• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best Walleye And Crappie Rod?

Harv

I'm sure this subject has been discussed NUMEROUS times.  

What are you favorite ice fishing Walleye and crappie rod / reel?

Thanks

Edited by Harv

Tuned up custom inferno series in UL for panfish and the M for walleyes. Inline reels like the CGI or decent for the Ul. And a okuma ceymar c10 or Shimano Sienna 1000 FE for the M. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

You will get a million different answers on this one. For walleye I'm a ML guy, unless I'm in hog country like Winnipeg or Erie. For panfish I like a power noodle most of the time.  There are a lot of good rods available now. I want something with a ultra fast tip that transitions into a strong backbone. I would check out TUCR and Thorne brothers as they make really nice rods. The thing with them is they cost $$$. You can get a Jason Mitchell, Wicked 13, or St. Croix rod for a good price and they're all pretty god rods. 

For reels, I'm not a fan of inlines myself. I use Shimano Siennas on all of my rods. Good price and has a bigger spool on them then a traditional ice reel. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

I forgot to mention. For a more budget panfish rod ( crappie/ gill) the 13 fishing tickle stick is a great for deal at $50 but can’t be found around $40 on sale. I’m on my 3rd season and love my tickle stick! 

• I Like it 1