• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

SkunkedAgain

I didn't want to hijack the other thread so started a new one. Some folks disagreed with me which is fine. Now I'm curious. What month do people think is the hardest one to catch Vermilion walleye in open water?

• Thumbs Up 1

mtheis

Early July to mid August.  It is just so darn hot and the heat is a killer.  I think the fishing slows down a little as well.  It's hard to be out there when the sun beats on you so hard requiring you to dress for it.

• Thanks 1

PSU

Agree with Mtheis, especially this year though. I haven't been fishing long hours (usually about three in am, a couple mid-late afternoon), but it has been MUCH slower recently for me than usual. I have always bragged that I will always catch at least one meals worth (usually three or four of us) of keepers each weekend we go up. Hasn't happened the last three or four trips....Frazer/Smarts area 

• Thanks 1

chucker1101

Best-to-worst walleye fishing, for the seven open water months on V:

1. October

2. May

3. November

4. September

5. June

6. August

7. July

I rank November down, as i'm including likelihood of weather to knock you off the lake.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fish Head

I totally agree with Chucker that July is the hardest and for me its not even close.  August can have a good lead core bite at times.  

• Thanks 1

BigVwalters

Always have had struggles in July.  Lots of forage to keep them fish full this time of year.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

fishingdad

July for me.   I have had a couple openers that were pretty thin soup as well.   

• Thanks 1

Crawdaddy
Posted (edited)

I love me some dock fishing in July.  Followed up with the lead core in August.

Edited by Crawdaddy
  • Thumbs Up 2