• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Raymond Arlan

Insulation Paint

Question

Raymond Arlan

Looking for some advice guys... I just bought a very nicely home-built 6 by 9 stationary fish House. 2 by 2 steel frame Construction, crank Downs, articulating hitch, and spray foamed inside. I'd like to paint the spray foam inside the house, everything I'm hearing is water-based spray paint... Which is very hard to find and expensive ....has anyone had experience painting spray foam with a paintbrush? I just don't want to make a mess...

4 answers to this question

delcecchi

Shouldn't the foam be covered with something first?    At the least an "ignition barrier"?   

sunniewally

Depends just how fussy you are? I used a paint brush to redo the lower half of my zack shack I thought it worked just fine. Used a water based paint.

leech~~

The reason their saying to use a water base paint is most of the other spray propellants and canned paints are solvent based and can eat the form. 

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~
12 hours ago, leech~~ said:

The reason their saying to use a water base paint is most of the other spray propellants and canned paints are solvent based and can eat the form. 

Foam!  dyslexia bast-ard!  😄

• Thumbs Up 1