• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Kettle

Fl 12 Matience (brushes & Slip Rings)

Question

Kettle

Unable to locate a FL 12 manual online. I have a unit that is about 9 years old, have replaced battery and transducer this year which helped but I feel like I get a lot of interference or "ghost lines" while dropping my bait and at times the unit makes a lot of noise. Looking back I have seen previous posts on people cleaning slip rings on the FL8 models but it is a different style of flasher. Anyone have any experience with doing this to a FL12, 20 OR 28? Did it help?

8 answers to this question

IceHawk

I'm not sure how far you are from Vexilar but a few years ago I had my brushes cleaned on one of my FL18's at there shop.  They cleaned them while I waited and when done I asked how much I owed them   and surpriseingly the guy (tech) shrugged it off and didn't charge me.🤯 In fact I commented on a neat t shirt they had and guy tossed me one free also. That's customer service above and behond.  Not sure they would still be that kind but be worth a shot calling them and asking a brush cleaning price. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Kettle
20 minutes ago, IceHawk said:

I'm not sure how far you are from Vexilar but a few years ago I had my brushes cleaned on one of my FL18's at there shop.  They cleaned them while I waited and when done I asked how much I owed them   and surpriseingly the guy (tech) shrugged it off and didn't charge me.🤯 In fact I commented on a neat t shirt they had and guy tossed me one free also. That's customer service above and behond.  Not sure they would still be that kind but be worth a shot calling them and asking a brush cleaning price. 

Thanks IceHawk! Definitely good customer service brings people back! I'm on the iron range and don't get down there often but may have to make a trip if I cannot figure it out myself. Did you notice a difference in performance or machine noise after cleaning????

IceHawk

Definitely brighter! but that  famous Vexilar hum was still there. I've kind of grown accustomed to that with the amount of time spent on ice with one. Lets me know its still working LOL! 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

Wont be long chris and you wont here that hum unless you put your hearing aids in. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

IceHawk
3 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Wont be long chris and you wont here that hum unless you put your hearing aids in. :) 

😂😂😂 31 years of being around Heavy equipment I'm getting there. ☹️

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow 1

Tom Sawyer

@Kettle pm sent. 

Thankfully I can still hear a chipmunk rustling leaves at 50 yards, on the bow stand without any help,,,

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Thanks 1

leech~~
1 hour ago, Kettle said:

Thanks IceHawk! Definitely good customer service brings people back! I'm on the iron range and don't get down there often but may have to make a trip if I cannot figure it out myself. Did you notice a difference in performance or machine noise after cleaning????

Give them a call and see if you can ship it? or I think Fish Lectronics in Nisswa might be able to clean it up for yeah. 

Fish Lectronics

Boating

Address: 29275 State Highway 371, Nisswa, MN 56472

Phone: (218) 568-4806

• Thumbs Up 3

IceHawk

Good advice Leech I forgot about them up there. 

• Thumbs Up 1