• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

smurfy
3 hours ago, roony said:

I know what you mean eyeguy but if you cry wolf too often people don't pay much attention any more. Any time you are on the ice, in a boat, or in the woods you have to use good judgement, it's just that simple. 

Kind like the weather terrorists.🙄😉

gimruis
16 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

all ice fishermen are not as brilliant as you guys. I like it when they make announcements.  nothing wrong with giving out advice when it's the advice givers that end up saving lives when c.r.a.p happens. 

Well played

• Haha 1

DonkeyHodey
15 hours ago, roony said:

I know what you mean eyeguy but if you cry wolf too often people don't pay much attention any more.

People make the same complaints about severe weather warnings.  When the siren blows, I go in my basement and don't throw a fit when I emerge to find no damage...

FWIW, I suspect vast majority of injury/fatality involving ice was a person that was quite convinced they "knew" the lake/safety/conditions...

The DNR/sheriff's department are "advising"--They aren't barricading access.  There's no harm in advice--it's basically take it or leave it.

(Although, From my personal perspective, Sheriff/DNR advice does present a formidable barrier:  Normally, I don't listen to advice and know everything; When I'm ready to go out on the ice but my WIFE hears the warnings, then that provides the uncrossable barrier keeping me off the lake...  Statistically married men live longer and this is part of the reason why...😊)

DP

Currently on Forest Lake (lake one) by the downtown access, measured 9" of ice up to about the weedline, then it tapered down to 5" out in 14' of water. 

• Thanks 1

JBMasterAngler

Seen a couple trucks out on forest lake this morning. 

• Thanks 1

RonZ

11" today on pokie. No slush and hardly any snow. 1 suv drivin around.

• Thanks 1