• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

PRO-V

Portable Led Light

PRO-V

I bought my wife an LED light at Home Depot for some project of hers. I paid $22. I tried it out and WOW. I think I'm going to get one for fishing and camping. It will light up my whole living room. Has a USB rechargeable lithium battery and 3 power settings, and it's magnetic. This thing would work great in a portable or tent. 8.75" long. Made by Commercial Electric. Model# WHQ20-40. Check it out. And no, I don't work for them. 

image.png

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

papadarv

If you want to find this 25 Watt LED light at Home Depot use there SKU# 1002141580. Model numbers are meaningless at there stores.

• Thanks 1

Getanet

Does it get hot?  Just curious if it would cause any problems if it was touching the shell of a portable. 

I have the Clam hub light and like it, but it's pricey for a light, and I'm always worried the cord will get ripped out of it. 

A.Wichman

It's LED, no heat coming off of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

PRO-V

I almost bought the Otter light kit but this is 1/3 the price, lights up way more and would fit in your pocket or tackle bag. You could use it anywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Hookmaster

Can you post the approximate run times for the different power settings?

rundrave

here is an alternative, I haven't tried it myself but it also has a fan and a hook to hang. Search for: Amacool Portable Battery Camping Fan with LED Lantern and look for it on the big river site

image.png.d5cb1537169625028a29cf1ab453907d.png

• Like 1

Hookmaster

image.png.a256cffbe7f96aef58f2240bb5b213e9.png

• Like 1

PRO-V
42 minutes ago, Hookmaster said:

Can you post the approximate run times for the different power settings?

High - 360Lm   3.5-4.5 hrs

Medium - 180Lm   7-8 hrs

Low - 38 Lm   32-33 hrs

Also has strobe and SOS functions.

I can't imagine needing to run it on high in a portable. I just went and bought another one.

I think it said it would last 300 or 350 charge cycles.

• Like 1

Johnetx

SUBOOS Gen 2 Ultimate Rechargeable Camping Light and 5200mAh USB Powerbank - (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z5WYESW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_D-Y6DbH7PDMX9

I bought this light late last winter to use in my eskimo popup, hangs from hub with big caribiner, puts off good light. It's rated at 280 lumens for 6 hours,  longer than I'll spend on the ice at night.  Best part though is the lithium batteries are CONSUMER REPLACEABLE!  You can even charge your phone with it in a pinch.  A few weeks ago I put a little led fog light strip on my helix,  spliced alligator clips and will run it off locator battery.  Should really light up the area near the hole.  Cost less than $3

IMG_20191120_213516107.jpg

• l Love It 1

Johnetx

Here's a couple of pics of that light I got on Amazon.

Screenshot_20191206-235913_Amazon.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-235910_Amazon.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-235902_Amazon.jpg

• l Love It 1

delcecchi

Check Harbor Freight or Costco for a variety of LED battery lights...

The little blue ones harbor freight gives for free with coupon work well.   3.99 without coupon.  Run on AA batteries.  

• Thanks 1

papadarv

One could always build on than use your M18 or other drill battery to power. Fixtures are under $10, a reel of 300 50/50 bright white leds <$7 and dimmer for $3. I slip mine above one of the roof supports & put battery in net overhead storage with hat, gloves and coat.

• Thanks 1

jigginjim

i was wondering about a uv light, for fishing, to see float on surface.  I know you legally can't shine the light down the hole but.........