• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dakota Lithium

eyeguy 54

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Sounds like it might reduce the 2000 cycles a bit. I am fine with that. I will be a test subject. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 1

called rep and he said should be fine and it might just not fully charge. doesn't take much juice to run the fl18

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Sounds like it might reduce the 2000 cycles a bit. I am fine with that. I will be a test subject. 

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

called rep and he said should be fine and it might just not fully charge. doesn't take much juice to run the fl18

??????

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I bought one last year for my Marcun lx6.  Very nice weight reduction with loads on power.  Lots of chargers will work.  No need to buy theirs unless you want to.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Borch said:

I bought one last year for my Marcun lx6.  Very nice weight reduction with loads on power.  Lots of chargers will work.  No need to buy theirs unless you want to.

Thx for the feedback Jeff. 

I will cut holes soon enough. I might bring my ice gear deer hunting 

• Wow, ❤ 1

The Energizer lithium has even better reviews and improved technology over the Dakota batteries.  With these batteries its not just about the weight,(although for us run and gun fisherman who might fish 150+ holes in a day with 3 feet of transducer cord hanging out it is really nice).   They outlast the SLA batteries by a significant amount of time.  Not a big issue with the flasher units but for the folks using the larger digital screen units with GPS it allows a full day or two of fishing without worrying about running out of juice.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow, ❤ 1

I really love the ducer holder I grabbed last winter from coby manufacturing. Also for fun I started just putting the ducer about half way down the hole. Works dandy and it really slows down the gills from wrapping around the cord and I don't have to hold the unit up in the air going from this hole to the next one. Saves on the arm also. Probably wouldn't matter if I was 25... LOL 

IMG_1264.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Dang, Dakota batteries,  Elite tech rods & Coby manufacturing.  Is their some New sponsors we should know about?  ?  

Edited by leech~~
  • Yayyyy 3

22 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Nice!

040EF8A4-56C3-4A43-9BA4-03669F0053C4.jpeg

Thought you were going to do a before old battery and after New battery weight for us? ?

This one is 2.2. The other 5.75

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

This one is 2.2. The other 5.75

Not quoted numbers!  Lets see the whole unit with each on a scale pal! ?

• Yayyyy 1

its nice and light.  sold other battery. deal with it. put 5.5 cans of soup in a plastic bag and lift it.  that's the difference

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Saw those at Scheels in St. Cloud this afternoon.  Light!  The sticker shock blew back my hat a little but there’s always at least 1 significant upgrade to the ice fishing arsenal every year.  It’s not my upgrade yet but maybe later.  I was checking for a drill adapter for my new to me 8 inch Nils bit.  I like the 6 so much on the drill but sometimes I want an 8.

Anyone have an extra laying around?!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

54 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I was checking for a drill adapter for my new to me 8 inch Nils bit.  I like the 6 so much on the drill but sometimes I want an 8.

I put my lazer bit on my dewalt brushless the other day with a homemade adapter (piece of pipe and a bolt) tryed it out the other day and was amazed, very smooth setup and since I have the max XR kit I have the nice lithium battery’s ( 2 and 4 ah) so I’m set for first ice drilling. Super light setup. Only downside is I don’t have a size handle for the drill so I just have to be mindful and not break my wrist. 

• Thumbs Up 2

that can be nasty with no handle 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

@AlwaysFishing23 Sounds like some good ingenuity there.  

I found the manufacturer of the unit I have in my 6 inch bit and ordered a new one During breakfast this morning.  Should be good to go.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

On 11/4/2019 at 7:37 PM, Borch said:

How's the performance of the lithium in the cold?

9 hours ago, Vitreus said:

How's the performance of the lithium in the cold?

All batteries are impacted by cold.  But the lithium batteries are impacted less than SLA batteries.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

It appears that the new lithium Ion batteries are going to be coming quickly to market in the near future. Hopefully the price points will go down.  I purchased a NORSK from Reeds, it is a 15AH, and when it showed up via FedEx I didn't think there was a battery in the box, weighs about a pound I guess. Purports to run a unit like a Helix for 36 hours.  We'll see. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

On 11/12/2019 at 6:43 PM, eyeguy 54 said:

that can be nasty with no handle 

I was able to get out for a bit today. Lake had good ice (5-6”) and was able to ice a few nice gills. I did get to drill about 20 holes with the drill/auger setup. Wow is all I can say. Butter smooth and FAST! Very nice, 20 holes and never dropped the battery down one bar. Just pull the trigger and go, no gas no pulling no mess. But I did have a lot of torque to deal with like I expected. The drill did great so I’m going to invest in the clam drill plate and a 6” lazer auger. I have the 8” lazer now so I should have a lot less torque and more holes per charge. As far I know from reading and YouTube the lazer auger (Hand auger) should bolt right on the plate without any other needed adapters? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AlwaysFishing23 said:

I was able to get out for a bit today. Lake had good ice (5-6”) and was able to ice a few nice gills. I did get to drill about 20 holes with the drill/auger setup. Wow is all I can say. Butter smooth and FAST! Very nice, 20 holes and never dropped the battery down one bar. Just pull the trigger and go, no gas no pulling no mess. But I did have a lot of torque to deal with like I expected. The drill did great so I’m going to invest in the clam drill plate and a 6” lazer auger. I have the 8” lazer now so I should have a lot less torque and more holes per charge. As far I know from reading and YouTube the lazer auger (Hand auger) should bolt right on the plate without any other needed adapters? 

Correct did this for a friend of mine and he's super happy. Clam plate, 6 in Lazar mag bit and I think a 20 v brushless dewalt was the combo if I recall. The Lazar mag is great just make sure it's clear ice, if there's any sand in it the blades dull super fast. I use the two stage chipper blade on my gas as I sometimes fish windswept areas by sand and it works well for reopening holes better than the Lazar mag blades

Edited by Kettle
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see reeds has the Norsk 7.5 ah for 70 bucks.  1.3 pounds. Nice!

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, Borch said:

The Energizer lithium has even better reviews and improved technology over the Dakota batteries.  

Do they make a 12v rechargeable lithium battery?  I use their lithium disposables in my flashlights and headlamps. 

I put in a request to Ryobi to make a 12v adapter for their 18v lithium batteries, whether they do it or not who knows.  They already have one that is 110v & 5v (USB), but not 12v for some reason.   Might as well use the lithium batteries I already have, if I can.

• I Like it 1

Oops.  Energized Outdoors.  Not the the bunny version.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

54 minutes ago, Borch said:

Oops.  Energized Outdoors.  Not the the bunny version.

Lol!!! 

Sure gonna make some ice the next few nights, next week looks great ?

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Thumbs Up 2

two trips now. really glad I bought it. another to check out is amped out doors lithium. 6 and 12 AH at a nice price and free shipping. 

• I Like it 1

Amped Outdoors was previously, Energized Outdoors. Matt has great products and stands behind them. Best warrantee in the battery industry. A friend of mine had his replaced, FREE after a year. ☺

• Thanks 1