• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Wheres_Walter

Walleye still being caught on leeches, or are people seeing a switch to crawlers?  Got some nieces and nephews up this weekend, and would like to help them put a few in the boat.  Thanks, Matt

delcecchi

Anybody see results from the recent tourney on Vermilion?  

james_walleye

Which tourney was that? 

delcecchi

Carpenter's North Star Walleye Classic   July 13

Big fish was 7.6 pounds and some guys from Bemidji won.  That's all I can find out .

http://northcountrycarpenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2019-Carpenters-North-Star-Walleye-Classic-Flyer-and-registration.pdf

Saw a sign alongside the road while driving to 
Tower for groceries..

• Thanks 1

james_walleye

Ya I looked and couldn't find any results either. 

bassbouncer

It was ugly

6FFBC227-57AA-4B0C-A5AA-499046C9A1E5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

james_walleye

Wow that is ugly for sure! 

• Thumbs Up 1

delcecchi

I wonder if there is any connection to the fact that when the dnr guys pull their seine on my beach they get 150 or so nice perch? Run up to 4 or 5 inches.

They seine at a number of places around the lake 4 times every July and have been for many years.   This is way above what I can remember as typical.  And that is without the young of the year which are still too little to show up much. 

• Like 1

DLD24

What kind of structure did you have luck on Chucker?. 

DLD24

Thanks for the info, heading up tomorrow to visit some family, hoping to get on a few walleyes.

chucker1101
14 hours ago, DLD24 said:

Marked a lot of fish on midlake humps, a lot of inactive fish, but the ones that did bite were pigs in 3 hours we got 2 29s,26,24. Man are those fish crazy fat. The 29 was my new PB.

That is a nice fish! Congrats on the PB.

bassbouncer
22 hours ago, DLD24 said:

Marked a lot of fish on midlake humps, a lot of inactive fish, but the ones that did bite were pigs in 3 hours we got 2 29s,26,24. Man are those fish crazy fat. The 29 was my new PB.

20190724_192039.jpg

Nice fish!! Shallow or deep humps?

leech~~
23 hours ago, DLD24 said:

20190724_192039.jpg

Nice fish. But, do you know what happened to the last guy who took a picture with a boob showing! Your going to pay for that!  😅

• Haha 1

chaffmj
21 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Nice fish. But, do you know what happened to the last guy who took a picture with a boob showing! Your going to pay for that!  😅

For a minute there I thought I was on the Frisky Friday thread by mistake looking at something D2E would post! 😀

JerkinLips

Congratulations bassbouncer.  How do they score the 20-26" slot fish when you can't possess them?

roony

That's a heck of a good question

bassbouncer

Catch, picture, release. They have a chart that gives the weight for the fish that you catch. The picture of the fish needs to be with it laying on their ruler which they give you at the start of the day

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

bassbouncer

At the start of the day each boat gets a blank SD card, a ruler, and a couple scorecards to keep track of the fish. Pictures of the left side of the fish are taken on the ruler and the right side of the fish while someone holds it. We needed to bring a digital camera with

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

JerkinLips

Bassbouncer, only the first 5 fish taken in pictures or can you replace  a smaller fish with a bigger one later?  The 44 lb winner is crazy; 8.8 lb/walleye average.

bassbouncer
7 hours ago, JerkinLips said:

Bassbouncer, only the first 5 fish taken in pictures or can you replace  a smaller fish with a bigger one later?  The 44 lb winner is crazy; 8.8 lb/walleye average.

Catch as many as you can and the 5 largest count. I would say that their weight chart is skewed heavier than normal but it’s the same for everyone. In my opinion a 28” fish weighs 8# and their chart has it weighing over 9#. The winners had (3) 27-3/4, (1) 28-1/2, and a 26-3/4

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2