• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

JBMasterAngler

I haven’t fished the “scummy rummy” in Isanti County area in well over 20 years. Since the St. Croix is too high for my liking this week, I was thinking of giving it a try again. What area is considered better bass waters? I think Walbo was the spot I fished back in the day, but I’m sure the river has changed since then.

Wanderer

I haven’t seen it for a while so I couldn’t tell ya for sure, but I bet the Rum is high too with all the rain that’s come through central MN.  I used to live on it near Isanti up til 4 years ago, and have fished it from the Walbo access to nearly St. Francis.  The Miss in Central has been high most of the season so far.

You’d have more back water and oxbows to try on the areas around Walbo and that could be your saving grace if the water is high.  You run out of those once you get down to the Cambridge area.  The flip to that is I usually felt there were more pike and eyes through that range with the bass picking up once you got south of Isanti.

The deer flies will probably be horrendous around this time - FYI.  Just be prepared and you can manage.  Cover your head.  I wore a hoody even in the summer.  I haven’t been in thick deer flies with a HUK mask yet so I don’t know if they can do the same job.

If someone reports the water Is normal and clear, I’d hit it.  If not, I’d pick a lake.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

gimruis

Those deer flies are so bad in the rum sometimes that we have to quit even when the fishing is really good.  I haven't found anything that repels them either (other than covering yourself in thick clothing from head to toe, which I am not doing in the middle of July).

• Yayyyy 1

JBMasterAngler

Yeah, all this high water sucks! I looked up water levels for the rum, it’s currently at 4.65 ft in St. Francis. I’m assuming that’s a little high, but I couldn’t find anything that says what the normal flow is. I’ve been eye balling some lakes also, but I just don’t like fishing lakes when it’s really hot out.

• Thanks 1

rumeye

I live just off the Rum near walbo. Water high deer flies horrible. Yes good smallie and walleye when water down to normal. To high right now in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• IceHawk
      They turned out Awesome !
    • Mike89
      I love chips!! I enjoy good chip dip!!!  and I enjoy cottage cheese!!!  especially the Kemps one with chives!!!  But I'm thinking that is one I'll pass on!!! I would try it if someone made it so I don't waste something by accident!!!  🤪
    • IceHawk
      These are two ways I do my wild turkey both excellent!
    • Dave S
      I have to say wild turkey is my favorite. I smoke mine and love it. I shared some of last years luck with the golf league and it disappeared in no time flat. People who have heard that it's terrible were shocked to see how it turned out.
    • Dash 1
      Faith, family and friends. A great wife of 30 years and 3 great kids, 20 yrs and  2 18 yrs ready to graduate this spring. Still have her parents and my dad and step mom and we visit both as much as we can.  Love to fish together and the kids and I hunt deer every year right outside our door basically. Thankful for great neighbors. Thankful for my job of 29 years.  Thankful for my brother and sister and my two step brothers and step sister. It’s times like these that make us reflect on what’s good in our world.  Thanks Rick for starting this thread. 
    • Borch
      They are a hoot and make some killer stuff on all sorts of grilling/smoking equipment.   I check out their youtube channel all the time.
    • Borch
      I just can't do it.  😁   Mostly because I dont each chips anymore.  😋
    • eyeguy 54
      gonna put this out there cuz it really is good. Lol. Cottage cheese. Ketchup. A little mayo. I have always hated cottage cheese straight but have been eating this since I was a kid. With wavy or regular potato chips. And I still love it!! Lol. I might have to try it sometime with a little bbq sauce. 🤪 
    • Mike89
      no but I want to!!  and I agree on the pork ribs too!!!    the BBQpit boys are funny and I sure enjoy watching their stuff..
    • Borch
      I do a dry rub and coat it in yellow mustard to get the rub to really stick.  I haven't injected any of mine but a lot of guys do.  I picked up an injector a couple weeks ago but haven't used it yet.  Smoke moderate for about 2 hrs at 250-275 degrees,( a little longer if you like a dark bark like I do.)  I wrap mine in foil and put back on the grill to get to temp.  Sometimes I finish them in the oven.   Like Royce said shred with a couple forks when It's still warm/hot.  I keep a little of the rub to mix in once its shredded.   Its delicious!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.