• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Raven77

Must have been a tough day of fishing with a couple hundred good fishermen catching only an handful of fish over 5#.

I'm puzzled by the fish weighing 5.15# and and 5.81#.  Seems too heavy for a 20" fish and too light for a 26" fish.  The chart I use suggests a 20" walleye weighs 3.12# and a 26" walleye weighs 7.18#.  Of course there is huge variation around this prediction chart.  Wonder if these were these long skinny fish or short chunky fish?

Thanks for posting the results bb and congrats on 10th place.

JerkinLips

I'm sure that the 5.15 pound walleye was a skinny 26" fish.  The regulations book lists a 20" at 2.7 pounds and a 26" at 6.2 pounds.

208ProV

I was the one with the 26-1/2" fish yesterday that weighed 5.15 #s. Was a skinny spawned out walleye!  Catch her again in 2/3 weeks and she will be 6/7 lbs for sure! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Raven77

Thanks.  That was my hunch!

bassbouncer

We had a 19-1/2” that only weighed 1.85#

• Thumbs Up 1

SkunkedAgain

I didn't fish the tournament, but did luck into my PB 13" crappie off the dock while slip bobbering for walleye.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pat McGraw

SkunkedAgain,

What Bay are you in?

DLD24

We had a group up fishing this weekend and man it was tough... I've never seen so many 10.5" eyes. Between 3 boats a 15.75" was our big fish haha. We put a lot of miles in the big wind.

Esox62

We got our limits of 12-15 in crappies yesterday. great day. decided to try that new online guide service that was in the Timberjay the other day. glad we did. Surprised this hadn't been done before

Raven77

Esox, couldn't find the online guide service in the last two issues of th Timberjay.  Could you please provide a link or a hint as to where you found it?

Esox62

EZfishUSA.com is the name of the service. the Timberjay article came right up when I searched it.

Raven77
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the link.

Personally I can't imagine sending someone I've never met $100 to tell me where to fish.  Finding the fish and a pattern that works is what I enjoy most about fishing.  Catching is just the icing on the cake.  I have a cabin on the lake and a lot of time to fish though.  A service like this probably makes the most sense to someone that only has a few days to fish and needs to learn quickly where the fish are biting.  Interesting business model.

Edited by Raven77

Esox62

I agree... I don't fish crappies very often and wanted to try it out. I would have spent twice that in gas and time searching so I figured what the heck.  sounds like its really meant for tourists. I am happy to keep the service for myself' haha

• Thumbs Up 1

Wheres_Walter

Headed up tomorrow for the long weekend.  People still seeing most walleye action on minnows?  We used chubs and rainbows last weekend, didn't seem to be a difference between the two.

Stephen L Johnston Jr.

Following.

Headed up in the morning to beat the traffic up, however, it looks like it will be raining unfortunately. The girls went out last night to buy new rain gear so we will be ready. Just made a post on the Facebook page fishing Minnesota as to where everyone’s favorite bait shop is. We usually stop by the bait shop in Harris. I called this morning to confirm that they have leeches available.

Sorgy

Stephen,

I would double check that the leeches are decent. The leeches I picked up for opener I would be embarrassed to feed to sunfish 1 at a time.

A bait store in Oakdale had very nice leeches last weekend. I highly recommend them.

Good luck on Vermilion- we need some warmer temps.

Steve

Stephen L Johnston Jr.

1 hour ago, Sorgy said:

Stephen,

I would double check that the leeches are decent. The leeches I picked up for opener I would be embarrassed to feed to sunfish 1 at a time.

A bait store in Oakdale had very nice leeches last weekend. I highly recommend them.

Good luck on Vermilion- we need some warmer temps.

Steve

Which bait shop, I’m about to go take my electrical aptitude test in St. Paul at 430 so I could easily drop by oakdale 

BWpineisland

Picked up nice big leeches both of the last two weekends at Lucky Seven in Virginia. Nice rainbow minnows also.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Fish Head
19 minutes ago, Stephen L Johnston Jr. said:

Which bait shop, I’m about to go take my electrical aptitude test in St. Paul at 430 so I could easily drop by oakdale 

If it's in Oakdale, he's probably refering to Blue Ribbon Bait. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pat McGraw

Northwoods in Cook

• Thumbs Up 1

JTeeth

just bought a lb from Joe at Northwoods in Cook and they are fine.

Raven77

Is the leech bite on?  I was thinking minnows.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wheres_Walter

Caught a dozen on frazer tonight.  All on rainbows.    Jigs and lindys equally productive.  All 11-15” fish caught in  10-12 fow

• Thumbs Up 2

schmitty3

Did well last night in big bay, 15-20 fow in the evening. 5-8 as it got and after dark. LOTS of small ones but was able to get 8 in the box and 1 slot fish (22”). 

bassbouncer

Couple 25’s and a 21 last night. Water temp 52 degrees. Cold out there! Rig and minnow

• Thumbs Up 1