• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

eyeguy 54

Dakota Lithium

eyeguy 54

anybody use these?  thinking about getting the 7 amp for my fl18

• Thumbs Up 1

Tom Sawyer

Go with the 10 amp Royce. Cats meow dude.  Strong, light weight power all day long.

Go Further.

Last Longer.

Play Harder.   

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Mike89

who carries those???  

Kettle
5 hours ago, Mike89 said:

who carries those???  

Marine General as well as numerous stores online including their website. Wally world sells them as well, everyone I've found is for 99$ for the 10 amp

• Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

7ah on the way.  should be perfect for my usage and 30 bucks less and 2.2 pounds. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow 1

leech~~
3 hours ago, Kettle said:

Marine General as well as numerous stores online including their website. Wally world sells them as well, everyone I've found is for 99$ for the 10 amp

When I saw this post I was like humm, 10 amp?  Then I looked up the price and my 9 amp $19.99 Fleet Farm battery will do fine! 😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

Mike89

thanks!!! I will look into them!!  

• Like 1

papadarv
9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

When I saw this post I was like humm, 10 amp?  Then I looked up the price and my 9 amp $19.99 Fleet Farm battery will do fine! 😉

Leech, your logic is sound. The 9ah lead acid at $20 where weight is 5.7# verses 2.2# on the Dakota Ion at $70, a difference of about 3 cans of beer. If your walking out with a 5 gal bucket of gear 3# might make a slight difference, pulling a 150# sled of gear, 3# has no effect. Only other advantage is recharge time where lead acid takes over night and Dekota Ion about an hour. The fl18 current draw is 200ma so both 9a batters will run about 40 hours. An overnight charge once a week on extremely heavy fishing time does not seem like a major inconvenience, you gotta sleep once in a while. I'll also go with the  Fleet Farm special, currently in stock at the Blaine store.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom Sawyer
12 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

7ah on the way.  should be perfect for my usage and 30 bucks less and 2.2 pounds. 

Yeah the 12oz. difference in weight might throw your back out and the performance wouldn't be noticeable either 😆

Edited by Tom Sawyer

leech~~
1 hour ago, papadarv said:

Leech, your logic is sound. The 9ah lead acid at $20 where weight is 5.7# verses 2.2# on the Dakota Ion at $70, a difference of about 3 cans of beer. If your walking out with a 5 gal bucket of gear 3# might make a slight difference, pulling a 150# sled of gear, 3# has no effect. Only other advantage is recharge time where lead acid takes over night and Dekota Ion about an hour. The fl18 current draw is 200ma so both 9a batters will run about 40 hours. An overnight charge once a week on extremely heavy fishing time does not seem like a major inconvenience, you gotta sleep once in a while. I'll also go with the  Fleet Farm special, currently in stock at the Blaine store.

Oh by all means if you got that kind of cash Diddy-it! 😉

image.png.cc0c2589e6c54741019fd15228cf4a3f.png

• Haha 1

eyeguy 54

3 lbs difference on the battery while hole hopping for big gills and crappies is a good thing. Drill 50 holes and hit each one half dozen times throughout the day. 300 x3 is 900 less pounds I picked up on a typical outing. My arm will say thx eyeguy for being so nice to me. Lol 

• Wow 1

eyeguy 54

Oops. 3.5 difference. Another 150 pounds my arm didn’t have to lift. I like the idea of saving my strength to lift the fish up for pics. Bwa haaa haaaaaaaaaa

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

eyeguy 54

I have an fl18 ultra pak with charger for 300 if anybody is interested. Works perfect. Selling for friend that doesn’t ice fish anymore. 

85B70213-348A-4246-9E99-0E719A6266AD.jpeg

Rick G

Jeez guys, quit being so cheep.... I know some of you spend more than the cost of this battery at the bar every week😂 A battery that will last for years longer and less than half the weight... its a no brainer for those that do a shyt load of hole hopping, imho.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow 1
  • Like 1

eyeguy 54

Indeed!  😂

eyeguy 54

Dakota website you can get 2 7ah shipped for 122.  Good deal find a friend if you guys have any and split the cost 😁😁

• Haha 1

leech~~
11 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Jeez guys, quit being so cheep.... I know some of you spend more than the cost of this battery at the bar every week😂 A battery that will last for years longer and less than half the weight... its a no brainer for those that do a shyt load of hole hopping, imho.

Cheap.    Sounds like a few guys are getting some kick backs from Dakota to shake down fishing wed sites? 🤣

• Wow 1

eyeguy 54

Everyone please buy one so I can go to Hawaii 

• Haha 4

Kettle
25 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Cheap.    Sounds like a few guys are getting some kick backs from Dakota to shake down fishing wed sites? 🤣

Not me leech. I just found pricing, I'm running a 20$ from FF

• Thumbs Up 1

rundrave

do these come with a charger? I think you need a specific type of charger for these in order to not ruin the battery?

• Thumbs Up 1

AlwaysFishing23
3 minutes ago, rundrave said:

do these come with a charger? I think you need a specific type of charger for these in order to not ruin the battery?

Believe the charger is a separate cost ( $15-$20). They don’t come with it I do believe.  You'll need the special DL charger I know that for sure . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom Sawyer
28 minutes ago, rundrave said:

No they do not....yes you need a lithium charger. Technology similar to drill batteries, thus greater performance. Don't be cheap and use a regular charger; decreases battery life and performance. It will cost you more in the long run!!! Ask eyeguy at the end of the year......

Edited by Tom Sawyer
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

Don’t need special charger. Already checked

• Thanks 1

Tom Sawyer
1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Drill 50 holes 

Do you even drill 50 holes in a year? LOL!!!!!

eyeguy 54

Usually one hole per outing is all I need. I am a fish magnet and they come to me

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1