• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Raymond Arlan

Insulation Paint

Question

Raymond Arlan

Looking for some advice guys... I just bought a very nicely home-built 6 by 9 stationary fish House. 2 by 2 steel frame Construction, crank Downs, articulating hitch, and spray foamed inside. I'd like to paint the spray foam inside the house, everything I'm hearing is water-based spray paint... Which is very hard to find and expensive ....has anyone had experience painting spray foam with a paintbrush? I just don't want to make a mess...

4 answers to this question

delcecchi

Shouldn't the foam be covered with something first?    At the least an "ignition barrier"?   

sunniewally

Depends just how fussy you are? I used a paint brush to redo the lower half of my zack shack I thought it worked just fine. Used a water based paint.

leech~~

The reason their saying to use a water base paint is most of the other spray propellants and canned paints are solvent based and can eat the form. 

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
12 hours ago, leech~~ said:

The reason their saying to use a water base paint is most of the other spray propellants and canned paints are solvent based and can eat the form. 

Foam!  dyslexia bast-ard!  😄

• Thumbs Up 1