• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Yetzer2468
      By Yetzer2468
      Hey guys! First post so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong spot. 

I just moved to Elk River, MN and am feening for some fish. I have no idea where to go first but do any of you know any decent spots to get some Crappie or Walleye within a 45 min drive from Elk River? Any spots are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!!!! 
    • CC2501
      By CC2501
      Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me! If not in Carver, than in the nearby area, like Chaska, Jordan, etc. 
    • CC2501
      By CC2501
      Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me!
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
    • MN BassFisher
      By MN BassFisher
      Day 1 up on Flag Island Resort brought us many Walleye, Sauger and Perch on the Minnesota side of Lake of the Woods. Day 2 however we went into the Canadian water to fish an area that has Walleye, Perch, Sauger and some REALLY BIG Crappies! This plan and location did not disappoint - I won't be forgetting this day on the ice!

• Borch
      By Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Hello all,

I am new to the area and don't know where to begin fishing. I'm looking for a lake around Mankato that has walleye / crappies in it. I would like to make it out a few times this fall yet and then hit the ice hard. Any advice on what lakes to start with? There's so many that I don't know how to choose which one to go to. 
    • Jesse Wilkins
      By Jesse Wilkins
      Hey fellas, I developed a free fishing phone app for my fellow fisherman. It’s called FishIQ. I broke down 10 species by their location based on the water temperature. So if you’re looking for quick pointers or interested on where to find other species throughout the seasons give it a try! Hopefully it leads to more fish at the boat!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• gimruis
      Its even better for smallmouth bass.  Our rivers are loaded with them and there's very little pressure.
    • Wanderer
      Almost too nice if weather yesterday and today in this area.  If I were out today with the southern winds/gusts to 30, I’d spend most of the day on my feet.  Good day to still hunt.
    • monstermoose78
      I want to hear details 
    • poliwhirl18
      You're quite lucky. 
    • Kettle
      Although I moved away from the area over 10 years ago I can say without reservation that the rum river has fantastic walleye fishing. There's some pigs in there besides numbers. I've also had really good bluegill fishing there too! 
    • Wanderer
      Any news after day one?
    • smurfy
      i was told that the owner of the bait shop in deer river, george passed away earlier this week. story is they figure the  kids will just close the doors. i'll miss the guy. he may have been a bit more expensive, but his extended hours and honor system made it worth the stop there. one just doesnt see that no more. i'd call him if he wasnt going to be there he'd have what i wanted in his outside fridge and off i went.   and he always was willing to talk..........alot!!!!!!!!!!
    • leech~~
      MRGC, Welcome to the forum.    Not to take this off topic but I have been going by your range there on the end of Monti for over 30 years.  I have always wondered how long do you think your going to be able to keep it open so close to the approaching town before they drive you guys out with safety and noise complaints?  It looks like you guys have done a lot of work with the back stop and other improvements.   Thinking long-term have you thought about looking for a piece of land for a new range before the Anti's try and get you out?   Just a question I have thought about all these years.  Good luck, hope you guys hang for another 30!   🙂   
    • ozzie
      Welcome to the area!  Blue Lake and Green Lake are panfish lakes close by with the occasional walleye to be had in either but with more consistently from Green.  Briggs Lake chain is another good option for both crappies and walleyes and with it being part of the river system some size can be had for both.  Go a little south from there and you can hit up the Annandale area lakes which have walleyes and crappies.  Good Luck and let us know how ya do!
    • MRGC
      2019 Fall Rifle Site-in at the Monticello Rod & Gun Club October 19-20, 26-27 November 2-3. 10am to 4pm $10.00 per gun and $5.00 for additional gun per person. Monticello Rod & Gun Club 1821 W. River Street Monticello, MN 55362 If you need help, members will be available.   www.monticellorodandgunclub.org