• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

Yeah skogman lake that’s a deeper lake

• Thumbs Up 1

JBMasterAngler

I knew it would happen. Highs above freezing on Friday and Saturday, with windy conditions. Makes you wonder the thought process of this guy.

JBMasterAngler

Despite getting down to 11 degrees last night, clear and forest lakes had more open water this morning than on Friday. Need the wind to disappear.

Edited by JBMasterAngler
  • Wow 1

Mnfisher

Heard a rumor that someone went through the ice on Skogman.  Anyone know for sure?

Mnfisher

Just saw the report

monstermoose78

Yes someone went through on skogman

• Thanks 1

JBMasterAngler

Clear and Forest Lakes still had some open spots scattered around this morning. I’m sure the smaller, shallow lakes are locked up and making better ice, but I’ve officially decided not to go out this weekend. With the snow covering up potential bad spots, plus above freezing temps, I will happily wait another day. 

• Thumbs Up 2

gimruis

They're talking mid 40's all week and potential rain on Wed night.  Lets be smart about this people.  Winter will be here until March.

AlwaysFishing23
28 minutes ago, gimruis said:

They're talking mid 40's all week and potential rain on Wed night.  Lets be smart about this people.  Winter will be here until March.

Yes this is correct. Wednesday is looking nasty for the ice. Around the first of dec temps start to fall again but not a whole lot. The ice May start to weaken and not be so great😬

Wanderer

Took a drive up to Leech yesterday evening.  Saw people out on about a half dozen lakes along 371.  Hole in the Day bay on Gull was wide open though.

Conditions obviously varied so don’t make any sure plans just yet.  It’s still a small/shallow lake game.

• Thanks 1

iiccee63

Forest lake has good 2 inches Wed. Small open spot on lake 1.

Linwood completely locked up and about 3 inches. 11/20

• Like 1

JBMasterAngler

Lake one of forest is probably about half open now. Lots of other open spots throughout lake also. Looked like every swan in the area was hanging out on the north end of peltier lake. 

• Thanks 1

gimruis

I drove pat Big Lake on Monday afternoon and virtually the entire lake was ice-free.  There was about 800 geese and a couple hundred mallards sitting out there.

• Thanks 1

AlwaysFishing23

We’re still looking ok here in central MN. Lakes are still locked up. Only thing that opened back up is the Mississippi earlier this week. The ice on most lakes is honey combed on top but about half way down it firms up and is fine. Still 4-6” most places. Can tell the ice is definitely not as strong as it was last weekend with the warm Temps this past week. Jump up and down on the ice and the water is moving in the hole some, didn’t do that last weekend. Gonna skip this weekend but can hopefully get back out next weekend. Sounding like most south of here are either very little ice if any and if there is some it’s not close to safe. 

• Thumbs Up 2

JBMasterAngler

Forest Lake finally froze over. Nice smooth sheet. Swans and geese still had a spot or two they’re keeping open.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

iiccee63

I will be checking ice thickness today on Linwood and Forest Lake 1.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

iiccee63

Forest lake #1 has this perfect clear ice. I didn't realize that the lake had actually opened up 80% at some point a week ago or so. It refroze perfect. 3 inches of ice. Didn't walk way out but, a guy that lives there told me it locked up in one day so I figured it must he even. Not fishing on 3". Next weekend we will be good!

Linwood lake was 4". However clear ice with no.snow on it way out there I'm guessing is maybe 3. Not even trying. Going to fish today on ice with snow on it. That's about it....can't wait for next weekend. Should be good everywhere.

• Like 1

JBMasterAngler

Few people fishing on forest this morning, off of #2 access. They weren’t out very far, leaving me to believe the ice wasn’t very thick.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1