• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking For Bare Land Next To Lake

Is there a certain lake you want to be on or just in the area?  Long lake by Vergas had some lots on the South Side.  First thing I would do is contact a local realtor and I'm sure they would point you in a direction.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Joe
      By Joe
      2020 Ottertail-Battle Lake-Perham-Fergus Falls area Fishing Reports - Click Here.
      Click Above for 2020 Fishing Reports↑↑↑↑
      2009 - 2020  Ottertail-Battle Lake-Perham-Fergus Falls area Fishing Reports are below ↓↓↓↓ (Over 25 pages of 25 posts per page).

Go ahead and post fishing reports and conditions in this thread.

Lot's of good info below already. Newer Reports are on pages that follow.

Be sure to give back and share your fishing reports here as well.

Thanks.
    • Buzzbait Brad Ohio
      By Buzzbait Brad Ohio
      Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. I am a member of Ohio Game Fishing forum and an Ohio citizen. I'm coming to visit a friend and stay in his lake house at the end of July. I have a few questions. 

Ill be fishing Long Lake near Erhard, Minnesota. I'd  like to know if anyone could give a detailed fishing report of that lake. 

Also, I'm trying to plan a river float on the Ottertail River and I can't find a public access map. Can anyone help with that? With smallmouth being my favorite species to target, I'm really hoping I can catch some of these great northern smallmouth I keep hearing about and also hoping I can find a launch point and take out point for me and my kayak. 

Thanks! 
    • MI Friend
      By MI Friend
      Since the dog days are here not seeing many posts.  This is a great resource and palce to communicate so lets use it.  Back to Breezy Point and  Detroit Lakes starting August 28th.  Best to all! 
      Love MN! Good people. 
    • myfishisbigger
      By myfishisbigger
      Hey all i'm a new fisherman to the round lake area as my parents now just got a place up on tamarac resort. 2 weekends ago i went out there and did some fishing and caught a total of 3 northern by trolling cranks. I figured it might be too soon to be trolling cranks since the fish aren't moving as much yet but if there is any suggestions for this lake since its a big bowl on how to fish it i'm totally all ears lol. I have been trying for walleyes on the lake and would like to keep trying for that so when we come up there for the 4th i was thinking about switching over to jigs and minnows and try that out. Thanks for anyones help on this matter.
    • Jim Panfish Uran
      By Jim Panfish Uran
      The crappies are going pretty good now, some lakes they are on the beds and some lakes are seeing a solid post spawn bite. Evenings from shore, fishing the inside weed edge has produced some awesome fishing. Slip bobbers and shiners have produced best for me!

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• scrapeliner27
      Are these shells still for sale?
    • monstermoose78
      Finn and Hazel watching me like a hawk as have treats.
    • monstermoose78
      I heard some divers are showing up so I will go try for those
    • Wanderer
      Keep looking and sooner or later even a blind squirrel finds a nut.
    • Wanderer
      Very, very few ducks in Ely today.  4 grouse seen with only 1 coming back to camp.   I literally saw more fish today than birds.  And I skipped the fishing gear this time! 😒
    • monstermoose78
      Finn and I hiked the river in Sherburne and only saw 5 swans. 1000 cranes and not one duck or goose.  Saw some guys looking in the grass and they said they dropped a woodduck and Finn found it for them. Boy Finn was mad when I gave them the duck. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Fished Black Brook Flowage (Apple River) today. This is my kinda lake! Very few houses, small little boat launch. Only caught 2 little pike. Missed a small Muskie, and seen a mid 30’s hovering under the boat. Was tough dealing with the wind, but I like this place. Fishing below the dam with waders is a possibility also. 
    • Wanderer
      I’d like to know what you have also.
    • jerkin'm
      I posted some of my not needed ammo on IDO…I could use some steel if you have it too…
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A really good week of fall walleye fishing.  Big numbers of fish being caught.  It should only improve as water temps get cooler.  This fall has been unseasonably warm. Big numbers of walleyes and saugers are set up along the south shore and anglers are catching a lot of fish.   Most anglers are anchored up and jigging with a fathead or emerald shiner.  Live shiners are available and effective.  There are still a lot of walleyes being caught on spinners with minnows surprisingly.  Trolling crankbaits has also been catching a lot of fish. The best reports are coming from 18-28 feet of water across the south shore in areas such as Pine Island, Morris Point, Zippel Bay, Graceton Beach, Long Point and Rocky Point.  Various schools within these depths.  In addition to walleyes and saugers, pike, jumbo perch, sturgeon and even a few crappies are in the mix for walleye anglers.  On the Rainy River...   Emerald shiners continue to run in the Rainy River and more and more walleyes are entering the river each week.  Fishing has picked up but most believe when water temps reach the 40's, it will get even better.  Currently, temps are in the low 50's. Jigging with a frozen or live shiner, is the go to method.  Emerald shiners are tough to beat this time of year.  Some reports of big fish being caught, but not in big numbers... yet.   Sturgeon activity continues good.  A gob of crawlers and/or frozen shiners on a sturgeon rig (18 inch leader made of 60lb test, circle hook and a 2-3 ounce no roll sinker) is the ticket.  The catch and release season continues through April 23, 2022. Up at the NW Angle...   Fall fishing up at the Angle continues to be excellent.  Most anglers are using a jig and minnow or jig and plastic.  Some strong reports with warmer than normal water of spinners with a minnow or plastic being the hot bait.  Gold, pink and/or glow colored jigs and spinners are doing well.  Reminder, no live, frozen or dead bait being able to be transported over the border from the U.S. into Canada, consequently anglers boating into Ontario waters reporting various plastics on their jigs and spinners working great. Various areas of structure such as points, reefs and sandy areas in neck down areas continue to hold good fish.  12 - 26 feet is the range depending upon the spot.   Big crappies are in their fall spots and being caught on jigs and minnows in 25-30' around various structure. Muskie anglers report good fishing overall.  Trollers reporting mixed results.  One day is great, the other not so much.  Covering water trolling is a strong fall muskie technique and should get better as water cools.    Travel to and from the Angle via vehicle through the 40 miles of Canada is open.  Boating into Canadian waters is now open.   Charter boat transport and float planes are still available through the LOW Passenger Service and Lake Country Air.    

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.