• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

JerkinLips
10 hours ago, redlabguy said:

Jerkin,

What depths and bottom structure worked for you?

Thanks in advance,

RLG

13-15 FOW on soft bottom next to rocky drop-off.  Not that I know what I'm doing, however.

• Thumbs Up 1

Raven77

Nice fish Bill!  I'm going to start following you around 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

BWpineisland

Had a great couple of days in the middle of the lake. Plenty of 15-18”fish and too many little ones to count. Leeches mostly but fish also were active on smaller rainbows later in the day. 

• Thumbs Up 2

CigarGuy

Got 4 more slot fish tonight from 8 till 9:30. All between 21" and 26-1/4". had a nice one on within a minute of getting out there, but I was waiting for a boat to pass before I grabbed the net and lost it.  Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm not, this uncharted territory for me up here 😀. Like I've said before, this lake has humbled me. This is the best wknd fishing in the 6 years we've been up here... gotta enjoy it while it lasts. Heading back to the rat race tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 3

BIGFISH.JZ
Posted (edited)

CigarGuy, I couldn't help but notice that the boat you're using appears to have the junk Merc fuel line that has cost boat owners a boat load of money by disintegrating the rubber liner inside and sending it downstream into your filters and carbs. The Merc is the right vintage and the line is the right (wrong) color. If you can find a speck of red or orange printing on it or if it feels soft when you squeeze it, you should cut it into pieces and toss it in the trash. If you are original owner and know 100% that non oxy 91 octane is the only type of gas ever used, maybe it will be fine. I wouldn't risk it though. Check my 'mercury fuel hose causes issues' thread on equipment and expert information forum for pics from this spring.

Edited by BIGFISH.JZ
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

CigarGuy
11 hours ago, BIGFISH.JZ said:

CigarGuy, I couldn't help but notice that the boat you're using appears to have the junk Merc fuel line that has cost boat owners a boat load of money by disintegrating the rubber liner inside and sending it downstream into your filters and carbs. The Merc is the right vintage and the line is the right (wrong) color. If you can find a speck of red or orange printing on it or if it feels soft when you squeeze it, you should cut it into pieces and toss it in the trash. If you are original owner and know 100% that non oxy 91 octane is the only type of gas ever used, maybe it will be fine. I wouldn't risk it though. Check my 'mercury fuel hose causes issues' thread on equipment and expert information forum for pics from this spring.

It is grey hose, red print on it. So, replace it?  The line and primer ball is firm, when should I spot squeezing it😀. So, replace it?  It's a 2010.  Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

delcecchi
On 6/15/2019 at 10:35 PM, CigarGuy said:

Got my personal best tonight for this lake....27.5"!  My son got a 24, we also got a 17, 20.5", 22". Same area as last night. Fun couple of nights on this beautiful lake.

IMG_20190615_212146543.jpg

IMG_20190615_201133571_HDR.jpg

Ha!  I totally recognize where this pic was taken.   

CigarGuy
1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

Ha!  I totally recognize where this pic was taken.   

I tried not to show you! Looks like a million other shore lines on Vermilion😀

CigarGuy
1 hour ago, CigarGuy said:

It is grey hose, red print on it. So, replace it?  The line and primer ball is firm, when should I spot squeezing it😀. So, replace it?  It's a 2010.  Thanks. Looks like I'm replacing it!

delcecchi
3 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

I tried not to show you! Looks like a million other shore lines on Vermilion😀

Not the one of the younger man....  Kid to me. 

His background is an island..... right?   

CigarGuy
3 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Not the one of the younger man....  Kid to me. 

His background is an island..... right?   

Maybe.......maybe not😀

• Thumbs Up 1

delcecchi
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CigarGuy said:

Maybe.......maybe not😀

I think I lost a prop near there last year.  Cotter pin had rusted out and I didn't notice until boat wouldn't move.... good thing I had a kicker on.  

If anybody hooks a 14 by 21 Suzuki aluminum prop, on the west end, it's probably mine.

Edited by delcecchi
  • Haha 1

CFD200

My second year owning a cabin on Pine Island and this lake is humbling. We did ok Memorial weekend catching many small ones. I did catch my best walleye on the lake with a 24” off the dock. Didn’t do well this last weekend as it sounds I shouldn’t have forgot the leeches in the fridge. I hope to have better luck this weekend. It is still tough to have to come home and go back to work.

• Thumbs Up 3

SkunkedAgain
On 6/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, delcecchi said:

If anybody hooks a 14 by 21 Suzuki aluminum prop, on the west end, it's probably mine.

At least a decade ago, I was fishing in Head O Lakes west off Taylors Island when I got a heavy snag in 35ft. I kept pulling up what felt like a log until it appeared at the surface. It was the underwater power line that I think runs out to the island where everyone fishes muskies. I carefully unhooked my jig and let the line fall back into place in the lake.

I'll keep an eye out for your prop!

PSU

Any recent fishing reports for Frazer/Smarts Bay area. Didn't fish much last weekend (maybe four hours), but it was REALLY slow for me. First time I haven't keep a keeper in quite some time. Depths, technique and bait choice would be welcomed! 

Jetsky

PSU,

Fished the evenings last Th, Fr and Saturday.  The smaller side bays in Frazier with slip bobbers and leeches in about 8 ft of water at dusk.

Thursday night my son and I caught 7 eaters.   Friday night the good news was that three of us boated about 30 walleyes.  Bad news was that only 6 were eaters.   All very small but they were really feeding in the warm shallower waters.

Saturday night was very slow.  Just a few small ones.  I haven't been out the last three days.

I've seen a few mayflys in Frazier Bay but no major hatching yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

PSU

Sounds like the evenings may be best. Unfortunately I am usually into some adult beverages during the evenings....

SkunkedAgain

Wear a life jacket and have a friend/wife/offspring drive you around to the honey holes!

• Thumbs Up 1

PSU

Problem is Skunked, that she (wife)  enjoys the beverages as much as I do!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Uncle Boney

July 13, going to be staying near Muskego Bay in Wakemup Narrows for the first time.  Very familiar with the West End from years past, less so in the Narrows.

Is there an evening Walleye bite somewhere not too far, like between Treasure Island to the west and Knott's Island to the east?  Don't need specific spots, just want to know if the shallows can hold Walleye at dusk in the Narrows part of Vermilion or have they headed out where they can find deeper daytime water?

I was encourage by what Jetsky mentioned in Frazier Bay but that seems to far to go for an evening bite and get back by dark.

Getting older and don't need to adventure too far away.............

Bbobber

Nice fish you got there Cigar Man. Ha I know where that is too.

Looks like Schmidt island to me

• Thumbs Up 1

CigarGuy

I bet you know the area😀.  See ya over the 4th!  If I keep catching them there, I'll have to rename it Schmidt Narrows 😉

• Thumbs Up 1