• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Thorne Bros

Truckload Sale - Black Friday Weekend!

Thorne Bros

Stop out the store from November 29 - December 1 for our Annual Truckload Sale!  Great deals on everything in the store and there will be industry reps and Pros on-hand to answer questions and join in on the fun with everyone!

For more info please visit our event page.... Truckload Sale Info - CLICK HERE

Looking forward to chatting with fellow FM/HSO members and stocking up for another ice season and Christmas!!

Thanks for all of the support!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      Anyone want to hit a lake tomorrow at 9-10 am with me? 
    • Wanderer
      Thanks @BRULEDRIFTER, I enjoyed reading his comments and seeing what they DO know.   As far as smallies go: keep some and eat some!  I’ve been a “Bass Guy” and still enjoy them for C&R sport but don’t have an issue keeping some for meals.  And smallies taste great.  They can obviously sustain and probably benefit from it too for size structure.
    • BRULEDRIFTER
      Who did you send it to? 
    • Bucketcastle
      @fishingstar, i forgot you could do that.  Usually if its the same exact sleeping bag, also its rectangular, you could zip them together.
    • fishingstar
      back in the day ms fishing star and I just zipped two sleeping bags together and that kept up us worm.
    • JerkinLips
      Fishing was very good today. Caught 15 eyes but most were small except for the 22" pictures. Rainbows on a plain hook were definitely better than suckers and chubs. 28 fow over mud flat. The best bite this winter has been 11-1. Somebody plowed a road out from McKinley with sidebysides and ATV to tow their house out. Had a tough time plowing. Don't know how good the road is and it will likely drift over tonight with a few inches of snow and some wind. If you use a plowed road tip the plow man to help him out. I have heard that plow people are tempted to plow the road closed for intruders. Good luck and as always be careful traveling on the lake.
    • JBMasterAngler
      I never got a response. Apparently the DNR doesn’t like me.
    • iiccee63
      Hello. I am trying to make this post strictly about these 2 lakes. Please only comment on ice thickness. Thank you.   Linwood lake from the access out is a minimum of 5" until you get out about 100 yards. Then the ice measures 4". Closest to shore froze first and is white ice. Once you get to the nice clear it's thinner. It froze later but is clear awesome ice measuring 4".    Forest Lake #1. North side of lake was 4" of clear nice ice. It froze really good over a week ago. Just got back at 5pm. 12/13. 😁😁😁😁 Iiccee
    • DP
      Currently on Forest Lake (lake one) by the downtown access, measured 9" of ice up to about the weedline, then it tapered down to 5" out in 14' of water. 
    • Wheezy Outdoors
      Ice conditions have varied extremely across the Northland. From smaller lakes laden with slush and heavy snow having roughly 6”-9” of ice, to larger lakes having scant snow cover and moderately fishable ice in upwards of 5”. Although ice conditions have room for improvement, the fishing has been rather exceptional. The early season Walleye bite, is never disappointing to say the least. We are finding them in 6’-12’ of water and also in 17’-28’ on area lakes, working edges of the breaks off of flats or shoreline points. Small Spoons tipped with a minnow head or jigging raps have been the best. Also, try using set-lines with a simple set up, plain hook and a Shiner or Sucker Minnow. Crappies and Bluegills have been good on smaller bodies of water over the basins and along the weedlines. Look to the inside turns or weed points, most productive baits have been tiny spoons or tungsten jigs tipped with Clam Maki Plastics or a Waxworm. As it always is, mobility has been key to staying on active fish. “Hole-Hopping” and moving around following the school has led to the best results. As I write this report the outside temp is currently -9° and with the continuing weather it is safe to say we are going to be making some serious ice this week. So, we are looking forward to the week ahead of us, as ice conditions will continue to improve and become more traversable. Of course, we still advise you to take all necessary precautions, and remember No Ice is Ever Safe Ice.   -Justin and Alice Wiese Wheezy Outdoors Guide Service 218-275-7525