• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

It is certainly shaping up to be an early ice season! 😁 Ditches and small ponds have been skimming over the last few nights, but today they stayed frozen throughout the day. Next week highs below freezing, and overnights in the low teens. I better start getting my gear ready!

• Thumbs Up 3

fisherjmb

Way too early to be talking ice fishing, in my opinion, but what can do, can't control the weather...yet...😁

• Wow 1

Sculpin

There will be plenty of places to walk out come Thanksgiving. Not a warm day in sight.

• Thumbs Up 2

JBMasterAngler

Checked the forecast again, and while still quite cold, the projected temps did go up a couple degrees. Lows tonight will be just  a tad below freezing. SiriusXM already started playing Christmas music today! So that’s another step closer to ice fishing season  🥶

• Haha 1

monstermoose78

I hear ya JB I am going to get the ice gear ready on Saturday but Sunday I am killing ducks 🦆!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanderer

We walked on ice to set decoys today in Nodak.  Been tough to find open water anywhere but big lakes.  Today things opened back up a little but it hasn’t made the hunt easier for us.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

monstermoose78

I can say mille lacs bays are starting to freeze

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

gimruis

The muskie guys are out there right now chasing big foot because the cisco/tulibee spawn is going.  Their days are numbered though.

• Thanks 1

Rick

November 7th, 2019 6:40 am

Screenshot_20191107-064040_WeatherBug.thumb.jpg.e1c5b1943e32c169cf325004be92e388.jpg

• Wow 1

Wanderer

9 degrees this morning in Little Falls.  My dreams of duck hunting this deer opener are in serious jeopardy. 😨

There are people ice fishing on Devils Lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

wont be long :) :) :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Tom Sawyer
43 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

wont be long :) :) :) 

Mud Lk, here he comes 😆

AlwaysFishing23

Here in central MN, Monday most of everything was still ice free but with last nights low of 10 most bigger ponds, smaller lakes and bays are capped today. Same for tonight a low of about 10. We have a slight warm up Friday and Saturday then come Monday with lows in mid single digits and highs in the mid teens a lot of these body’s of water that capped last night should darn near be walkable. Next weekend the 16th is looking real good for walkable ice, but next Monday is possible to get out for the first trip of the season as well!

eyeguy 54
2 hours ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Mud Lk, here he comes 😆

probably take rick to the giant gill lake up north first.  maybe pull an 11 incher thru the ice. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Tom Sawyer

Yikes, stay dry. The ice in there is always sketchy, even during a normal water level year. The main lake should be interesting with all the new weed growth added. Lots of potential hot spots out there marked on the Humminbird.

Chris, Joe and I will keep an eye out for you Royce 😆 😆 😆!!!

Kettle

Did a few drive by's today, significantly different from the ones I saw working inner city on the ambulance. Swan Lake in Pengilly is open, snowball by Calumet is open but a few small lakes north of Nashwauk are locked. Two spud hits and I was through, not this Saturday but the following I'll definitely be out

Kettle 

• Thanks 1

eyeguy 54
1 hour ago, Tom Sawyer said:

Yikes, stay dry. The ice in there is always sketchy, even during a normal water level year. The main lake should be interesting with all the new weed growth added. Lots of potential hot spots out there marked on the Humminbird.

Chris, Joe and I will keep an eye out for you Royce 😆 😆 😆!!!

dreamer. this lake has a big gate just like nicks.  Ha!

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1

monstermoose78

I like gates eyeguy

• Haha 1

Rick

Reports of Lake Vermilion having 3-4 inches on Pike Bay.

JBMasterAngler

Driving home from work this morning, it looked like Clear Lake was about 90% ice covered. Forest Lake looked to be a little more than 50% ice covered. Ice didn’t stop someone from going duck hunting this morning. Seen a broken trail of ice going out to his decoys. 

I’m sure we’ll hear about someone falling through the ice this weekend, unfortunately. Luckily, with the deer opener, it will keep a lot more impatient people off the ice.

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
On 11/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, Wanderer said:

9 degrees this morning in Little Falls.  My dreams of duck hunting this deer opener are in serious jeopardy. 😨

So I wouldn't see you causing road blocks in the woods this year? 🤭

Wanderer
36 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

So I wouldn't see you causing road blocks in the woods this year? 🤭

I don’t cause ‘em, I just clear em’ 😏  I’m doing everything in my power to avoid the MN FA deer season this year.  Got mine in the cooler already anyway.

• Haha 1

monstermoose78

Heard 3-4 inches on some lakes but I can’t prove it as I am at deer camp

• Haha 1

Wanderer

Been hearing about the same.

Mike89

heard this morning a guy went thru the ice in Isante county yesterday...  he's safe but wet...

Edited by Mike89
  • Wow 1