• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunrise River, Trout

History_Geek32

Friends of the Sunrise hear about Dam site projects, fisheries samplings - Chisago County Press - Lindstrom, MN

If you don't want to read what I wrote, just click on the link above to learn about trout stocking on the North Branch of the Sunrise River.

Last fall I talked about the sunrise river (chisago county), to be honest I was kinda annoying. I think you guys didn't understand what I was talking about, that's on me. I didn't describe what I was talking about. I was talking about the North Branch of the Sunrise River, and I think you guys might have thought I was slamming the South (and more popular) branch of the sunrise river. Anyway It's spring and the north branch of the Sunrise river is looking healthy, so I have been trying to find fish there. I have fond a lot of things, crayfish (tons of them), ducks, birds, Frogs, turtles, fat squrals,  and lots of other animals, but no fish. I have seen plenty of stuff for fish to eat, but not a single minnow! And I have been fishing down there a lot, but still haven't even seen a bluegill. Just a few hours ago I hit the river with a small crayfish colored crankbait looking for small, large mouth bass (LMB) or pike, not a single hit. I wouldn't care so much if the river wasn't right next to my house. If any one has caught fish in the North Branch of the sunrise river recently, let me know. I'll get some pictures to show you guys what I'm working with. Most of the river is about four feet deep, you would think that it holds fish, at least bluegill or carp! 

Anyway, back to the real good news, they DNR are going to be making the North Branch of the sunrise river deeper, cleaning it up a little, building some new dams, AND STOCKING IT WITH TROUT. This great, in a few years I'll for sure be able to pull fish out of that river!! If you want to learn more read the artical, link at the top of the page.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
18 minutes ago, History_Geek32 said:

Last fall I talked about the sunrise river (chisago county), to be honest I was kinda annoying. I think you guys didn't understand what I was talking about, that's on me. I didn't describe what I was talking about.

Since it looks like you just joined the site about 49 minutes ago your statement of talking last fall is a bit confusing?  But, carry-on.  ?

I couldn't reamber my password on my other History_Geek account, so I made a new one (History_Geek32) if you search History Geek you might find it.

The trout stocking looks like a long shot at best. Would be a tremendous waste of money in my opinion. I like the idea of the boulder structures though. Personally, I’d love to see the kost dam completely removed.