• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

tacklejunkie

Anybody Been Out On The Reservoirs North Of Duluth?

tacklejunkie

I went out once  this fall and did OK  trolling spinners with minnows but the weather has been so lousy this September. If it doesn’t improve in the next week I may just winterize my boat and go into  hibernation

Edited by tacklejunkie
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

LoonASea

Normally when the leaves are changing the walleye bite gets hot along with a few nice crappies jigging with plastics ,,,, Have not hit Island Lake yet this fall but I have since moved to Iron River and its a bit of a jaunt to get there ,,, I wont winterize my boats till November 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

hayseed

I was on Fish Lake last week and found it really slow. Water was 63 degrees and found no crappie schools yet. Also could not troll up anything. Have not made it out since the weather turned to crap. 

• Thanks 1

tacklejunkie

Fish and Island have been slow. Did better on the Rainy River this fall. Time to put the boat to bed

• I Like it 1

JBMasterAngler

Is the boat launch by the dam on Boulder Lake the only place to access the lake in the winter time? The map on lake finder shows a county access on the east side of the lake. Just wondering if that, or any other winter access exists. 

BRULEDRIFTER

Silver Fox Lodge. $5/vehicle

JBMasterAngler

Thank you! 😉

JBMasterAngler

Well, gave Boulder a try today. Went out from the dam access. Some open water behind dam. Couple trucks drove out 😬 I did not! Foot travel, and not knowing anything about this lake made for great day to enjoy the weather. Only caught 1 perch and 1 walleye. 

73405669-5446-49E3-A68E-17DE671153C9.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

Rick

Nice catch! 😁

• Yayyyy 1

biff

At least you didn't get skunked! Always fun trying someplace new.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• ANYFISH2
      Lots of birds have been visible the last week here.  It is like the just flipped the switch.  Mostly been seeing groups of 3-4 males and 4-5 hens together.  4 or 5 groups on my travel from Cushing to Little Falls.
    • ANYFISH2
      I don't think the Regulations with effect people coming to the lake to fish.   Mille lacs has been plenty busy over the last decade of less ideal regulations. I suppose some people are not staying at resorts here, and launch service numbers are down, but the angler effort is still there.  Seems everyone has a 18ft boat that can handle big water now a days, and all the electronics you want.  People are more likely to drive to and back home as of late. I know a number if people that complain about the regs on Mille lacs but still go a number of times each year because the fishing is fun there for numbers and size.   The tourism business is fine, if your business model fits today's traveling angler.
    • Kettle
      The University of Washington's projection that was in the link updates every four days with an update later on today. That is the model the federal government is using. Here is a link talking about the one in MN.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-news/coronavirus-big-differences-in-minnesota-model-national-model
    • Mike89
      good common sense things too!!!!  good share Tom!!   
    • whateverisbiting
      Thanks for sharing the link.  Would be nice if they showed projection to date vs real to provide some insight into the ability to project.
    • Wanderer
      Thanks for the reminder of which model Walz is watching.  I’ll look it up.  The one I posted the link to was from the University of Washington.  I don’t get to see all of Walz’s press conferences but catch them if I can.  I’m on the weekly MDH call, along with a few others several days per week, and in multiple meetings per day.   Drinking from a fire hose has taken on a whole new meaning.   By the way, I’m posting on my lunch break from cutting down some trees today.  I’m wearing the appropriate PPE.   And now on a break from the roof tear off of the bunk house I’m refurbishing.  Not making light of the COVID-19 situation, just pointing about every day life type things that can be hazardous to our health or plenty safe if done properly.
    • Kettle
      Walz is basing his data off of the Malcolm model which was derived from by biostatistitions here in MN. He believes our peak is Early May-Early June.  I don't think fishing opener will be canceled but recommendations for less travel will probably be stated. 
    • Tom Sawyer
      https://www.kxl.com/19-things-you-should-stop-doing-at-the-grocery-store-in-the-age-of-coronavirus/
    • my4x4yj
      I understand the concern about the disease and live with a very concerned wife, one that hasn't seen her mother in over a month, one who won't leave our homestead and sends me out to get our perishable groceries once a week. I then come home and put my clothes worn into the wash and then take a shower. I am fortunate that I live more than four miles from town and have the acreage that can wander on and be outside but to maintain my mental health I also need that joy of fishing so will carefully chose where and when I do so. I have enough equipment to fish for a very long time without having to go to a store for anything but fuel. I hope there is no delay in the opener, it can be done with very little contact of others if one plans ahead and pays attention. I also know that I am fortunate in this because I have achieved over my 60 years, a paid for home, no debts and a diligent saving habit. We all have no choice but to weather the storm, how we come out of it in the end is going to be the big unanswerable question. Forced further shut downs in my opinion will only create a heightened level of civil unrest an more resistance. The resorts may be open but when restaurants, cafes and their own dining facilities shut down, how can they host anyone, Not all of them have self contained cabins and rooms.  
    • smurfy
      🤣😜😇

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.