• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Pat McGraw

Have walleyes been queuing up outside sallower weedy bays to feed on spawning baitfish yet?

JerkinLips

Fished Thursday-Saturday this week and caught only 12 walleyes in 2½ days, half as many as I caught two weeks ago.  Fishing was quite slow for me, and the walleyes were biting very light.  At least this week there were some decent meal size fish as only 2 were dinks along with 3 slot fish.  Caught another 26" walleye pictured, and this one weighed 5#-11oz, 1oz more than the one I caught two weeks ago.  Maybe it was the same fish and added another ounce.  Weather was nice today and it brought out a lot of boats as shown in the second photo.  Fishing wasn't good enough to deal with this crowd so I quit early.  Good luck fishing, and enjoy the fall.

20191019_093345.jpg

20191019_122838.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

FishinCT

We fished Thursday-Sunday as well. Didn't do fantastic but ate fish all 3 mornings and all 4 of us went home with a limit. Kept 8 on Thursday and Saturday and 7 on Friday. I didn't fish Sunday morning but they picked up a few more then too. Size was very good. Most of our keepers were 15-19 inch fish. Got a 23 and a super fat 26" for slot fish. The 26 had to be an 8 pound fish-never seen one that fat on vermilion. Also ran into a 37" northern and a couple nice bass and perch. Thursday and Friday was exclusively an afternoon bite for us. All keepers came after 2:30pm. Saturday they bit all day. Lots of skinned minnows from short bites, probably 3:1 missed to caught ratio. 

We did most of our damage in 26-30 feet off the edges of reefs in big bay and Frazer. Tried to drift or troll around 0.5-0.7mph. Usually like to go slower but wind made it tough at times. A longer leader on the lindy seemed to be the key. About 5 feet long compared to the usual 3. Couple of the guys threw a spinner on and that was the ticket at times as well. Not fast enough to spin but I think the fish were really hugging the bottom and maybe a little flash or stirring the mud up got them to go. Also found light biters but the larger the minnow the harder the hit. Ystore was out of pike suckers Saturday so we got light northern instead and the walleyes were smacking those hard.  

All in all another successful trip. Somehow the October weather cooperated! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

Fish Head

I had similar experience to everyone else. I found my hook up percentage was a little better with jig and pike suckers then rigs and light northern. Lots of skinned minnows. Even if I give them a long time they wouldn’t have the whole minnow in their mouth. Most fish in 28-30, but did real well in 40' hole also. Lots of husky eaters and a fat 26. not many small fish. It’s been a great fall.

• Thumbs Up 3

SkunkedAgain

Fished zero hours this weekend, but did get the dock raised and took care of a bunch of other projects. Snow shovels are out for my next trip! I'm hoping to find open water in November for a final trip, but know that it's not likely!

• Wow 1

JerkinLips

BrianF - good to hear.  I was up last weekend with the wife and puppy so I didn't have much opportunity to fish.  Snuck out for a couple of hours Sunday morning and only caught a 13" walleye, 13" perch, and 25" northern.  Missed a couple other nice walleyes that stripped the back of the minnow like others have noted.  Going up Tuesday-Thursday this week to close the trailer for winter so I hope to have better luck fishing (and reporting).  Water temp was 43F in Stuntz Bay.

• Thumbs Up 4

Fish Head

I'm headed up friday. This might be my last weekend as the forecast looks absolutely brutal going forward. Anyone still fishing?

Fish Head

Last weekend (especially Saturday) was brutal.  I brought the boat home and it's done for the year. It's going to be a long winter.  

• Confused 1
  • Wow 1