared to ice being made on a certain lake and how much.  20 below for a day won’t cure the thin ice/slush blues with 10 inches of snow on the lake.  

Thanks for pics Nick!

Wanderer you know the lake I was on I am almost positive. It froze over in early November and people have been ice fishing it for a 3 weeks to a month now. Snow cover was about 6-7 inches and it’s a good thing it’s a short drag across the lake as this fat guy was huffing and puffing on the way back to the truck.

Be careful as the swans were thick and the have an open spot on the north side where the creek exits. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wanderer

@monstermoose78,

If I had to guess, that’s the one I’d put my money on.  You seem to have that lakes number pretty good!

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Anyone want to head out this afternoon ?

• Thumbs Up 1

tview

Planning on heading out in a hour or so!!!!!

Tony Thompson

Me to. Where ya guys headed

tview

I'm heading to Blue 

monstermoose78

That’s were I was thinking

monstermoose78

I have to get a few more things done

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk

Good luck guys!

monstermoose78
27 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

Good luck guys!

Thanks 

eyeguy 54

Get em nick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

IceHawk

Good job Nick!

• Thumbs Up 1

monstermoose78

Fish be ready to meet beer batter!! If ya want to fish I will try to look for messages once I walk out on the lake

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

IceHawk

Now that's putting the smack down on them Bud well done my friend !

• Like 1

monstermoose78

All fish gone 

5845130D-1FDA-4ED6-AD93-8ABDC2DD7BE5.jpeg

2FBD4372-2550-4450-B738-4394D41E541F.jpeg

56031464-D000-4024-ABC9-6054B906A203.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

Wanderer

That’s a good haul @monstermoose78!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1