• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

mbeyer

Coming up October 2-6 to help close a friend's cabin and to fish. Think that is too late? Weather issues? I know fishing will be good, right?

FishinCT

My first trip up this year is going to be the weekend of the 19th so no you're not too late. Weather is always a crapshoot in October but the fishing is always good

• Like 1

delcecchi

Bring longjohns and a good rainsuit just in case.    And remember it gets dark pretty early that time of year...6:40 is sunset....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

PSU

October walleye fishing for me is absolutely fantastic! You may also hit the fall colors if they hold off a bit

• Like 1

chucker1101

Fishing will likely be fantastic; i fish the 1st Oct weekend every year with a group of friends, and we've done really well year-over-year. Big minnow are the keys. Northern suckers are what i'm usually using that time of year. They stay alive in the cold nights really easily.

Be prepared, weather-wise. Last year it was mid 30s for high temp, and a decent west wind. I wore my floatable snowmobile suit  😯

• Thanks 1

SkunkedAgain

Yup, I was going to suggest winter clothes because it's always 10-15 colder than the stated air temp when zipping across water. A facemask is never a bad idea. When it gets in the 30s, I wear my snowmobile helmet to avoid getting a brain freeze.

All that aside, fishing should be good.

• Like 1

mbeyer

One early Oct trip.....

image.thumb.png.442fe2e963d898b7c70e30700dfe63a1.png

• l Love It 1

JV Ham Lake

When do the buoys on the lake get removed?

Fish Head

If I remember right, I believe it's usually around the end of October.  October 2-6 will be cold... but nothing compared to November 2-6. November gets COLD on the water!

• Thanks 1

FishinCT

I was up the week before thanksgiving in 2012. Absolutely gorgeous. 60s and sunny. Up 2 years ago the first week in October and it was 75 and sunny. Last year the same week I had to switch to a spinning reel because my baitcaster froze up. Come prepared for anything!

• Thanks 1

Fish Head
20 hours ago, LBerquist said:

November 5th 2016, deer hunting opener. The water was like glass and the temps were near 70. Had awesome fishing when most people were getting sunburnt in a tree...I'll never forget that day.

I remember that too. It was awesome.

JerkinLips

I remember 2016.  Was sitting in my deer stand in a t-shirt on Sunday, November 6th listening to the Vikings come back to beat the Lions, then shot a 7-pointer listening to post-game show.  Made it out fishing November 8-10 and the weather was still very nice.  Caught many big girls including the two in the first two pictures.  The third picture is from October 14th of the same year when it was not as warm.  October-November weather on Vermilion can be hit or miss, but normally is much colder towards November.

11-08-2016 fish.JPG

11-09-2016 fish 1250.JPG

10-14-2016 fish 1117.JPG

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

leech~~
1 hour ago, JerkinLips said:

I remember 2016.  Was sitting in my deer stand in a t-shirt on Sunday, November 6th listening to the Vikings come back to beat the Lions, then shot a 7-pointer listening to post-game show.  Made it out fishing November 8-10 and the weather was still very nice.  Caught many big girls including the two in the first two pictures.  The third picture is from October 14th of the same year when it was not as warm.  October-November weather on Vermilion can be hit or miss, but normally is much colder towards November.

11-09-2016 fish 1250.JPG

Nice, now where's that Buck picture? 😄

JerkinLips

Not a big buck (140 pounds dressed).  Sorry for diverting the topic.

DSC01991.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Wow 1

mtheis

I remember 2016 as well.  It was so warm that I came out of the woods in my t-shirt.  I only saw a doe and the deer just weren't moving for me.  But I think I would take that than really cold weather anyday!

• Thumbs Up 1

JerkinLips

Colder weather is better for the venison, but the warm days were sure nice for sitting in the stand or in the boat that year.

• Thumbs Up 1