• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Darlene Rosten

Ely Walleye Fishing

Darlene Rosten

Planning on a fishing trip to Ely August 2020.  I would like to stay at a resort,  fish a lake without boat/motor restrictions & fish walleye. 

Bigfatbert

I’m assuming you want to stay on the lake you want to fish . Big lake , Birch lake , White iron lake , Shagawa , or Lake Vermillion might work out for you..

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bigfatbert
      Just curious how many people would like to see this site and this post to pass on a a public service to all during these trying times as we are all in this together !   at a time when so many businesses are pitching in and using their business to help out during these trying times wouldn’t it be nice if that could be done here as maybe a way to get the word out , give tips or ways to help out our brothers and neighbors during these trying times . I’m sure any help would be appreciated .    It would really be sad to see this post  removed by a moderator ..  
    • Bigfatbert
      So great to read this , how so very caring and thoughtful you truly are . thank you for posting this ray guy ! Your fishing buddies are so lucky to have you as their friend and fishing partner . 
    • Bigfatbert
      The city of Duluth is only allowing locals to go go smelting in the rivers . Non local cannot participate due to the Covid19 restrictions , and while smelting all must maintain at least a 6 ft distance .
    • Bigfatbert
      With Covid19 restrictions this holds  true for non family members .   With a 12-17 ft boat no more than 2 people can legally fish from it    With a 18 -23 ft boat no more than 3 people can legally fish from it .   With a 24-30 ft boat no more than 4 people can legally fish from it .   must always maintain at least a 6’ distance  at landings , landing parking lots , docks , while in he boat fishing or moving around  , using a landing net ,..
    • IceHawk
      I know where your coming from always on the water well before sunrise and usally of by 10 or so.  My  buddies always say we know your off the lake and the boats loded as soon as we see the first jet ski or water skier. 😀 Problem so many are so inconsiderate now a days. They see I'm walleye fishing and its like a game to go right by me when they have the whole open part of the lake to tear up. 😡 
    • smurfy
      Poachers caught and more poachers caught by Tom Chapin. Alot of them happened within 60-70 miles of our cabin.
    • dutchboy II
      I hear ya on fishing locally. I only like big water, not for the fish but because I get tired of going round & round like a NASCAR. Also have a very low tolerance for jet ski's, water skiers, speed boats.   Fishing is just something I do while on the water, not the reason I go.
    • IceHawk
      You should know you did it in a few threads yourself 😂 In fact we all have maybe a time or two.  Had to throw that one at you 😉 All in good fun!
    • IceHawk
      I hit Mill Lacs once a summer but it's not a real big deal to miss it. More than likely wont even go this year. Wish I could but may not even have that option with this stuff going on now.   I have lakes near my area that always produce good results if you put in the time to figure them out. Ill fish locally as I almost always  do through the summer just way easier with my hectic work schedule. Many people would be surprised how good of fishing they have close to them if they would only put in the effort and time to learn the lakes near them. Agree with all these bad years with the regulations and now this sad but true some of the mom pop resorts just wont make it to much longer.
    • dutchboy II
      Old thread I know but............   Fascinating thread. Hope I can make a show. Love seeing hand made art.  😃

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.