• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Huskie

Lottery Permits Area 169

Huskie

Anyone know when the antlerless permit come out?  We hunt 169 and only 500 are to be issued this year, getting a little curious. It's been a tough hunt the last few years.

smurfy

We have 3 in our group of 5 that hunt that permit area also. I heard somewhere in the vicinity of Sept 26th was when some where notified.

• Thanks 1

smurfy

Well I got mine for area 197. Our group in 169 haven't heard anything yet??!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      @AlwaysFishing23 Sounds like some good ingenuity there.     I found the manufacturer of the unit I have in my 6 inch bit and ordered a new one During breakfast this morning.  Should be good to go.
    • eyeguy 54
      that can be nasty with no handle 
    • AlwaysFishing23
      I put my lazer bit on my dewalt brushless the other day with a homemade adapter (piece of pipe and a bolt) tryed it out the other day and was amazed, very smooth setup and since I have the max XR kit I have the nice lithium battery’s ( 2 and 4 ah) so I’m set for first ice drilling. Super light setup. Only downside is I don’t have a size handle for the drill so I just have to be mindful and not break my wrist. 
    • Horseshoe_Don
      Just checked the ice this afternoon and Shoe has 2.5" of ice and is 100% ice covered with some river current areas.  Summer access is no longer open.    I will be starting to ice fish as soon as I am done deer hunting in front of my house.    I predict a limit of walleyes first night out.     Don
    • Wanderer
      Saw those at Scheels in St. Cloud this afternoon.  Light!  The sticker shock blew back my hat a little but there’s always at least 1 significant upgrade to the ice fishing arsenal every year.  It’s not my upgrade yet but maybe later.  I was checking for a drill adapter for my new to me 8 inch Nils bit.  I like the 6 so much on the drill but sometimes I want an 8.   Anyone have an extra laying around?!
    • delcecchi
      Sounds terrific.   Having spent my career in the Tech field I am always cautious as to what startups are claiming.  But more power to them, I hope that they can achieve everything they are aiming for.    15 ms seems really fast.   It will be great if so.      Note, claiming a lot more than can be delivered is not limited to startups.    I have run into it many times inside an established tech power.     Fortunately, we are only like a half mile from the fiber on 24 so our DSL works fine...   Before that we had access.  Before that we had 26k dial up.     
    • CigarGuy
      Here you go. Took this on the way out of town today. Hopefully, you can zoom in on it!
    • eyeguy 54
      its nice and light.  sold other battery. deal with it. put 5.5 cans of soup in a plastic bag and lift it.  that's the difference
    • leech~~
      Not quoted numbers!  Lets see the whole unit with each on a scale pal! 🤨
    • chucker1101
      15 ms round trip from/return to space is what SpaceX is claiming now. Pretty impressive if it pulls off.   The issue with Hughes is the position of orbit of the satellite. Hughes satellites are in Geo-synchronous orbit with the earth, which means the satellite's orbit moves at the exact same rate as the earth turns. That way the satellite remains at relatively the same spot over the earth. The trouble with geo-sync orbits is that they are a long ways away. 22,500 miles, give or take. That's a long ways for a signal to round-trip. And there's not really a high-demand capacity solution.   The new constellation model of internet satellites uses a bunch, like say 4000, of really small satellites, about the size of a desk. These are in low-earth orbit, only 150 miles from earth by comparison. Capacity is handled by allowing satellites to share data between themselves. So if one satellite is overloaded, it will off-load data throughput to another close-by satellite via peer-to-peer communication. It's a pretty cool engineering model.   As you can probably tell, this is in-line with what I do for a living. But i am pretty hyped about the possibilities for people like us, who will never have optic cable strung to our remote location.