• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Celena

Best Line Counters - I Want To Ask Some Information

Celena

I bought a couple Okuma Magda Pro 20DX line counters. They have worked great with a couple 7ft ugly sticks for planer board rods, and some 8ft 6in okuma dipsy rods.

I was just wondering when it comes to line counters what do most of you use?

Tom Sawyer
2 hours ago, Celena said:

I was just wondering when it comes to line counters what do most of you use?

Capture+_2019-09-18-16-50-06.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Borch

I use primarily daiwa Sealines and upgrade the drag disks to carbon fiber drag disks.

I do use Okuma Convector line counters on some of my salmon rods.  The magnas are just too cheaply built to hold up for salmon.  Probably just fine for walleye, pike, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

AlwaysFishing23

I’ve used trolling combos for the last couple years. But a few weeks ago I finally got the money to buy my own. I went with the okuma classic pro trolling rod and paired with a okuma magda pro 30. It was alright but a few days later I ended up returning the Magda and getting a daiwa acudepth plus 47 LCB.WAY better real! I think In the end I ended up paying like $5 more for the accudepth as it was on sale at the time. I’d by another accudepth in a haeartbeat. Awesome real for the price hands down.

• Thumbs Up 1

PRO-V

I have a Daiwa SG27-LC that has nearly 20 years on it. Still works perfect and outlasted other reels.

• Thumbs Up 3

jigginjim

I have a Daiwa SG27-LC on 7ft St.croix  rods and a SG57-LC with leadcore on a 7, 6inch rod. 

• Thumbs Up 1

LoonASea

I have 18 Daiwa accudepths and 8 sealines,,,, Swapped out all the drags to carbon fiber and have no reason to upgrade to Shimanos ,,,YET!!!!

If I had any magda's they would be used for structure on the bottom of the lake 

Edited by LoonASea
  • Thumbs Up 1

ozzie

I have a Jason Mitchel walleye trolling rod and paired it with an Okuma cold water CW-354DLX.  Very slick combo!!  I will be looking for another set up similar to this!!