• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tripp_315

In 20 yrs, I’ve never caught an early June (pre-spawn) smallmouth on these bait son Vermilion.

Which ones have you been successful with (what size/color):

·         Keitech paddletail

·         Gold jerkbait

·         Rattletrap

·         Bladebait

·         Drop-shot

·         In-line spinner

I’m a shallow-water fisherman, and surprised by #1 & 2 have not caught fish for me

~Tripp

delcecchi
51 minutes ago, Tripp_315 said:

In 20 yrs, I’ve never caught an early June (pre-spawn) smallmouth on these bait son Vermilion.

Which ones have you been successful with (what size/color):

·         Keitech paddletail

·         Gold jerkbait

·         Rattletrap

·         Bladebait

·         Drop-shot

·         In-line spinner

I’m a shallow-water fisherman, and surprised by #1 & 2 have not caught fish for me

~Tripp

#3 mepps or vibrax.  works for me.   Gold and black Rapala floater also.   

JBMasterAngler

3” powergrub with overhead spinner. Don’t need anything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      @Pigmeat I’d agree it’s most likely shot.  Is it more than 3 years old?   Go lithium if you can on the replacement, you won’t regret it.
    • Wanderer
      Yah, the LX 3’s had a flaw that was common but easily corrected if the owner took a little effort and sent it back.  The 1’s and 5’s have been pretty bullet proof.
    • mulefarm
      You can park along Minnetonka Blvd.  The enforcement is from May1 to October 1. Just watch for the signs. Also the lot by the pickle ball courts is plowed and open.
    • Hookmaster
      During the summer I've seen rigs parked down by the pickle ball courts to the west of the access. I don't think there is a permit required there but not sure. There were spots open right across Mtka. Blvd. from the access when I've seen rigs by the pickle ball courts. Don't know if it's plowed in the winter. In the attached pic it shows this lot as parking for the Deephaven City offices which are in the nearby. See "P" in the lower left of the pic. Maybe I'll swing by there this weekend and see. I need excuses to exercise the truck.
    • Hookmaster
      Probably. Try charging it and monitor how quickly it comes to full charge. If it does it quickly it's another sign the battery is shot.
    • Pigmeat
      I think I know the answer, but . . . After running for about 3 hours the output on my flasher battery dropped from 12.5v to 10.1v. Pretty much means it's dead, correct?
    • gimruis
      I haven't fished that bay in years.  The times I did go in there I did pretty well though.  The entire bay is minimum wake so there tends to be less man-made waves than on other portions of the lake.
    • Wanderer
      I don’t know dude and I’m not going to debate it.  I’ve never used it and always came in from the lake side to Carson’s and there were always people there.     Besides a certain spot I know in that bay you now know most of what I know about it. 😉
    • gimruis
      That's not the issue.  I'm wondering where people park if they're using the Carson Bay access.
    • Hookmaster
      Marcum is located here:  3943 Quebec Ave N, New Hope, MN 55427 I've owned 3 Marcums for 15+ years, all flashers. Both LX3s had an issue and both were fixed and no issues since. I live close enough so I brought them to their location. One of the LX3s is one I bought off of Craig's list. The guy was selling it cheap because it had an issue. It had the same issue as my other one so I knew what the fix would be. I bought it and dropped it off at Marcum to get fixed. Basically an almost new flasher for about 40% cost of new.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.