• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Our first ice report of the year. Currently up to around 50 yards off our landing we have 6 inches of really good ice. Almost all areas did have a little water on top of the ice and a few had some slushy areas. We will let it set up over the couple of days and then if all goes well start to stake a few trails out. Stay tuned for more updates.

Ice Depth Meme.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 2
  • l Love It 1

Hi Paul....Were you formally on Mille Lacs out of Appledorns. ? If so, I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor, you always did a tremendous job on the lake, in everything you did, you'll be sorely missed.

Good wishes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

1048757605_IceDepthMeme.thumb.jpg.33e845ec619d43b014d87cda83c2c9fc.jpgIce update coming tomorrow. We will be out poking around with a underwater camera as well as extending our staked trail. It also looks like we have a few Aluma-Lite Day house rentals in our near future

Edited by Paul Waldowski
Image added
  • Wow, ❤ 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:19 PM, Sculpin said:

Hi Paul....Were you formally on Mille Lacs out of Appledorns. ? If so, I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor, you always did a tremendous job on the lake, in everything you did, you'll be sorely missed.

Good wishes.

Yes I am.  Thank you for the kind words.  They are greatly appreciated.

Paul, Is there a access to your area for ice fishing?  I guided a family from Chicago along with the kids this summer from Bug-Bee, I have taken these people out for several years.

• l Love It 1

Ice Report 12/16/19. Was out today staking and extending our trail. Everywhere that I staked had at least 6 inches of really good ice with no slush. Areas that had 4-5 inches of snow had the 6 inches of ice. Those areas that were more wind blown, thus only an inch of snow or so on top, had 8 inches of good ice, again with no slush. Now I am going to have to fire up the snowmobile as we are out far enough that it has become too far to continue to walk :)

It is still very early in the season, so please be cautious. No ice is every totally safe.

lake 2.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

Sounds great, I'll have to come out there and try for walleye.  Caught some nice ones during the day last August.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ice Update: Currently we have anywhere from 10-12 inches of ice with virtually no snow cover. As I look at the extended forecast, if I was a betting betting man we will be allowing lighter vehicles out of our access on January 10th.

Please remember that no ice is ever safe and ALWAYS check in with us at the resort before heading out on our roads.

This years Ice package rates are:

Wheel Houses - $150 includes two season passes, plowing & Garbage included. No off-season storage. To leave your house on our roads, a season road pass is required. If you would like to add shower house and pool pass then the total is $275

Vehicle Road Pass - Daily
Car or Truck - $5
Truck & Wheelhouse - $10

Vehicle and Wheelhouse Road Pass - Weekend
Car or Truck - $15
Truck & Wheelhouse - $25 Add Shower house and pool pass $40

Houses must go with you when you depart for the day/weekend otherwise you must purchase the Wheel House packages

Bug-Bee Hive Resort also offers: Marcum flashers, Marcum underwater camera’s and fishing poles for rent.

Make Today A Bee-Utiful Day !

Paul C Waldowski

Director Of Operations

Cell (218) 380-1441

Resort (320) 243-4448

[email protected]

www.bugbeehiveresort.com

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Paul, didn't you say something about Day houses a while ago?  Didn't see a fee for them or aren't they available yet? 

Edited by leech~~

We just acquired our first 2 person fish house rental.

5 Holes
Bluetooth Stereo
16,00 BTU Forced Air Furnace.
Generator Ready
USB Charging Ports
Glow Cups to charge your jigs
Co2 Detector
Full Day $135

Full day with any cabin rentals $90

Half Day $90

Half Day with any cabin rental $65

Day house.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

Are you going to have mid week, weekend rates?  What would the full day in and out times be? 

• Thanks 1

Justin - On Weekends I am always down in the lodge by 7 a.m. We do not carry bait but you can get everything that you are looking for at Hilltop bait and Tackle just outside of Paynesville on Hwy 55.

Edited by Paul Waldowski
Typos
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Waldowski said:

Justin - On Weekends I am always down by 7 a.m. We do not carry bait but you can get everything that you are looking for at Hilltop bait and Tackle just outside of Paynesville on Hwy 55.

Thank you ?

Justin

18 minutes ago, JustinN said:

Thank you ?

Justin - I would love to have you come up.  From my side, trying to learn a new resort, new area and trying to implement a whole new system has really put a crimp in my fishing time.  If you want to come up and do some pre-fishing and scouting for me that would be awesome.  I will do everything possible to help you access the lake, as well as helping in future endeavors.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul Waldowski said:

Justin

Justin - I would love to have you come up.  From my side, trying to learn a new resort, new area and trying to implement a whole new system has really put a crimp in my fishing time.  If you want to come up and do some pre-fishing and scouting for me that would be awesome.  I will do everything possible to help you access the lake, as well as helping in future endeavors.

I'll PM you with what our program is looking like tomorrow and am more than happy to help in any way I can!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Paul, was great to meet you and talk to you today!!? sure hoping next weekend works out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • I Like it 1

22 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Hey Paul, was great to meet you and talk to you today!!? sure hoping next weekend works out.

Next weekend, what you doing next weekend?  ?

Oh poop, we have the Grandmonsters so it looks like I am not getting to do anything next weekend! ?

3 hours ago, Paul Waldowski said:

Justin - On Weekends I am always down in the lodge by 7 a.m. We do not carry bait but you can get everything that you are looking for at Hilltop bait and Tackle just outside of Paynesville on Hwy 55.

Don't forget the let Hilltop know your sending them folks, may be they will send some your way as well. ?

58 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Next weekend, what you doing next weekend?  ?

Oh poop, we have the Grandmonsters so it looks like I am not getting to do anything next weekend! ?

i'm sure hoping to sit in my spear shack out on Koronis.?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wondering is there good panfishing spots where BugBee Resort is? I ask because if we can ever drive out with this crazy weather would love to patronize a business like this. Not many around this area and like taking the portables out. Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
10 hours ago, smurfy said:

i'm sure hoping to sit in my spear shack out on Koronis.?

Good Luck Smurf!  One of the best Big pike lakes in the area ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IceHawk said:

Good Luck Smurf!  One of the best Big pike lakes in the area ?

thanks bud...………….I gotta big decision to make it a week...………………...go to the left or to the right once off there access point...…………… hope I can sleep this week...……….??

when I drove down to the access I noticed a lot less activity off to the right……..right up my my wheelhouse!!!!!! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN
21 minutes ago, smurfy said:

thanks bud...………….I gotta big decision to make it a week...………………...go to the left or to the right once off there access point...…………… hope I can sleep this week...……….??

when I drove down to the access I noticed a lot less activity off to the right……..right up my my wheelhouse!!!!!! 

The Bar to the Right of his access is called Windmill Point by us  locals big cabbage bar with plenty of small gills perch and deep water close by perfect hangout for Big pike. Had a few clip off my jigging raps this fall in that area.? This fall had one close to 20 lbs I bet off Petersons Point take a swipe couple times at a  12 inch eye I was pulling in. ? The Diedrich boys that owned the old bait  tackle shop in Paynesville speared some beasts out there for years!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1
  • l Love It 2

30 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

The Bar to the Right of his access is called Windmill Point by us  locals big cabbage bar with plenty of small gills perch and deep water close by perfect hangout for Big pike. Had a few clip off my jigging raps this fall in that area.? This fall had one close to 20 lbs I bet off Petersons Point take a swipe couple times at a  12 inch eye I was pulling in. ? The Diedrich boys that owned the old bait  tackle shop in Paynesville speared some beasts out there for years!!!

thanks icehawk, when I was by the access, I was really eyeballing that point!!!!! now I can sleep this week!!!!! the cabbage weeds did it for me, now to decide whereabouts around that point!!!!!!!!!?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1