Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

  • Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

      "Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

      Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

      EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

      Have Fun!!!

Bryan P

Getting Ready For Early Ice!

Recommended Posts

Bryan P

It has been a busy summer and haven't posted much but I am excited for early ice this year. Got the gear down and I am ready. Bring on these cold temps ahead! Who else is getting ready? Oh ya, gotta go deer hunting first though. 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlwaysFishing23

For sure I’m ready Bryan! Thinking my first trip out will be around the 16th, smaller lakes are almost all capped but most are not much more than a skim. And medium lakes are still ice free. Look forward to another season of your ice fishing videos! Ooh and you will LOVE that otter Hub! I bought a XTH cabin mid season last year and don’t have a Single bad thing to say about it, just an awesome house hands down. Can’t beat the otter thermal Tec either 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gimruis

Its only a matter of time before someone risks their life to sneak on some early, questionable ice.  Be safe and don't be one of those guys.  The ice will be there until March.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bucketcastle

I was just putting new line on ice reels today.  Getting the gear out of buckets all untangled also.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryan P
On 11/6/2019 at 7:52 AM, AlwaysFishing23 said:

For sure I’m ready Bryan! Thinking my first trip out will be around the 16th, smaller lakes are almost all capped but most are not much more than a skim. And medium lakes are still ice free. Look forward to another season of your ice fishing videos! Ooh and you will LOVE that otter Hub! I bought a XTH cabin mid season last year and don’t have a Single bad thing to say about it, just an awesome house hands down. Can’t beat the otter thermal Tec either 

 

Awesome, I think you should be out by then too on the smaller lakes. I am hoping to get out this weekend somewhere. Film my first ice vid, glad you been enjoying them. Excited to use my Otter too, like you said, nothing bad to say about them. Well good luck when you adventure out and be safe! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryan P
On 11/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, gimruis said:

Its only a matter of time before someone risks their life to sneak on some early, questionable ice.  Be safe and don't be one of those guys.  The ice will be there until March.

 

Agreed, there's going be alot of ice season ahead, no need to be first. Safety first. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bryan P
On 11/8/2019 at 4:19 PM, Bucketcastle said:

I was just putting new line on ice reels today.  Getting the gear out of buckets all untangled also.

 

Perfect, your going want to do that with the cold temps ahead, wont be long. Goodluck this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gimruis
On 11/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, Bryan P said:

 

Agreed, there's going be alot of ice season ahead, no need to be first. Safety first. 

 

Heard there was a group of anglers on URL last week that had to be rescued because the sheet they were on drifted away from the main sheet.  Stupidity

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...