• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• smalljaw
      By smalljaw
      Finally, a rain free day on Rainy Lake.

• smalljaw
    • Topwaterordie
      By Topwaterordie
      Anyone got any place that they would like to share with me to catch walleyes from shore. That is good anytime of the season.
      Preferably public land. I've got bad hips and cant be lifting my canoe any longer, so Im stuck to fishing on the shore. If you have
      any ideas of places let me know. Id be grateful for the advice.

Minnesota or North Dakota advise welcome.

Oh, Ill be fishing at night mostly. Ill be using live bait, Chubs and leeches.

Thanks!
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
    • John Schulz
      By John Schulz
      Looking for some fun easy Shore fishing spots. New to fishing as an adult, only fished when I was 10-13 in scouts. From California having moved to Moorhead Oct 18, just got fishing license for my wife and I. 

Bought some poles and gear and just wondering if anyone can point me in the directions of some great spots to fish off shore, as we do not have a boat. 

Thank you. 
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      Day 1 up on Flag Island Resort brought us many Walleye, Sauger and Perch on the Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods. Day 2 however we went into the Canadian water to fish an area that has Walleye, Perch, Sauger and some REALLY BIG Crappies! This plan and location did not disappoint - I won't be forgetting this day on the ice!

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A group of us recently made it up to Flag Island Resort for 3 days of multispecies ice fishing on Lake of the Woods. The accommodations and folks who worked at the Resort were top notch! Bending over backwards to put you on fish and make your trip one to remember.

The Fishing - Day 1 it was decided to stay, somewhat, close to the Resort in the MN side of LOTW to target Walleye, Sauger and Perch due to 24+ hours of snow. We got into pretty good numbers of fish and some quality fished showed up as well! Below is a video of that action from Day 1.

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      A group of high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip each year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy, $500 Cash and call themselves "Mr. Walleye" for the next 365 days. The Largest Perch and Heaviest Eelpout/Burbot also take home prizes. I didn't have the camera's rolling on Day 1 (which was lights out) but on Day 2 of the trip we were filming. It was fun day and I even caught my new Personal Best Perch!

• MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      @bassfshin24 and I snuck up to Mille Lacs for 2 days of fishing recently. We were targeting Walleye near shallow structure in the low light hours and bumping out a bit deeper during mid-day. The first day was slow for us but we found more action on Day 2 including my 2nd biggest Walleye through the ice. I also caught my first tagged Walleye! Pay attention for my slip and fall...

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      hey guys....i think its making ice!!!!!!!!!!👍   sorry its been quiet here!!!!!!
    • papadarv
      Stopped by Fleet Farm today, picked up new FL-8se. Super quit running. Tested current uses 200ma set at 20ft. Increases to 224ma with Gain set to max. Uses less power when set to deeper depth - 120ft only draws 150ma.  
    • Hoey
      Hey - She looks to be locked up.  Let the fishing begin!!!  From today the satellite shot.  This is no indication of ice thickness.  Have fun and be safe.  Reports of ice only 2 inches thick in areas.  
    • Barbelboy
      looks like with the cold weather this week some operators will be allowing 1/2 ton trucks out. i'm coming up this weekend with my kids. Will still bring the wheeler just because the drama associated with a sinking vehicle and 2 kids would be a bit more than i want to handle.  I always loved using the waskish minnow station. i had some great adventures out there. But i never did see one of those seals you talked about. 😁
    • SkunkedAgain
      Do I dare ask if it's local steel? 🤪   It's good to see some progress.
    • tinker
      You also might want to check out Elephant and Blackduck . 
    • steeplechaser2
      You take care, Kelly!  My boys will never forget the early trips with you.  We have continued the tradition with Johnny.  I'm not sure how many years in a row it has been, but it's gotta be at least 16 or 17 years.  
    • iiccee63
      I will again be going out and checking ice this Friday 4pm on Linwood and Forest Lake #1. Will report when I get back.💥💥💥💥
    • steeplechaser2
      darn!  
    • mbeyer
      A new lake...... does that mean you’ve fished Vermilion?   i can’t comment on Pelican. But, I’ve spent many seasons fishing Vermilion for bass. I’d consider( any many others more in the know) Vermilion as a premier bass lake.