• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Wanderer

2019 Season - What’d Ya See?

Wanderer

Short sit this morning but hey, I got out!  Hope to try sits this evening and tomorrow but I still have house projects to work on.

Got a few shots of adrenaline this morning so that was good!  Hearing, anticipating and actually seeing a couple was a nice start.  I assume they were a doe/fawn pair but couldn’t get a great look at em in brush.  Just passing by.

I was waiting on a buck anyway.  Fresh buck sign along this trail I was watching.

C51A23C6-49D2-4828-8D64-AD55E5E04FED.thumb.jpeg.8821576bcd87dc85c6633b7ea90c3e49.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow 1

creepworm

Went out Saturday morning. Couldn't get to my stands due to the monsoon season we are having, so I grabbed a chair and sat on the ground in some willows. Had a doe with a fawn come out shortly after shooting time. Then a small 1 year old buck. Then a bachelor group of 3 small 1 year old bucks. All the deer at one point were within 20 yards of me while sitting on the ground. Didn't kill anything but it was a good time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow 1
  • Like 1

Wanderer

After spending the past two nights catching up on yard work I figured a sit tonight was earned.  Plus the wind was just right enough for a spot I’ve been waiting to sit.

7DCD3E04-AC4B-4445-AE36-5DA0BE012346.thumb.jpeg.25e027d2e8c1624db21bbf542136a383.jpeg

7 sightings tonight.  3 bucks, 1 doe and 3 I don’t knows.  The I don’t knows were on the other side of the creek and moving pretty quickly north, into the wind.  Didn’t seem any bigger than the others I saw.

The bucks were all basket 8’s, still inside the ears; the doe was probably a 1.5 year old too.  The bucks were 3/4 shed of velvet, some still hanging on.  The doe and one of the bucks were an easy 17 yard poke in my shooting lane.  I said I was going to take the first “adult” buck I saw this year but I guess I was kidding myself. I was enjoying the show too much.  All those deer will get shot around here in the gun season if seen and I’d have been happy with either the doe or the buck come December.  We’ll see if I regret passing.  I doubt it though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

leech~~

I don't see the Deer in the picture?  🧐  😄

Good Luck, sounds like a good spot! 🙂

Edited by leech~~
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Wanderer

Hmm, draw the bow or draw the phone?  Hmmm...  There are a couple dandies in the area so I think I’ll stick with the bow.

Management tag will be bought tomorrow.  I’d like to drop something by the end of the weekend.  Lofty goal maybe but they quit using the area once the leaves really drop so I should just git r done.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

leech~~

You need a Bow cam d'oh!  😄

• Haha 1

Wanderer

Maybe I’ll get one if you get a smart phone! 😁

Edited by Wanderer
  • Haha 2

paceman

Last Saturday, my first sit I passed a young 10 point. Sunday night my son and I sat and saw 8 does and fawns. The fawns were in point blank shooting range but the caging all does just knew something wasn't right and hung back in the brush and slid away. We will be back this evening, and will get out this weekend as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Wanderer

Looks like I won’t git r dun in September like I hoped.  The 3 I don’t knows from Wednesday were spike, fork, six.  I’ve seen the same 6 bucks three times now.  Drew on the tall 8 but he wasn’t clear till 40 yards and I didn’t want to try that in the wind even though everything felt good.  

Another 8 magically appeared in the wide open at 20 yards while I was watching the little 6 below me.  The swirling wind gave me away to the little 6 and he trotted off a way.  The 8 kept looking at him and back under me to see what was up.  I couldn’t get drawn back on him before the 6 pulled him away.

Never thought I’d say it but I need more does. 😃

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow 1

Wanderer

The spot has been drying up with the leaves falling.  Deer are moving later as they do.  I’ve enjoyed watching the deer on my sits but figured my deer hunts are already winding down.  I never did see a larger buck but heard the neighbor got one I’d been hoping for.

Tonight was the night to take one.  And I’m happy to have him.

B84EF7C1-0294-4F55-9670-7ABBE52A652A.thumb.jpeg.4be0e00f88d65d3dd2b08d725a8c4d4b.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3